Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrig Mill - Greystones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beaconballs

FYI; I believe that No.15-24 is Phase 2 split 'a' (if we call it that) and No. 25-34 is Phase 2 'b'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kennethGoonery

Just a quick update for anyone interested.... The builders are true to their word - got the nod to go ahead and register our ESB connection so that we can start the snagging once completed...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cmck1985

Got that today too Kenneth-spent 28mins on a call trying to get an MPRN number moved to my name by ESB!! Have been told by ESB it could be up to 10 days to before someone is available to connect the metre. Next steps from what I've been told...is selecting an electricity provider > get in remaining appliances > snagging

Any ideas what the electricity costs per year would roughly be on these houses?

Cmck1985 wrote: »
    Got that today too Kenneth-spent 28mins on a call trying to get an MPRN number moved to my name by ESB!! Have been told by ESB it could be up to 10 days to before someone is available to connect the metre. Next steps from what I've been told...is selecting an electricity provider > get in remaining appliances > snagging

Any ideas what the electricity costs per year would roughly be on these houses?

Not sure about the esb costs but I expect them to be on the lower side of the scale as per energy rating

I suspect we can expedite the meter installations with esb because there are multiple houses ready for meter installs so they can get a number of them done same day...

I'll be pushing hard to get it scheduled asap.

Great-thanks & likewise I'll keep you posted I case I get any update!

I also found an answer to my earlier question (should have went to google before posting)-average energy cost of an A2 rated home is around €343 per year :-) Google building energy rate incase you're interested!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

Its not that simple. Electricity costs will be higher than average because of the heat pump. On the other hand, overall fuel costs should be lower than average, because of the modern standards of insulation and no oil or gas bills.
    I would not expect the electricity bill for January to be less than €100 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mousemini

May houses in phase 1 moved in????

I drove in the estate yesterday-site gates are down as far as number 21 now-lot of cars at the various houses before that so looks like people have properly started to move in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shellymf

Only 7 houses occupied so far. Legal Paperwork holding up most of the others.

I'm expecting our electricity meter to be installed early this week.
    If anyone else is in the same position can you please post and let me know if yours has been installed on time.
    Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

I'm expecting our electricity meter to be installed early this week. If anyone else is in the same position can you please post and let me know if yours has been installed on time. Thanks all

I'm in phase 2 and called about 4 weeks ago and got this installed in c 3 days. Your shouldn't have a problem.

Electricity meter has been installed.
    So the next step is the snagging process.
    I'd be interested to hear about anyone else who has gone through the snagging process and how quick the builders were able to turn it around.

Hi Kenneth. Being honest, there were only a few bits to be snagged and overall I was extremely happy with the level of finish.

Also the final hurdle with the builder and O'Gorman's was great. They were both extremely helpful.

The actually move was the hardest :-(

Thanks - Hoping to be moving late November - Early December!
    Feels realistic at this stage...

fingers crossed!

So it continue's...

For everyone interested, I had Eir(com) out today to install the phone line (so I can get a broadband line in) and the engineer that arrived said he wasn't able as there was no line going into the house!!! What a joke!!!

I've been onto Eir all day (to a helpful girl Ciara to be fair) and this is the latest;
    "what they (the engineer's) have advised me is that there is Cabling required outside and as they need to submit planning permission to the council this can take anything from 3 weeks to 3 months to get resolved I am afraid."

Can you actually believe we can't get a phone or broadband line in. Really annoyed :-(

Sorry if this is a stupid question but who needs to submit the planning - the builder i assume?

Can O'Gormans push them to get this done ASAP?

It is 2015 afterall and a fiber line is fairly critical for home/ work etc...

Never a stupid question here Kenneth. I'm full of them!

I spoke to Bernie earlier and she had no info I'm afraid. I'm clearly the first to enquire. I'll email Linda now and see if she can give me a steer. She's been very helpful with us lately and no doubt will do what she can.

I'll update when I know more. Cheers

Ah we got eir installed last week(tv, internet and landline). No problems at all. Everything they needed was in the house. It is all located in the utility room with connection in living room.

Electricity meter has been installed.
    So the next step is the snagging process.
    I'd be interested to hear about anyone else who has gone through the snagging process and how quick the builders were able to turn it around.

The snagging isn't your biggest issue that will hold up your sale going through. The biggest hurdle will be the legal paperwork. The developer has now acknowledged that the solicitor is not on top of his job.

shellymf wrote: »
    The snagging isn't your biggest issue that will hold up your sale going through. The biggest hurdle will be the legal paperwork. The developer has now acknowledged that the solicitor is not on top of his job.

Thanks for your note. So from snagging to move in - how many weeks did it take?

I appreciate it will be different for most because of legal paperwork, service, incompetent solicitors but it would be nice to have a frame of reference...

Cheers
    Kenneth

• Advertisement

+1 on Kenneth's question-would love to know an idea of how long between snagging & move in from anyone in..

Also we've been told we need to have contracts all fully signed before appliances go in so we can snag...is this right? Thought you could snag while contracts were ongoing

Cmck1985 wrote: »
    +1 on Kenneth's question-would love to know an idea of how long between snagging & move in from anyone in..

Also we've been told we need to have contracts all fully signed before appliances go in so we can snag...is this right? Thought you could snag while contracts were ongoing

We've the contracts signed (maybe 3 weeks) so haven't encountered that issue...

Makes sense really. If you haven't signed the contract, you haven't (technically) agreed to buy the property - hence no snagging.

We snagged back in July. Finalised all those snags on 20th August, however have had plenty of snags since moving in ( leaks, kitchen appliances not working, broken drawers, toilet seat issues, scratches on windows pains). Didn't close until 14 October!
    From our experience all legal issues arising from incompetence of sellers solicitor.

We snagged back in July. Finalised all those snags on 20th August, however have had plenty of snags since moving in ( leaks, kitchen appliances not working, broken drawers, toilet seat issues, scratches on windows pains). Didn't close until 14 October!
    From our experience all legal issues arising from incompetence of sellers solicitor.

Wow - that's a lot of additional snags... We're the builders responsive getting the additional snags sorted??

Hi Kenneth. To answer your question, from snagging to moving in it took 2/2.5 weeks in total. We're phase 2 and have been in nearly two weeks now. Saying that the issue with Eircom has been a nightmare and thanks Shelly for your insight. Most appreciated.

Wow - that's a lot of additional snags... We're the builders responsive getting the additional snags sorted??

Yip builder has been great. Issues sorted soon as they arise and are told about them. Waiting though on kitchen fitters to be back on site so they can fix a couple more little issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 philster1980

Hi shellymf

Can I ask if the leaks related to the gutters? Or were they internal?

Cheers

Hi shellymf

Can I ask if the leaks related to the gutters? Or were they internal?

Cheers

Leak was in ensuite shower. They ended up cutting hole in hallway at bottom of stairs to access it and resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Highstool

Anyone else notice the sign says A3 instead of A2???

• Advertisement

hi highstool, i spoke with one of the guys onsite about this a couple of weeks ago, his response was that phase 1 & 2 are a2 rated but that the new phase 3 ones will only be a3 as it was so much extra hassle/cost to get the a2 certification for the houses in the first 2 phases..

on broadband, has anyone else got a different broadband provider apart from Eir? Interested to know what options are/were available..virgin media doesn't seem to be available in the area

Advertisement