Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrig Mill - Greystones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

If the spec. of phase 3 has been lowered, does that mean the price is lower as well? Or not. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Highstool

recedite wrote: »
    If the spec. of phase 3 has been lowered, does that mean the price is lower as well? Or not. ;)

Yeah right! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Casspian

Hi,

does anybody know what are the options for broadband in the new Carrig Mill development in Greystones? In particular, is it possible to have Virgin Media installed with their new 360MB broadband? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cmck1985

I went with Vodafone simply broadband - the fastest you can get in the estate is 10mb's at the moment which is not great but does the job (no problems streaming Netflix etc) Options were Eir, VF, Pure Telecom (all running on an Eir line) - have been told I'd receive fibre broadband in the estate once its rolled out..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beaconballs

Hi CMCK,

I had the Vodafone guy knocking on my door about two months ago as I was just about to order my broadband and I really wasn't sure who to go with... Eircom, Sky, Vodafone etc.

However I went with Eir(com). They broke my heart getting it in. Missed appointments, multiple mornings of work, they told me they'd have to dig up the road and so on. Eventually it went in and I have eFibre. Currently I receive 40mb (download) on 2.4G connection and 80mb (approx. but not as reliable as 2.4G connection remember) on 5G connection. Upload speed is about half the above.

Overall I'm very happy with it (no downtime whatsoever and multiple devices running) and FYI (if it's any use to you?!), I pay €45 p/m for 10 months and then €60 p/m thereafter for phone and fibre broadband.

All house's in Carrig Mill can get eFibre for sure. Hope that's useful. Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi CMCK,

I had the Vodafone guy knocking on my door about two months ago as I was just about to order my broadband and I really wasn't sure who to go with... Eircom, Sky, Vodafone etc.

However I went with Eir(com). They broke my heart getting it in. Missed appointments, multiple mornings of work, they told me they'd have to dig up the road and so on. Eventually it went in and I have eFibre. Currently I receive 40mb (download) on 2.4G connection and 80mb (approx. but not as reliable as 2.4G connection remember) on 5G connection. Upload speed is about half the above.

Overall I'm very happy with it (no downtime whatsoever and multiple devices running) and FYI (if it's any use to you?!), I pay €45 p/m for 10 months and then €60 p/m thereafter for phone and fibre broadband.

All house's in Carrig Mill can get eFibre for sure. Hope that's useful. Cheers

Hi beaconballs,

by eFibre you mean eir Fibre? I.e. just the plain phone/broadband bundle from eir? Or is it some very specific sub-type of eir fibre broadband?

Hey,

Yeah it's the standard phone and broadband and I just upgraded to fibre broadband with Eircom.

Put in your phone number or address here: https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/ NOTE: When we moved in it just said we have "advanced broadband" so don't fear. It takes about a 2/3 days after the line goes in before Eircom tech's can do a line check for Fibre. I should of been Sainted with my patience I had at the beginning. Very frustrating but stick with it (if going with Eir)

Hi folks,

I see two homes have got their driveways done by these guys: 'All Seasons' (Clive I think is his name).
    Has anyone dealt with them and what is the quality of their work do you know? (also prices please?)

Also looking at attic conversions and rough prices/spec have people received please?

Cheers guys.

Hi beaconballs,

re attic conversion - I was doing some research 2-3 months ago and found CHI Attics (atticconversions ie). If I remember well, the preliminary quote for 3 bed semi attic conversion was around 17k. They seem to have impressive portfolio of conversions done, and they mentioned they have already done 2 conversions in Carrig Mill.

Great - Thanks a mill.

Ref the driveway people; I called them (Clive I think it) and he quoted me €2000 for the job (before negotiation). I wasn't filled with confidence and was quite surprised with that price being honest.

Finally to all my new neighbours, how would you feel about a private (constructive) forum for residents only? I'm thinking of setting one up but would love to hear some feedback first.

Thanks a mill :-)

• Advertisement

That sounds like a great idea to me + would be good to get to know all the neighbours-what with work & busy lives i haven't met everyone yet!

