Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭20/20

They do it to everyone regardless though, it's their thing. The turks go with a more youthful hairline, even for guys over 30

What I was trying to say was the temple would look very odd transplanted on the right and large bald patch on the left. I know the Aylesbury style doesn't agree with everyone. But before the transplant is done Aylesbury draw the lines on your head where the transplanted area will be. This is the time to request a different line or style. I personally couldn't because of the burn I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭ Desmond Full Conduit

Do Aylesbury insist on using drugs to help retain after surgery? I think I'll book a consultation in with them just because I would be willing to pay a little extra to avoid the trip to Turkey, but I don't want to be stuck with any adverse side effects of the drugs commonly used to help retain hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Do Aylesbury insist on using drugs to help retain after surgery? I think I'll book a consultation in with them just because I would be willing to pay a little extra to avoid the trip to Turkey, but I don't want to be stuck with any adverse side effects of the drugs commonly used to help retain hair.

Insist - no.

Recommend - yes.

Incidentally they don't advocate using finistrade

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HL2020

20/20 wrote: »
    HL2020 That is a lot of money and a lot of travelling. What was wrong with Aylesbury ? you could have at least twice as much done and be back in your own bed at night.

Anyway I thought I would post some pics of my experience with Aylesbury.
    1+2 : Sunday 24 Feb 2019 the day I had head shaved like they wanted.
    3 : Monday 25 Feb 2019 the day of the procedure all finished, I cant wash head until Tuesday.
    4+5 : 3rd December 2019 how it looks now nine months later and they claim it takes up to 18 months for full results. I know I need a decent hair cut but like everlast75 some might say it still looks thin with very bright light directly overhead.

Yeah it’s a lot of money, I’ve been thinking about it for years now. Both HRBR & HW recommended FUT for my hair loss, Aylesbury were planning to do front and leave large patch at back with FUE or DHI I can’t remember it was a while back now. With the travel I don’t mind as I’m making a holiday out of my time there. Just from looking online (reddit, YouTube, hairloss blogs) I felt they were the best option for me and after meeting with them I took the plunge!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,322 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

HL2020 wrote: »
    Yeah it’s a lot of money, I’ve been thinking about it for years now. Both HRBR & HW recommended FUT for my hair loss, Aylesbury were planning to do front and leave large patch at back with FUE or DHI I can’t remember it was a while back now. With the travel I don’t mind as I’m making a holiday out of my time there. Just from looking online (reddit, YouTube, hairloss blogs) I felt they were the best option for me and after meeting with them I took the plunge!

Good for you. hope it goes well :)

• Advertisement

They recommend you use their herbal capsules for about one year. They have absolutely no side effects, and cost €50 for six or seven week supply.
    You also have to apply regaine foam once a day for about one year also.
    The Regaine can be bought cheap enough on Amazon compared to Irish pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Coady2020

Well lads
    Anyone get a hair transplant with Dr Monica Antepowics from Ailesbury hair clinic in Dublin? Or does anyone know if that’s a good company to go with ? Also anyone know if Dr Nel would be a good choice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 paddyuibh

Has anybody got Hair Transplant with Tir Na Oģ in Donaghmede? If so would you recommend? And cost wise?

Im looking into both Ailsbury Clinic and Tir Na Oģ.

Coady2020 wrote: »
    Well lads
    Anyone get a hair transplant with Dr Monica Antepowics from Ailesbury hair clinic in Dublin? Or does anyone know if that’s a good company to go with ? Also anyone know if Dr Nel would be a good choice ?

Monica has been doing hair transplants for about 4 years having previously been a gynaecologist according to a google search I did. I've seen some good results and one or two results that I wouldn't be happy with but that's not to say those people aren't happy. She was the named doctor over my transplant but another Polish surgeon named Marcin Niedwicz? (That spelling could be way off) did the bulk of mine. He extracted, made the holes and did the hairline and implanted the left side of my head. Hes been doing transplants for about 10 years and was a travelling surgeon who comes to the clinic now and again. I found him to be excellent. We had the same taste in music too which was great!

I would have a little bit of apprehension about Monica but it's probably unfounded as if she was having a lot of bad results we would have heard more about it by now so 99% of the time is probably fine. She did about 25% of my transplant(the right side) and so far so good it all seems to be coming through fine.

I'll post some pics in the summer if I'm happy with the result lol.

Dr Cara is the other surgeon in there and shes doing it about 20 years. I have only heard good stuff about her and she finished off the last grafts of my transplant.

