Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Summer Sale 2015

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anyone know when the sale is starting? It's usually some time in July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It's starting this Saturday, 18th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Do you know what time the NEXT shops are opening at for the SALE on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭anais

hillbloom wrote:
    Do you know what time the NEXT shops are opening at for the SALE on Saturday?

If you look up the shop you want to go to on the Next website and look under 'opening hours', it'll give you the changed time for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

5am

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

It's gone to the dogs in recent years. Organised groups are all there at first light and they clear out everything, bag it all, then head upstairs to the homewear department, take up residence in an area that usually houses a few couches, gather in a circle and commence passing out everything between one another. This all happens with military precision. Nobody has a chance. It's a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

dodzy wrote: »
    It's gone to the dogs in recent years. Organised groups are all there at first light and they clear out everything, bag it all, then head upstairs to the homewear department, take up residence in an area that usually houses a few couches, gather in a circle and commence passing out everything between one another. This all happens with military precision. Nobody has a chance. It's a joke.

cute hoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Just in the Dublin shops is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

My bf works in m&s. Same carry on there when it comes to the sales

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Now, Boardsies. Let's start our own Bargain Hunting troupe.
    Let's trample over the bargain hunters who don't share or post online.

We can do it.

#DefendersOfTheNext

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I saw them in action last summer...what's worse they didn't queue as soon as the doors opened the ran past everyone :(

A very nice worker in next had warned me a few days previous and said that then end up returning a lot of (kids) clothes on the Sunday or Monday. They literally buy every single size :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Millem wrote: »
    I saw them in action last summer...what's worse they didn't queue as soon as the doors opened the ran past everyone :(

A very nice worker in next had warned me a few days previous and said that then end up returning a lot of (kids) clothes on the Sunday or Monday. They literally buy every single size :confused:

Who are these weirdos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

No refunds on sale items. That would stop them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Who are these weirdos?

Armies of families, often including small children (which they let roam free in the chaos) Giving their ethnicities would get us into trouble ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

athtrasna wrote: »
    Armies of families, often including small children (which they let roam free in the chaos) Giving their ethnicities would get us into trouble ;)
    Chinese is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Chinese is it?

No my sister works in M&S in London, and said it's usually middle eastern women! Said they're ruthless. Also said no matter how much, they always pay in cash :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I honestly can't understand how and why people bring their children to the Next sale??

How and why would you get your children up out of bed sooooo early on a Saturday morning for THIS? The Next sale can be pretty chaotic, no air, stressful, crowds, stuff on the floor, rooting through rails upon rails, dragging around the shopping bag... Why on earth would you want to deal with your children (and everyone else's) during that?! Hungry, tired, need the loo, fighting, getting lost, bored, narky, bold, etc etc

My son would rather chew his arm off than go to the Next sale with me. He came with me once a few years ago, in the afternoon time and we got a 3-piece suit for his communion - I needed him there to size it, too big for him, will be just right come May!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Chinese is it?

#GreatBunchOfLads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I honestly can't understand how and why people bring their children to the Next sale??

How and why would you get your children up out of bed sooooo early on a Saturday morning for THIS? The Next sale can be pretty chaotic, no air, stressful, crowds, stuff on the floor, rooting through rails upon rails, dragging around the shopping bag... Why on earth would you want to deal with your children (and everyone else's) during that?! Hungry, tired, need the loo, fighting, getting lost, bored, narky, bold, etc etc

My son would rather chew his arm off than go to the Next sale with me. He came with me once a few years ago, in the afternoon time and we got a 3-piece suit for his communion - I needed him there to size it, too big for him, will be just right come May!
    lucky for you that you have someone to look after your son, we dont all have that luxury
    me and my ten month old will be at mahon point this time, the last sale was a breeze, queued up for 2 hours and thirty minutes later i was driving home and he didnt even know he was there

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭black_magic

lucky for you that you have someone to look after your son, we dont all have that luxury
    me and my ten month old will be at mahon point this time, the last sale was a breeze, queued up for 2 hours and thirty minutes later i was driving home and he didnt even know he was there

I wouldn't give a cent to Next in Mahon point. I, and several of my friends and family, have witnessed the manager's maltreatment of staff in there, and it's absolutely horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Anyone been to the next shop in Dundrum for the sales. Is it just as manic? Do people really start queuing hours before 5am?

