Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Ex-O2 customers haven't 4G.

Ex O2 customers got 4G since the beginning of July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

But has it been fully rolled out?

Yes. The same rules apply with O2 customers as Three. Area, plan, phone etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just got a text from 3 saying the big upgrade is here and they are rolling 4g out to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

iD will have 4G from launch

• Advertisement

Right, well if the rollout is under way, they'll need to make things move faster.
    slegs wrote: »
    iD will have 4G from launch

Yep, I'm aware of that. Sure, I'm using the network at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Anyone got a spare sim they what to share? 😀

CVB wrote: »
    I'm on this plan also :-) fantastic exclusive plan
    I know the launch date :-) but
    I cannot reveal the launch date all I can say is very soon :-)

Aghhh is it within the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

jonny_b wrote: »
    Aghhh is it within the next week

Before the end of the month. Next week or two weeks.

Seen a billboard today for the network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

You are correct in saying before end of month :-) can't say when - trust me very soon :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

CVB wrote: »
    You are correct in saying before end of month :-) can't say when - trust me very soon :-)
    Yeah, but which month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    iD Mobile is already online in the Northern Ireland and the UK.
    https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/sim-only
    I'm moving up north myself and for my basic needs the £5 p/m deal is the best I found.
    Cost|Minutes|Texts|Data
    £5|250|Unlimited (5000)|500MB
    My guess is they will be pretty competitive here too.

If they do a deal like this here, Mrs BowWow would leave her current Pay as You Go supplier and take it.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yeah, but which month?

This month.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's launching towards the end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

im just wondering if i register interest on this how long does it take till you might here if you have been lucky enough to get a sim?

crasy dash wrote: »
    im just wondering if i register interest on this how long does it take till you might here if you have been lucky enough to get a sim?

The soft launch SIM Card competition was only for selecting one person. Other SIM Cards have been kept for friends and family of Dixon Carphone staff and staff themselves and aren't knocking around. This prize was one of the SIM cards.

As for the registration, this is a mailing list to inform you upon launch of the offers and a potential discount to be decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The soft launch SIM Card competition was only for selecting one person. Other SIM Cards have been kept for friends and family of Dixon Carphone staff and staff themselves and aren't knocking around. This prize was one of the SIM cards.

As for the registration, this is a mailing list to inform you upon launch of the offers and a potential discount to be decided.

So 5000 people aren't going to be offered the 15 euro plan?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    So 5000 people aren't going to be offered the 15 euro plan?

No, this is not the case. It is not what it appeared to be. If I know more, I'll let you all know.

what is the case regarding your previous post of 5000 people being randomly selected from who signed up to hear more? Is this not the case anymore?

• Advertisement

jonny_b wrote: »
    what is the case regarding your previous post of 5000 people being randomly selected from who signed up to hear more? Is this not the case anymore?

I see your point and I completely agree! I was told by a former colleague (who is now working within the Dixon Carphone group) that this was the case, but apparently, from my understanding (and my own speculation), this was either removed because of demand (removed because of the fact it would cost a bomb) or because is not being flaunted (because of the 'prize') but could still happen.

I don't question what I was told, but from my own speculation, I'd rather err on the side of caution. I'm going to take a back seat in this thread as I am unsure of the outcome of this and don't want any more uncertain information going around which could complicate some people! :)

Sure, I'm in the same boat as you! :)
    I am lurking and I will come back with as much information as I can when more concrete.

Anyone got 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Jesus these guys are annoying. Facebook updates everyday yet nothing about price plans or a launch date. Amateur hour. I'll be avoiding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

im on the starting offer, 5000 mins 5000texts 20gigs of data 15 blips.....grand job, i dont know if they ended up giving them randomly....i do know alot of people in the communication industry ie call centre operatives received some to distribute....was offered 2 from 2 different people both in different companies!

so far network is great no blackspots as of yet, internet signal is perfect very happy. and the support lads are bang on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

im on the starting offer, 5000 mins 5000texts 20gigs of data 15 blips.....grand job, i dont know if they ended up giving them randomly....i do know alot of people in the communication industry ie call centre operatives received some to distribute....was offered 2 from 2 different people both in different companies!

so far network is great no blackspots as of yet, internet signal is perfect very happy. and the support lads are bang on!

Is it 4g & without bring too specific, what part of the country are you in, & urban or rural area? Thanks

in dublin, 4g rolled out from launch as far as im aware

+1, very happy too, care team excellent too.

in dublin, 4g rolled out from launch as far as im aware

Im hearing 4G was turned on today

possible but i dont have a 4g phone so wouldnt know either way i dont think!?

• Advertisement

No blackspots on the network, other than those experienced by Three customers.

Customer Care team are very friendly and helpful. They're very nice and easy to talk to, plus they get things done fast. Hopefully it lasts. Eishtec are the folks being the team. Fair play to them so far.

I'm in Dublin and 3G is still the only option. I'm right beside a mast, and I've been in places earlier close to them (Three/Former O2 sites) and still getting 3G. This evening I have got only HSDPA and not H+, so maybe something is going on. Probably not.

Who else in Dublin has got 4G this evening? What parts? I'd be surprised. 4G from the hard launch, not this soft launch. We'll see. Next week is D-Day.

Advertisement