Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Two Sheds wrote: »
    Of course, Planned Parenthood can be trusted to furnish the full, untainted facts. :D

'By their fruits you shall know them'. Abby Johnson now volunteers for a pro-life organisation and has abandoned her former lucrative profession. I'd say that qualifies as putting your money where your mouth is.

somewhat amusing considering the edited video that kicked off this thread was subsequently shown to be not entirely honest.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Of course, Planned Parenthood can be trusted to furnish the full, untainted facts. :D

If you believe that they have altered the information then, as with every other claim you have tried to make so far, prove it.
    'By their fruits you shall know them'. Abby Johnson now volunteers for a pro-life organisation and has abandoned her former lucrative profession. I'd say that qualifies as putting your money where your mouth is.

Good for her! Glad to see that she's not selling out any more! Although if you want to hear more about her courageous story, feel free to purchase her book on Amazon or other good Christian book stores for just $10.99. Or, if you're not a fan of reading, buy the documentary DVD for only $14.99! Act now before she they sell out!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

robdonn wrote: »
    Yes they do have something to hide, and it is the same thing that you have the right to hide.

The injunction is to block people's personal information from being released.
    I have no right to hide my name or address. In fact, such information is routinely released in our courts, innocent or not.

The names of Planned Parenthood directors was made publicly available by Planned Parenthood but their site has now been shut down. First it was being 'attacked' but because that ruse was laughed at it is now 'undergoing maintenance'.

If you believe that they have altered the information then, as with every other claim you have tried to make so far, prove it.

Good for her! Glad to see that she's not selling out any more! Although if you want to hear more about her courageous story, feel free to purchase her book on Amazon or other good Christian book stores for just $10.99. Or, if you're not a fan of reading, buy the documentary DVD for only $14.99! Act now before she they sell out!
    Something tells me you might be an ol' cynic :)

I have no right to hide my name or address. In fact, such information is routinely released in our courts, innocent or not.

The names of Planned Parenthood directors was made publicly available by Planned Parenthood but their site has now been shut down. First it was being 'attacked' but because that ruse was laughed at it is now 'undergoing maintenance'.

There's a big difference between releasing names and addresses via youtube and it be recorded in a trial.

• Advertisement

SW wrote: »
    somewhat amusing considering the edited video that kicked off this thread was subsequently shown to be not entirely honest.
    No so. The entire unedited video was simultaneously published.

No so. The entire unedited video was simultaneously published.

No it wasn't. It was released after lots of complaints about visible editing.

Something tells me you might be an ol' cynic :)

Person becomes bad at their job, on verge of being fired, quits and joins the opposing team and makes money writing about it.

I can't say many good things about her, but she has a good business model.

First it was being 'attacked' but because that ruse was laughed at it is now 'undergoing maintenance'.

For all the reasons that you are wrong, please see previous post here.

• Advertisement

For all the reasons that you are wrong, please see previous post here.
    :) Have you found anybody who believes their story?

:) Have you found anybody who believes their story?

My post was not a retelling of their story, it is a small list of independent technical facts that support their story. Do you even read the posts that you're replying to half the time?

My post was not a retelling of their story, it is a small list of independent technical facts that support their story. Do you even read the posts that you're replying to half the time?
    I read your post the first time, but you chose to reuse it as a rebuttal of mine when it's nothing of the sort.
    You're technically savvy - so what! - I can stick a spoon to my nose.

I read your post the first time, but you chose to reuse it as a rebuttal of mine when it's nothing of the sort.

I used it as a rebuttal to a very specific part of your post relating to that exact topic. So every time that you decide to reuse the argument that the hacks were faked without providing additional evidence, then I will reuse that post to refute it.
    You're technically savvy - so what! - I can stick a spoon to my nose.

I wouldn't suggest doing that, you could hurt yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Was it?

In what way?

Their company statutory filings require all company directors to list their personal details such as their name, age, home address.

