Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Summer Sale 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭martini1

Thanks a mil for that! That great to know! You will also get the size you want! Been a few times to the sales at around 10am, and have bought stuff I probably wouldnt at full price! Thats a great idea abut the emails too!! So glad i asked now!

I actually emailed their Facebook page there pointing out I actively avoided their sale this year due to the way it was run and they are losing customers who may buy other items as the atmosphere is so tense

I agree totally! Went into Dunnes to browse the sales on Wednesday and bought stuff from the regular stock! Have never done so in Next! I'm exhausted after about 15 mins in Next! Feel if i dont rush around, I'll miss out! Its the only shop that seems to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I just buy my stuff in the River Island sale twice a year which sorts me out and I never have to get anything else, and because I'm a 2xl there is usually plenty left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

martini1 wrote: »
    I agree totally! Went into Dunnes to browse the sales on Wednesday and bought stuff from the regular stock! Have never done so in Next! I'm exhausted after about 15 mins in Next! Feel if i dont rush around, I'll miss out! Its the only shop that seems to happen!

Maybe Pop them a message too. If enough of us complain you never know! I love their quality but I've done the sale once and it's just terrifying tbh. If I can get value without going then I will

I actually emailed their Facebook page there pointing out I actively avoided their sale this year due to the way it was run and they are losing customers who may buy other items as the atmosphere is so tense

DONE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

Hi Millem, where can you pick up the vouchers? Just wondering if anyone knows if there's big queues outside the Cork stores? Went to Blanch a few years ago around 7 and got loads with no stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi Millem, where can you pick up the vouchers? Just wondering if anyone knows if there's big queues outside the Cork stores? Went to Blanch a few years ago around 7 and got loads with no stress!

You get them at the till. They come out maybe 3/4 times a year. They usually expire 2 weeks before a sale. There is a thread on it, so if you read through it you might get an idea of when codes are out again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Was at it once a few years back (winter sale)and haven't gone since walked in around 6ish and seeing people running around charging over other people, and using massive bin bags the put all the clothes they bought in, I got nothing in my size all that was left was men's small and xl, wasn't too bothered by that but what always annoyed me was knowing that a good majority of people that bought the most items that day have never stepped foot in a next store and only go during the sale, I know people will say that you might as well go when its cheap, just knowing the majority of people in there that day don't provide any income for the store for the next 6 months until the next sale

Hococop wrote: »
    Was at it once a few years back (winter sale)and haven't gone since walked in around 6ish and seeing people running around charging over other people, and using massive bin bags the put all the clothes they bought in, I got nothing in my size all that was left was men's small and xl, wasn't too bothered by that but what always annoyed me was knowing that a good majority of people that bought the most items that day have never stepped foot in a next store and only go during the sale, I know people will say that you might as well go when its cheap, just knowing the majority of people in there that day don't provide any income for the store for the next 6 months until the next sale

That's exactly why I emailed next. They actually aren't really giving the bargains to the regular shoppers when they allow behaviour like they do. And no one buys anything but sale items that morning because the place is mental

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I agree. In the uk they give previous online credit customers a "VIP" code so they can shop the online sale a few days before sale.
    I don't know why they can't just do a proper online sale :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

No refunds on sale items.That would stop them.

It wouldn't make any difference. Clothes that aren't used don't last long in this country I'd wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

I enjoy the sale! its a pity a few ruin it for everyone though, sitting in the middle of the floor sorting out piles of clothes. and being rammed by buggy's and children running riot. If i had no one to mind my children i wouldn't be bringing them out in the cold to queue for a sale.
    Galway was crazy last summer, guards had to be called and staff were terrified, trolleys full of clothes stolen.

shot2go wrote: »
    I enjoy the sale! its a pity a few ruin it for everyone though, sitting in the middle of the floor sorting out piles of clothes. and being rammed by buggy's and children running riot. If i had no one to mind my children i wouldn't be bringing them out in the cold to queue for a sale.
    Galway was crazy last summer, guards had to be called and staff were terrified, trolleys full of clothes stolen.

You see this is crazy. I've no problem queuing to go in. I've no problem with the mad early start. I've no problem with it being busy. I have an issue with the OTT behaviour that seems to now be the norm around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

You see this is crazy. I've no problem queuing to go in. I've no problem with the mad early start. I've no problem with it being busy. I have an issue with the OTT behaviour that seems to now be the norm around the country
    It'll never change.

Women + 70% off sale + 5AM start + kids in tow = Scenes from World War Z.

shot2go wrote: »

Wow missed that!! Thankfully! Seemingly its getting more aggressive every sale! Loyalty to regular customers possibly the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Women + 70% off sale + 5AM start + kids in tow = Scenes from World War Z.[/quote]

That's hilarious and true!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does their sale extend to online in Ireland ? Other years they've had it instore but nothing online except for the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I wouldn't go near the Next sale if I had no minder for my son. Not going to bother going this year. My son is 10 and the last year or two there has been a very poor selection of clothes for his age and I usually buy a year ahead cos he grows like a weed. I'm still on the look out for a light grey suit for myself but I'll survive another while without one.

I used to drive from Athlone to Liffey Valley for the sale, much better selection, wouldn't be there for 5am but would get there about 8am. I used to get loads of clothes for my son, I find that Next clothes wear so well, have great designs and he gets a great wear out them so they are well worth it and the early start. I like Next for work clothes for myself, again they just wash and wear so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

I find the past few years the Sale has got less and less & where it used to be the whole store had sale stock now it's a few rails at the front of the store .there was always a good selection left even later on in the day (even after the hoarders at 5-6am)
    Now it's just not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I never go to Next, don't like outside sale prices so I don't agree that it should be for regulars only. I just stick my elbows out and knock people out of the way, only real way to deal with the type of peasants you come across there.

• Advertisement

Next replied, they'll pass it along!

Hi ...,

Sorry you’ve felt the need to contact us about this. We do appreciate your feedback and will make sure to pass this to the relevant team to take note for our future sales as we know it can get quite busy in store during these periods!

Thanks for getting touch,

@ mirrorwall14

got the same, but shorter reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

will there be a sale online i wonder? I remember for the sale at christmas they had a sale on their website.

united2k11 wrote: »
    will there be a sale online i wonder? I remember for the sale at christmas they had a sale on their website.
    Think I heard it starts at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

Which store would be the best for baby clothes does anyone know in Dublin? If the stores are opening at 5am what time would you need to be there at?

Cheers

8am online sale seems to be UK only, not seeing any mention of an Irish online sale

Did anyone go?

And anyone know something about the online sale?

Didnt go yesterday, but lots buying in Knocknacarra today!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

I went!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I thought I would be tempted to go in, for a nosy, in case I miss out on a bargain. But I really couldn't have been ar$ed and it doesn't bother me at all. I think the fact that no one has posted on this thread, in the Fashion forum or even on facebook gushing about the bargains they picked up in the Next sale, it's safe to say there was nothing worthwhile in it.

I just went onto the Irish website, no sale there. There is one on the UK site.

Advertisement