• Advertisement

Blingy wrote: »
    Anyone been to the next shop in Dundrum for the sales. Is it just as manic? Do people really start queuing hours before 5am?

People queue well before 5am. They only allow in batches of people at at time. If you arrive at 5am you might not get in till 7/8am. Summer sale though isn't As manic as winter one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

Millem wrote: »
    People queue well before 5am. They only allow in batches of people at at time. If you arrive at 5am you might not get in till 7/8am. Summer sale though isn't As manic as winter one.
    You will never be waiting 2 hrs to get in, never mind 3. I'd say if you were to turn up at 4.30, you'd be standing closer to Lidl than NEXT. Queues are the width of the pathway, so about 10 abreast. You'll be inside within an hour of opening. It always amazed me how many people they can cram into that shop.

In addition, you'll most likely spend as much time queuing to pay for your stuff as you did to get in the bloody door in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

And is the sale really that amazing? I only ever turn up late and attempt to browse but always leave quickly, it's like you can feel the tension in the air!

And is the sale really that amazing? I only ever turn up late and attempt to browse but always leave quickly, it's like you can feel the tension in the air!

All sale stuff is half price but I wouldn't bother my head going since I discovered the €15 off €30 codes! I just stock up on them and order online for baby clothes.
    The hardcore people we have spoken about are all there for kids clothes ;)

You can't try stuff on anyway at sale as changing room is closed.
    I wouldn't wear there clothes myself but their homeware is nice but again you can use codes or go to dunnes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I do wonder if they have shot themselves in the foot so to speak as they are losing customers at the sales due to the organised groups. Because of the frantic nature no one looks anywhere but the sale racks whereas if the sale actually worked like any other sale you could come in and browse and likely end up picking up one or two items at full price. Would be interesting to see what would happen if you implemented a 10 item limit for example 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Do they also have an online sale starting at the same time or is it in shops only?

I do wonder if they have shot themselves in the foot so to speak as they are losing customers at the sales due to the organised groups. Because of the frantic nature no one looks anywhere but the sale racks whereas if the sale actually worked like any other sale you could come in and browse and likely end up picking up one or two items at full price. Would be interesting to see what would happen if you implemented a 10 item limit for example 😜

I wish they would implement a 10 item limit!! I remember during the last sale I went up to mamas and papas after next and they had a brilliant sale up to 70% no pushing or shoving etc and I woukd there was only 5 people in the shop lol

I will never forget about 10 years ago at my first next sale there was sooooooo many of them (those groups) that next made them leave all the buggies outside the shop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭martini1

I've wondered this too!! Clothes are lovely, but nt worth a 5am start! and thats a good idea about the €15 off the €30 spend! Have used the vouchers previously, but how many can you get at a time?

martini1 wrote: »
    I've wondered this too!! Clothes are lovely, but nt worth a 5am start! and thats a good idea about the €15 off the €30 spend! Have used the vouchers previously, but how many can you get at a time?

I get as many as I need!!! A few weeks ago I used 4. You need to use differnt email addresses but if you have a gmail account put a . anywhere in username and you will still receive reply ;)
    Eg
    millem@gmail.com
    m.illem@gmial.com
    mi.llem@gmail.com
    You get next day delivery. Sometimes my order might come to €32/€31 depending on what I need but I don't care paying an extra €1!! As you get free next day delivery and order from the comfort of your house!!

I have a little boy and the cheaper tracksuit bottoms are great they are €8 full price but they never really appear in the sale but the dearer ones do (€5/6/7) The cheaper ones still work our cheaper with code (€4)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I actually emailed their Facebook page there pointing out I actively avoided their sale this year due to the way it was run and they are losing customers who may buy other items as the atmosphere is so tense

Advertisement