I had 3500 hairs which equates to roughly 1600 grafts. Ailesbury charge between 3-4 euros per graft which would be normal. Dont be completely put off by the charge per hairs. They take grafts out of the head and a lot of mine were 3-4 hair grafts

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tommy Pickle

Coady2020 wrote: »
    Well lads

I was in with Dr Nel 2 weeks ago getting mine done, very easy process. Not cheap but still half the price of the likes of HRBR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Hey

Anyone who's been to Dr Emrah Cinik for this in Istanbul have any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Simon2015 wrote: »
    The drug can cause serious cognitive problems.

that first video is one of the most frightening casual warning I have ever seen - starts off dull but OMG - everyone considering hairloss treatment should be made aut down and watch it - and their partners :0

I was in with Dr Nel 2 weeks ago getting mine done, very easy process. Not cheap but still half the price of the likes of HRBR.

What does it cost with him?

4 euro per graft

Not cheap! But I suppose that's reasonable if you're getting it done here

Monokne wrote: »
    What does it cost with him?

It worked out at €4 per graft but it would have been a bit cheaper if I allowed him to shave me bald, I kept the hair on the top of my head.

It worked out at €4 per graft but it would have been a bit cheaper if I allowed him to shave me bald, I kept the hair on the top of my head.

I'm not sure I follow...how would shaving you bald make a difference? :confused:

I'm not sure I follow...how would shaving you bald make a difference? :confused:

Its easier and faster to do if you are shaved bald. The norm is shaving bald, a lot of places don't offer to do it unshaved because its more time consuming.

Ah ok, is there much of a difference in price if you get it shaved?

It was explained to me that the reason for shaving so tight is because sometimes the transplanted hairs can stick to the longer unshaven hairs and therefore don't always take root properly. Not sure how true that would be.

I used to have quite long hair, even with the receding hair, so I had shaved to a 1 all over back and sides with like 5 on top so when they asked me on the day if I would shave all over for a better result I was like :: " Well, I'm already in for a penny as it is, might as well go in for the full pound. "

So far, I'm glad I did.

Yeah I'd rather not have it all cut off but for the ease of the transplant I will go for it

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    It was explained to me that the reason for shaving so tight is because sometimes the transplanted hairs can stick to the longer unshaven hairs and therefore don't always take root properly. Not sure how true that would be.

I used to have quite long hair, even with the receding hair, so I had shaved to a 1 all over back and sides with like 5 on top so when they asked me on the day if I would shave all over for a better result I was like :: " Well, I'm already in for a penny as it is, might as well go in for the full pound. "

So far, I'm glad I did.

Doesn't really sound convincing to me to be honest. Andre Nel has performed many with unshaved hair and said that his results are the exact same.

Depends what way you are, I didn't want anyone to know I got the transplant so going unshaved provided me with that luxury

I posted some pics of the amount that had to be shaved off with Ailesbury for my transplant. Post #359.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057464801&page=24

Doesn't really sound convincing to me to be honest. Andre Nel has performed many with unshaved hair and said that his results are the exact same.

Depends what way you are, I didn't want anyone to know I got the transplant so going unshaved provided me with that luxury

This has piqued my curiousity - was it an exceptionally small area or how did you manage to keep it under wraps?

I know a couple lads who have it done and between the initial transplant and the shedding later on I'd imagine you'd do well to keep it concealed. Not to mention the new hair down the line that wasnt there before!

This has piqued my curiousity - was it an exceptionally small area or how did you manage to keep it under wraps?

I know a couple lads who have it done and between the initial transplant and the shedding later on I'd imagine you'd do well to keep it concealed. Not to mention the new hair down the line that wasnt there before!

It wasn’t particularly small no, 2500 grafts. Most on the front of the hair line and some for thickening light parts on the temples. So after the 2 weeks off work I was able to cover the grafts with my existing hair that hasn’t been shaved off.

Like I’ve been out with friends 2 weeks after and none of them even batted an eye at me, and anyone I’ve seen since no one has mentioned anything so I’m pretty sure it’s gone undetected

Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

same as that had mine 7 months ago with dr nel, nobody noticed as i had kept my existing hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭suave.4u

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    same as that had mine 7 months ago with dr nel, nobody noticed as i had kept my existing hair.

Buddy, is it starting to grow? Are you noticing any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Yeah man looks like most of the grafts are growing or grown back but the hair is thin hair, its the next few months according to dr nel that i will see the major density change. A friend i hadn't seen in a while said i must have had a transplant but i just brushed it off told him i had new barber, none of my close friends have said anything as they see me every few days so wouldnt be a as noticeable. Im hoping/expecting big cosmetic change in next few months when the new hair caliber increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭suave.4u

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Yeah man looks like most of the grafts are growing or grown back but the hair is thin hair, its the next few months according to dr nel that i will see the major density change. A friend i hadn't seen in a while said i must have had a transplant but i just brushed it off told him i had new barber, none of my close friends have said anything as they see me every few days so wouldnt be a as noticeable. Im hoping/expecting big cosmetic change in next few months when the new hair caliber increases.

All the best :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I wish I could get enough time off work to get this done

Advertisement