Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wynonna Earp (SyFy) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Haven't gotten around to any SDCC panels but just watched this interview from it:

heh a no-jerks rule for the casting director :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

From what I can see they had to change the whole storyline of season 2 to incorporate the pregnancy and they have done an amazing job doing it I must say.

It's tied in really well with some of what they'd already set up too. Like Bobo told Waverly she wasn't an Earp in S1 so they were obviously going to have to do something with that in S2. If the pregnancy hadn't come along who knows where that would have gone.
    I wonder if Waverly being possessed would have run the full season if they hadn't had to work in the pregnancy too?

So given what happened in the last ep, with Wynonna technically dying and resetting the curse, does that mean she's not the heir anymore either? Is the baby the heir and therfore technically there is no heir until the baby turns whatever age the curse specified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

So given what happened in the last ep, with Wynonna technically dying and resetting the curse, does that mean she's not the heir anymore either? Is the baby the heir and therfore technically there is no heir until the baby turns whatever age the curse specified?

Or has Wynonna 'turned' 27 again?

Or has Wynonna 'turned' 27 again?

Also is everyone put down by Peacemaker back?

Juan Carlo said to Dolls "the Earp sisters will be reunited before sundown" Oddly non specific and at the same time Earp specific.

• Advertisement

Well next week looks like it will be a wild ride! The season 2 trailer had scenes of a few of them looking quite wild and feral, I reckon that could be from next week's episode

As for this week, I've suspected Rosita is a revenant for an episode or two, considering she seemed to have such a long history with Doc.

But they were a bit casual with Waverly's half-rev self-reveal. What happened that made her jump to that? I know she had the memory of Bobo saving her and she said 'Papa', but I want to know why she called him that back then but seemingly forgot until now. Also they wake Bobo up and then do nothing this (and probably) next week? Would they not notice him around?

I always seem to come out of this show with more questions than I had going in.

Glad they're finally working Rosita into the bigger story. It fells like maybe whatever they had planned for her got changed when they had to work in the pregnancy, or at least postponed by a few episodes.

Wynonna thinking the baby rattle was a maraca was hilarious. :D

Well I don't have much to say about that episode...except for building us up for the next episode.

Looks like we're getting the alternate universe staple of these kind of genre shows. Usually a fun episode, though I look forward to seeing how it advances the plot enough to get everything wrapped up enough in the finale

I .. I.. WHAT>!!? :)

Well they've two episodes left this season. It's just mad how they've pull what feels like multiple seasons of story into this one though and now this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Slydice wrote: »
    I .. I.. WHAT>!!? :)

Well they've two episodes left this season. It's just mad how they've pull what feels like multiple seasons of story into this one though and now this!
    Could be setting up the arch for season 3 though which would be a good fit as they spend that season slowly realizing something is wrong and how to fix it while Bobo is back and a certain husband causes problems :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A cracking episode and loved that ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent episode. Those few cliffhangers were worthy of a season finale. Looking forward to seeing how Bobo surfaces again - we haven't seen him since his resurrection.

I'm pretty sure Wynonna is back by the end of the next episode

^^^

If anyone has read the spoiler can they say if it's about the episode or up coming episodes or next season or something just give a hint at what it's about I don't want to click on it and regret it.

If anyone has read the spoiler can they say if it's about the episode or up coming episodes or next season or something just give a hint at what it's about I don't want to click on it and regret it.

A response to some other speculation on thread about how the rest of the episodes play out

This week's episode was great. Last week felt like a bit of a filler in some ways, not a lot happened to further the plot but this week was just madness!

I do love how this show balances the humour and the drama. I laughed multiple times this week and yet was totally absorbed in the drama of Waverly's dilemma. Can't believe there's only a few episodes left. I only watched S1 a few months ago so didn't have to wait for S2 at all, not looking forward to having to wait all year for S3 :(

P.S. What a clever way to get rid of Wynonna for however long. I'm sure the actress was pretty much 9 months pregnant by the time they got to filming this late in the season. Whether it's only for one episode or the rest of the season they've worked the pregnancy and around the pregnancy so well.

P.P.S. I didn't understand Doc's reasoning for encouraging Waverly to do the deal with Beth Faced Widow? It sounded like he was saying it was worth it because Nicole would be cured and there to help them fight whatever was coming when the seal was broken but, as much as I like Nicole, she's the most expendable of the team, so that doesn't really make sense.

P.P.S. I didn't understand Doc's reasoning for encouraging Waverly to do the deal with Beth Faced Widow? It sounded like he was saying it was worth it because Nicole would be cured and there to help them fight whatever was coming when the seal was broken but, as much as I like Nicole, she's the most expendable of the team, so that doesn't really make sense.

