Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrig Mill - Greystones

Options
  • 28-07-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We have a deposit down on one of the these new houses but there seems to be constant problems delaying their completion. I am curious to hear about other buyers experiences of dealing with Auctioneer/Builder. The houses do look very nice in fairness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

What problems have you been informed about? It is a very new development and the whole site is not quite finished yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 memuscles

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    What problems have you been informed about? It is a very new development and the whole site is not quite finished yet

Connecting to services which has delayed completion by 4 months. Development is split over 3 phases. First phase was due to have been completed in April but there is still no end in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

OP,

From the looks of it it looks like its going to big a big enough development so doing it in 3 phases wouldn't be unusual... with regard to being delayed by 4 months... i moved into a new house 6 years ago we were due to move in in June 2008, actually moved in December 2008 and we were the first people in the row to move in.

Contact the estate agents and let them know your concerns etc.

Best of luck in your new home

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 philster1980

Hi OP,

We're in the second phase, albeit one of the first. We've been told that we should be in by late Sept/Early October - I can confirm we've been told the same with regards to the cause of the delays.

Have you been in to snag yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

didn't think these were even on sale yet - what are the prices? They're just listed as POA on MyHome.

Now that the "good times" are back, it might be interesting to have a thread to track new and planned developments around the area - there are a few that have been give permission, or are going through the process.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

memuscles wrote: »
    Connecting to services which has delayed completion by 4 months. Development is split over 3 phases. First phase was due to have been completed in April but there is still no end in sight.

So the "constant issues" you are referring to is a slip in the schedule?
    This is very normal for construction projects, timetables are frequently over ambitious in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 memuscles

Hi OP,

We're in the second phase, albeit one of the first. We've been told that we should be in by late Sept/Early October - I can confirm we've been told the same with regards to the cause of the delays.

Have you been in to snag yet?

We are second phase too. Last we were told was late aug/sept. Snag not done yet. Have you done your snag?

hi memuscles,

nope not as yet - we were on site last weekend however, and its 90% complete - with only small jobs remaining.

I'm hoping that once everything is signed off things will start to accelerate!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

loyatemu wrote: »
    didn't think these were even on sale yet - what are the prices? They're just listed as POA on MyHome.

Now that the "good times" are back, it might be interesting to have a thread to track new and planned developments around the area - there are a few that have been give permission, or are going through the process.

i heard the whole development has sold already.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Are these the ones beside Aldi?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Are these the ones beside Aldi?

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

2011 wrote: »
    So the "constant issues" you are referring to is a slip in the schedule?
    This is very normal for construction projects, timetables are frequently over ambitious in my experience.

Err.... slippage is caused by something, mainly poor planning however you should be aware that builders will routinely delay the completion of builds so as not to trigger payback clauses in bank loans. They may be holding off until a number of houses are sold before stating completion for this reason.

Carrig Mill = Mill Stone... :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

however you should be aware that builders will routinely delay the completion of builds so as not to trigger payback clauses in bank loans.

So your point is that a slip in schedule is quite normal or not?
    Carrig Mill = Mill Stone... :)

Are you aware of any issues apart from a scheduling?

I have only seen these houses from the road but they look good to me.
    I think they will sell like hot cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

all sold already metinx

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mousemini

Im in the first phase. House snagged since early July and no moving date yet. Or closing date.Some excuse with council???? Asked auctioneer but nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

how much are these houses going for?

Think they are all sold. They ranged in prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Mousemini wrote: »
    Think they are all sold. They ranged in prices

what was the range out of interest?

Im in the first phase. House snagged since early July and no moving date yet. Or closing date.Some excuse with council???? Asked auctioneer but nothing yet

hi mousemini - we're in the second phase - hope you dont mind me asking - were there many issues in your snag?

• Advertisement

Nothing major. Have u had an update from auctioneer to when your phase will be completed. We hoped to move end of August highly unlike now 😂

that's good to hear. I spoke to them earlier in the week, probably now looking at October - and we're in one of the first second phase properties.

fingers crossed you can get in sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Can anyone tell me how much these houses went for?
    Seem's to be top secret.

They're all wooden frame so I'd expect they're about 250k??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sulberto

From what I heard the 3 beds were going for approx €410k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

sulberto wrote: »
    From what I heard the 3 beds were going for approx €410k.

wow.
    ok.

thanks for that.

can't believe they're sold out at 410k for timber frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

Sounds about right to me when you factor in the G-tax*. ~€250k + G-tax = ~€400k od.

* the additional tax just for being in Greystones which makes everything that little bit more expensive, from a packet of crisps to houses.

We are delayed another 3-4 weeks .... Really annoying

Mousemini wrote: »
    We are delayed another 3-4 weeks .... Really annoying

Did they tell you why you're delayed? Its frustrating that they're not been upfront as to why there are delays - especially as the houses have been complete for so long.

They said nothing to us, just another 3-4 weeks. Very very frustrating. No proper answer.

• Advertisement

I say we will by end of sept.. Won't be any earlier

Advertisement