If anyone really wanted to access that "personal" data, they just have to obtain a copy of statutory filings of Planned Parenthood to obtain those "personal" details.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hinault wrote: »
    Satan will always strive to protect his own.

Whose satan in this context?
    their site has now been shut down. First it was being 'attacked' but because that ruse was laughed at it is now 'undergoing maintenance'.
    As was explained earlier in the thread, the site was under attack, after which the domain was migrated to amazon web services, which I believe is where the 'undergoing maintenance' version of this website now operates. This is a plain HTML page which links to 2 phone numbers and google maps - making it nigh difficult to DDoS the site since theres really not much there (eg. if you wanted to DDoS boards, your botnet would probably do something resource heavy like use the search function of the website, attempt to register new user accounts, upload a bunch of file attachments, etc.) - none of those options exist on the maintenance page though.

Washington Times report that the financial noose is being tightened around
    Planned Parenthood butchers.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/31/sc-gop-legislators-seek-audit-of-money-to-planned-/?page=all

• Advertisement

Washington Times report that the financial noose is being tightened around
    Planned Parenthood butchers.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/31/sc-gop-legislators-seek-audit-of-money-to-planned-/?page=all

1. That's just South Carolina.

2. That's not a Financial Noose, that's a Financial Audit.

3. It isn't butchering, it's abortion - however you feel about that. Along with all the other functions Planned Parenthood does with the other 97% of its time:

Services provided at locations include contraceptives (birth control); emergency contraception; screening for breast, cervical and testicular cancers; pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling; testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases; comprehensive sexuality education, menopause treatments; vasectomies, tubal ligations, and abortion.

In 2009, Planned Parenthood provided 4,009,549 contraceptive services (35% of total), 3,955,926 sexually transmitted disease services (35% of total), 1,830,811 cancer related services (16% of total), 1,178,369 pregnancy/prenatal/midlife services (10% of total), 332,278 abortion services (3% of total), and 76,977 other services (1% of total), for a total of 11,383,900 services.[9][38][40][41][42][43] The organization also said its doctors and nurses annually conduct 1 million screenings for cervical cancer and 830,000 breast exams.

4. Butchers probably don't appreciate the association

5. You're statistically not likely to be a vegetarian - so using the term 'butcher' at all in this context, is somewhat hypocritical.

Considering that of the 11,383,900 visits they had in 2009 (when these stats were available) that over 11 million of those visits had nothing at all to do with abortion, but with other women's health issues, you can bet your hat that despite what could very well be a protracted political and media chest-bashing session that last days or weeks, that Planned Parenthood will not at all likely be shut down.

Was it?

In what way?

Claimed that there was evidence of illegal sales in video. Unedited video showed the discussion was regarding cost of transportation of tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Satan will always strive to protect his own.

That is a laughable statement in so many ways.

Claimed that there was evidence of illegal sales in video. Unedited video showed the discussion was regarding cost of transportation of tissue.

Even in the edited version of the dinner table vid its very obvious that theyre not looking to make any profit off any sort of deal and she actually starts rolling her eyes at how awkward the undercover activist is acting about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

galljga1 wrote: »
    That is a laughable statement in so many ways.

I just choose to read it as Santa, it makes as much sense and gives me a warm fuzzy xmassy feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

I just choose to read it as Santa, it makes as much sense and gives me a warm fuzzy xmassy feeling.

145 days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Overheal wrote: »
    Even in the edited version of the dinner table vid its very obvious that theyre not looking to make any profit off any sort of deal and she actually starts rolling her eyes at how awkward the undercover activist is acting about the whole thing.
    I didn't watch the first video, but I read the transcript. I lost count of the number of time she said it was just to cover costs, their objective was to provided services, the vast majority not being abortions, and every penny counted.

She was quite clearly saying the service needed to be cost neutral.

MrP

Where in the video did the doctor mention "transport/transportation costs"?

Please quote the statement that you claim the doctor made in the video.
    Alternatively please quote the time where on the video the doctor said what you claim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Ho Ho Ho.

Advertisement