If you'd like any help with it, let me know :-)

Great - Thanks a mill.

Ref the driveway people; I called them (Clive I think it) and he quoted me €2000 for the job (before negotiation). I wasn't filled with confidence and was quite surprised with that price being honest.

Finally to all my new neighbours, how would you feel about a private (constructive) forum for residents only? I'm thinking of setting one up but would love to hear some feedback first.

Thanks a mill :-)

Hi,

has anybody installed a water tap in the garden?
    Is it possible at all?
    Anybody know a rough cost for that?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I was in one of these houses yesterday (a friend bought one).
    I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of workmanship.

My only (minor) issue is that some of the houses are very overlooked with very steep back gardens. Block built walls deviding the back gardens would have alleviated this to some extent.

However all in all great attention to detail, wiring (as an electrical engineer always important to me), insulation and plumbing following a quick glance look impressive to me. Kitchen units looks great too.

Best of luck to all the new home owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mousemini

Love to hear if anyone extended their attic, how did it turn out. Expensive etc....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Mousemini wrote: »
    Love to hear if anyone extended their attic, how did it turn out. Expensive etc....

That is what my friend did. Looks great.

cant see anything... Was it expensive ??

Mousemini wrote: »
    cant see anything... Was it expensive ??

No idea what the cost was. She has 4 Vellux windows facing the back garden.

I've personally heard of a massive range in pricing and seen one complete which was extremely impressive and very tastefully done.

I can't wait until I get mine done. The kids will LOVE the extra space.

Ps. I'd love to hear prices from people too. Happy Easter!

To anyone in houses 14-25 have you had problems with the garden subsiding at the back due to the heavy rain over the winter & drop behind the fence?

I've been into the builder about it a few times-would be interested if anyone else is experiencing this & would it be worth getting together to ensure its sorted before the builders leave phase 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shellymf

Cmck1985 wrote: »
    To anyone in houses 14-25 have you had problems with the garden subsiding at the back due to the heavy rain over the winter & drop behind the fence?

I've been into the builder about it a few times-would be interested if anyone else is experiencing this & would it be worth getting together to ensure its sorted before the builders leave phase 3?

No issues here (edited by mod) although our fence doesn't go all way back to the end of garden. We have a little bit of property behind fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi folks

I have removed a specific address here. Generally it's best not to identify yourself or the exact house where you live

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

Cmck1985 wrote:

I'm in the same boat I've passed it to the builder to check/rectify still awaiting a response.

The gardens look very steep alright. It may be best to have them stepped with sleepers or similar.

Good morning folks.

I checked this morning and it's most definitely dropping off at the back of the garden. Worryingly there is now a gap between the ground and the the bottom of the fence. My child could essentially get her legs stuck in the gap :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Anyone bought in Phase 3?

Has anyone tried to install the undercounted kitchen lights. If yes was it easy ? Where did u purchase the lights

Hi Mousemini,

I did ours myself and I'm no electrician. Very handy to do. You can buy the gear in:

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)][font=arial, sans-serif-light, sans-serif]Hafele Ireland [/font][/color]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
    Address: Kilcoole Industrial Estate, Creowen Rd, Wicklow, Ireland

Phone:+353 1 287 3488
    Hours:
    Open today 8:45am 5:30pm

Very helpful guys and just explain you have spurs already installed and you need the strip lighting and some power transformers.

P.s. I did above the cabinets also and it looks the business :-) I hope that helps.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Zebbedee

Would any Carrig Mill residents like to comment on how the air to water heating system is working so far?
    It's a system I'm interested in and any feedback is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

Are these houses still for sale or now completed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Sorry to bring up an old thread but We are hoping to view one of the remaining phase 3 houses and just wondering since most houses are now occupied quite a while is there anything to be concerned about or anything we should watch out for? Is it still the plan that Wicklow Co co will take over the management of the green areas & roads within the estate?
    Thanks.

Advertisement