Do you mean Dolls? I think this episode proved how much everyone in the circle loves Nicole. He obviously thinks her strength is needed in the fight against Clootie.

Do you mean Dolls? I think this episode proved how much everyone in the circle loves Nicole. He obviously thinks her strength is needed in the fight against Clootie.

Yeah sorry, I meant Dolls.

I didn't mind him encouraging Waverly but the reasoning just seemed a little fuzzy to me. I suppose, as you say, everyone loves Nicole, so perhaps it was just a case of him being willing to justify doing anything to save her regardless of how sound the logic was.

Yeah sorry, I meant Dolls.

I didn't mind him encouraging Waverly but the reasoning just seemed a little fuzzy to me. I suppose, as you say, everyone loves Nicole, so perhaps it was just a case of him being willing to justify doing anything to save her regardless of how sound the logic was.

He also probably knows that Waverly would fall apart if Nicole died and then they'd be two down.

Earlier in the season Wynonna told him: "If something happened to Nicole, Waverly would die."

I loved this episode. Seeing everything turn into a ****show without Wynonna with some things just remaining intrinsically the same. The widows were great, as was Bobo. I can't wait to see how they settle this in the finale next week.

• Advertisement

They handled the alternative reality well and having it be just a kinda shadow reality felt new. Then all stuff at the end all happening at once!

As an aside: the police uniforms are starting to throw me off. They're like a mix between a star trek enterprise uniform and a baywatch lifeguard uniform. Maybe they've got a hilarious baywatch music theme scene coming up :)

The chemistry between the cast is amazing you can just tell they are having the time of their lives making this show.

I loved that episode. Man, this show is so much fun, sucks there's only 1 ep left this season.

As mentioned above the alternate reality was handled really well. Interesting that Nicole was still in love with Waverly but Waverly was still riding the straight train, for the most part. I suppose it was down to Wynonna coming back to town that Waverly interacted with Nicole enough to realise she loved her?

I really hope Bobo sticks around for S3, they still haven't really addressed Waverly's parentage properly, whether Bobo is her father or not. I was sure he was but the episode where Wynonna was on her spirit quest kind of gave an alternative explanation for why he was so protective of her.

Interesting that Nicole was still in love with Waverly but Waverly was still riding the straight train, for the most part. I suppose it was down to Wynonna coming back to town that Waverly interacted with Nicole enough to realise she loved her?

Speaking of Waverly — how in the world did she end up with Perry?
    When we first meet Waverly in the series, she is with her high school boyfriend, Champ. Although we are a big fan of Dylan [Koroll’s] — the actor who plays Champ — we’re not a huge fan of Champ as a character. If Waverly had matured, I like the idea of her with someone who wasn’t necessarily a jerk.

I also liked the idea that she still hasn’t found herself. Wynonna showing up allowed Waverly to really examine who she is and what she wants. So if Wynonna never existed, I do buy that it might have taken Waverly longer than anticipated. But of course, just that proximity to Nicole Haught was going to wear her down eventually and make her realize the truth.

(x)

^ I have to say I really love Waverly and Nicole. I think it's because quite often on TV shows a gay character exists as the gay character, if you know what I mean? Here, being gay is not the defining characteristic for either Nicole or Waverly. Other than the episodes where Waverly was realising her feelings, their sexuality is completely irrelevant.

^ I have to say I really love Waverly and Nicole. I think it's because quite often on TV shows a gay character exists as the gay character, if you know what I mean? Here, being gay is not the defining characteristic for either Nicole or Waverly. Other than the episodes where Waverly was realising her feelings, their sexuality is completely irrelevant.

They're one of the best, if not the best, handled gay couples on a TV show. The showrunner and the actors all really care about getting it right too.

Btw, does any one else follow the side mystery?

Btw, does any one else follow the side mystery?

What's that?

What's that?

http://www.purgatorysd.com/

Basically it's a police case that we're given clues to each week. It's supernatural and connected to the history of black badge. If you click on the case logs you can view the entries from the start.

Is it trying to pass for Texas? I don remember them specifying where they were, other than Purgatory. Plus they made a point of saying Black Badge are cross border and the Canadian flag is on their badges. I had assumed they were somewhere like Montana or Dakota, especially given nobody has an accent other than Doc.

Just going back to this conversation, I was watching some clips from S1 and there's a bit where Nedley tells Nicole that the people who live in Purgatory just want a quiet life with a nice view of the Rockies. The Rockies stretch from Northern Canada right down to New Mexico :D

Narrows the location down a bit though, I suppose.

280px-RockyMountainsLocatorMap.png

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be set in Canada. In the early eps Dolls talks about BBD being part of a joint US/Canadian taskforce.

Advertisement