Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rimfire & Centrefire comp Sporting Rifle - August 23rd - MNSCI

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Based on the weather reports for tomorrow i've spent the day on the range and now have both the Creedmoor range and sheltered ranges set up to run both competitons tomorrow.

The rimfire comp. was always going to take place on the sheltered range so that was sorted. The C/F comp was/is to take place on the Creedmoor range but if conditions are as bad as the report makes it out then it will be moved onto the sheltered range.It may slow the speed of the shoot down as we'll only have 9 bays per distance instead of the 20 of the Creedmoor range, but we'll get through it.

So everything is ready go. The turnout will hopefully be good for both (as a minimum number is needed to run each comp).

So hope to see as many as possible there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭badaj0z

Excellent contingency planning. I will be there and look forward to this eagerly awaited competition.

BTW there will be a selection of ammo for most calibers if any one needs any. May not be what you regularly use, but it's available if anyone is stuck.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

All the results and some pictures are available from the MNSCI Facebook page.

It was a good day, and the weather held long enough to hold the centrefire shoot on the Creedmoor range. Centrefire numbers were down a little from last time, but good to see the rimfire numbers up. The standard of shooting in both events was very good with the scores tight enough. The cold bore shoot was also interesting with the winner just one inch from dead centre at 300 yards.

There are plans for another rimfire, only, event in the coming weeks. Details will be organised over the coming weeks, and i'lll start a new thread as we get closer to it.

I'd like to thank everyone that turned up and congratulate everyone on a good shoot. Well done to the lads that won and i hope you both enjoy your new rifles. Thanks to the MNSCI for holding the comp, and for the top class prizes.

Looking forward to the next shoot and to seeing you all there.

New thread for rimfire comp here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Davidcardiff

Any chance of this competition goin ahead again before Christmas

There are plans for a large Christmas shoot which hopefully will be the first or second week of December. I've been busy IRL so have not gotten around to organising another interim shoot between now and then.

If one could be done it would have to be within the next week or two which may not leave lads with enough time to make plans to travel. Plus there are various comps in other ranges, including the midlands, for most of November and while i knew the turn out for the first few comps would be low until the comp "found it's legs" past shoots have shown that when the dates are the same as established shoots, that turn out is lower than expected.

This means that the competition element among shooters is low. IOW no point in holding a shoot with only one detail.

One thing that crossed my mind is there are two shoots (Bullseye 360 Pistol & Rifle) organised for Saturday the 7th November and Saturday the 21st November. I was thinking of holding the rimfire comp on one of these days as it would allow lads that shoot these to take part in the both comps as the last time they crossed some lads expressed their disappointment of having to choose between the comps as one was on Saturday and one on Sunday. IOW they could not travel both days of the weekend.

So if i get the go ahead with this it means the comp will be on a Saturday.

As soon as i can get an answer on the dates i'll post here and start a new thread. If it's a case of too close to the Christmas shoot then we'll leave the interim shoot and just focus on the Christmas one.

I'll also be looking for interest in the coming weeks at establishing a league for the rimfire shoots. Details are scarce at the moment but it means it'll be a case of attending "X" amount of shoots throughout the league with the best, say, 5 of 7 shoots going towards your total. It can also be done in two leagues. A spring/summer one then an Autumn/winter one.

Will it be 100/200/300 centre fire aswell

I'm hoping the shoot will incorporate:
    • Sporting rimfire
    • Sporting Centrefire
    • F-Class
    • Historic/Classic
    • Pistol
    • Benchrest (rimfire)
    • Benchrest (Centrefire)
    • Clay pigeon

Now that is a lot to fit in and obviously it'll be done over Saturday and Sunday of the given weekend. Some disciplines may be dropped due to constraints or interest (or lack thereof).

Most shoots will be open so anyone can take part. Some will be for members only, but they will most likely just be he F-Class stuff for the lads that shoot in the league. I'm hoping for a stand alone F-Class that can be done by anyone. IOW open to all and at short range (600 yards or less). Same with the Benchrest centrefire.

As i said in this thread i can only guess at the moment. The final decision is not mine to make. However i will let you all know as soon as i do.

Sweet looking forward to it

• Advertisement
Advertisement