Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wynonna Earp (SyFy) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Can't say I care too much about Dolls but at least he's back in the main plot again.

Is the actress who plays Wynonna pregnant this season? I know it's cold wherever they're filming but even in the indoor scenes she's heavily layered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is the actress who plays Wynonna pregnant this season? I know it's cold wherever they're filming but even in the indoor scenes she's heavily layered.
    Found nothing when googling for it so it's the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,327 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just leaving it to Waverly to wear all the skimpy clothes this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is it wrong that I want Dominique Provost-Chalkley to sit in my lap and sing to me? :)

No no it's not!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

She does a great voice change, she talks about the cheerleading here:
    https://twitter.com/BeckyNCKfan/status/878567535196737536

Slydice wrote: »
    She does a great voice change, she talks about the cheerleading here:

I remember being impressed with her English accent in the opening episode of this season and then discovering it was her real accent :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ha, I actually thought the accent in Episode 1 was a bit too 'by jove' & fruity, and sure little did I know it was her own accent. Not the most unconvincing thing on the show mind you, considering a snow-covered Canada is trying to pass for Texas :D

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ha, I actually thought the accent in Episode 1 was a bit too 'by jove' & fruity, and sure little did I know it was her own accent. Not the most unconvincing thing on the show mind you, considering a snow-covered Canada is trying to pass for Texas :D

Is it trying to pass for Texas? I don remember them specifying where they were, other than Purgatory. Plus they made a point of saying Black Badge are cross border and the Canadian flag is on their badges. I had assumed they were somewhere like Montana or Dakota, especially given nobody has an accent other than Doc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is it trying to pass for Texas? I don remember them specifying where they were, other than Purgatory. Plus they made a point of saying Black Badge are cross border and the Canadian flag is on their badges. I had assumed they were somewhere like Montana or Dakota, especially given nobody has an accent other than Doc.

Huh; without double-checking I'd thought it came up during the first season & those establishing episodes about where Purgatory was. Plus, Doc Holliday, Wyatt Earp and all that mythology took place around Texas, Arizona etc. so definitely nowhere near the Canadian border, and presumably the general setting of Wynona Earp

• Advertisement

I won't argue with you regarding the show establishing where it's set but in real life they were all over, Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, in fact I think Doc died in Colorado so it could be set anywhere in that respect. I don't think Wyatt Earp had any children in real life either so I'd guess they're not sticking too closely to the real facts.

This show has everything from comedy to drama to action to camp comedy to sexual tension all in a good old rip-roaring yarn and they nearly have them all nailed on.

I had to laugh at gaged Waverly not spitting out the gaga :)

And someone was right about the jackets :)

Variety story on the twist ending about the jacket.

It's mad how they've got so much going on but nothing seems overly complicated AND they were able to pull out that ending!

This show has everything from comedy to drama to action to camp comedy to sexual tension all in a good old rip-roaring yarn and they nearly have them all nailed on.

I had to laugh at gaged Waverly not spitting out the gaga :)

And someone was right about the jackets :)

Variety story on the twist ending about the jacket.

I KNEW IT!

Lucky they film somewhere cold and the jackets were at least in keeping with the rest of the cast, most of the time. I'm trying to imagine them pulling this off if they filmed in LA or somewhere. Wynonna carrying giant shopping bags and over sized cushions in every scene :D

I laughed so hard at

"You've made an enemy this Friday."
    "It's Tuesday."
    "............. good to know."

Another good episode.

They've really nailed monster of the week feeling even though it's got an overall plot moving along as part of it.

Two small issues:
    -
    the demon getting sucked down to hell effect seemed .. non existent
    - Officer Nicole seems to be looking or going a bit soft.. though that could be part of the story

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭enterprise2017

Skerries wrote: »

Holy crap look that the beach balls on that :eek:

So... is Waverly
    half human half revenant? Bobo was her daddy?

Renewed for S3. Announced at Comic Con.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

So... is Waverly
    another theory floating around is that the baby is Waverly

another theory floating around is that the baby is Waverly

Whaaaaaa? How would that work?

• Advertisement

Whaaaaaa? How would that work?
    I'm not convinced of it myself(it's possible), but because Wynonna travels through time next week, the theory goes that Wynonna will give birth in the past and that ties in with what Waverly and Nicole read in Willa's journal earlier in the season that indicated Waverly was taken in from somewhere

I'm not convinced of it myself(it's possible), but because Wynonna travels through time next week, the theory goes that Wynonna will give birth in the past and that ties in with what Waverly and Nicole read in Willa's journal earlier in the season that indicated Waverly was taken in from somewhere

Oh okay. I haven't seen the trailer for next week. I guess it could work.

I think Waverly being
    half human half revenant is maybe a given at this point. Wynonna's potential baby daddy even said that it had happened before. I just see it making more sense for her to have the same mother as Wynonna and Willa as there's a big enough age gap there that they'd remember their mother being pregnant, or indeed not being pregnant. Also the fact that Bobo was Waverly's imaginary friend when she was little could tie in with him being her father. I'm sure there was something said about their father never really having that much to do with baby Waverly.

yes Waverly has to be half revenant, how it plays out, we'll have to see. I do think they'll try to play it out that she's still an Earp too, though

If that all happens :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

That would be disappointing.the sisterly bond thing is kinda cute.

That would be disappointing.the sisterly bond thing is kinda cute.

I agree, I like this dynamic.

Well now that put the cat among the pigeons.

A really good episode.

From what I can see they had to change the whole storyline of season 2 to incorporate the pregnancy and they have done an amazing job doing it I must say.

Emily Andras is a very, very clever writer.

Yes! This is one of those episodes that raises a show to a new level.

- Keeps developing it's own story
    - Excellent Camera Work
    - Top production quality

- INTRODUCES A FREAKING
    TIME PARADOX
    type thingey! :)(
    where Wynona tells Bobo Waverlys name
    )

Director or whoever keeps an eye on scenes needs to be keeping an eye on some practicalities.
    There was yer wan biting through a jacket and Dolls checking for a pulse with gloves on!
    :D

• Advertisement

Emily Andras is a very, very clever writer.

Just looked her up. She worked on Killjoys too!

Also, lol, at bobo typo (orwasit :D):
    https://twitter.com/emtothea/status/891132615620734977

Advertisement