Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 'Prime Day' 15th July

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No,only one at the discounted rate

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Irish address is fine for lots of things but for things (e.g. nappies) with delivery restrictions (e.g. some electronics) you would need a parcel motel address too but you can sign up with irish address and billing address and jsut add parcel motel etc as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I'm on the lookout for The Sopranos (Blu Ray) boxset. No sign of it yet though. They did have the DVD set available in the early hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When you subscribe to Prime does your membership cover every amazon region, UK, Germany, France, Spain etc?

Or is it just pick one region and sign up to Prime on it and then you can only avail of Prime deals from that region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

You could buy them separately by signing up to free prime trial using different e mail addresses downside is 3 x PM charges

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

15% off warehouse deals is a super offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Tinie wrote: »
    15% off warehouse deals is a super offer.

Just be careful buying electronic items through warehouse deals. Got two laptops before, both died a week later. Took almost two months to get a refund. Bought a camera and screen was internally damaged. Again 2 months to get refund plus had to pay myself to send back. Overall quality is very poor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

dan786 wrote: »
    Just be careful buying electronic items through warehouse deals. Got two laptops before, both died a week later. Took almost two months to get a refund. Bought a camera and screen was internally damaged. Again 2 months to get refund plus had to pay myself to send back. Overall quality is very poor.

Ive had the complete opposite experience :eek:

Only a phone and Chromebook are electronics that have failed on me within a few months of purchase off the warehouse; amazon both emailed me a print out free postage label, and had full amount refunded within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Tinie wrote: »
    Ive had the complete opposite experience :eek:

Only a phone and Chromebook are electronics that have failed on me within a few months of purchase off the warehouse; amazon both emailed me a print out free postage label, and had full amount refunded within a week.

Amazon Uk should be grand for return and refund, I bought them from France. So advice is to stick to UK Amazon if your going to go the second hand items route from warehouse. Most of these are customer returns / damaged packing goods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Sorely tempted by the Oster Versa blender at £185. It had been selling at £250 (though it coincidentally went up in price to over £300 recently :rolleyes:). The wirecutter gives it their seal of approval too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is Amazon Fire any good for us Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Shame that Amazon don't offer free delivery for smaller goods to Ireland with Prime, would have picked up a few things if they did. Ends up costing more when deliverly is added

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Pangea wrote: »

Yes, will work for Netflix with any tweeking. As for other UK region locked content not much I can say here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Joo0 wrote: »
    Yes, will work for Netflix with any tweeking. As for other UK region locked content not much I can say here.....

Will they work with a vpn or smart dns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I use it with Overplay
    polydactyl wrote: »
    Irish address is fine for lots of things but for things (e.g. nappies) with delivery restrictions (e.g. some electronics) you would need a parcel motel address too but you can sign up with irish address and billing address and jsut add parcel motel etc as required.

I get nappies delivered directly to me without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Went for the Star Wars Blu Ray set for just over €50 delivered. Not a great saving but will be handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I'm getting it for Netflix and Kodi. dont care about the amazon services myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Scruff wrote: »
    I'm getting it for Netflix and Kodi. dont care about the amazon services myself.

Same here. Just ordered (swore I would avoid amazon today, in case I got enticed by any of the deals.....I didn't however make a pact to avoid bargain alerts :rolleyes::p.......case in point!)

• Advertisement

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/audible-3-month-free-trial-prime-day-deal-2246051

Enjoy more books with Audible

Enjoy 3 months free, download 1 free audiobook each month.
    Choose from 150,000+ audiobooks and spoken word programmes.
    Don't like your audiobook? No problem, exchange it for another for free - no questions asked.
    Cancel anytime. Your books are yours to keep.

MAKE SURE TO CANCEL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I see Amazon Prime (Premium) on Amazon.es is only €19.95 per year. That's a serious difference in the £79 on the .co.uk site.

Would it be worth getting? No interest in the free deliveries side of things, more the streaming content and free Kindle books. (Would it be even possible to view the content?)

Theres no mention of streaming content in the .es prime pages I assume thats why its so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I get nappies delivered directly to me without any issue.

Sorry that was a typo meAnt to say there was no issues with nappies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you buy the firestick but dont continue with prime membership after the month do they charge you the full amount for the firestick after the month ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

If you buy the firestick but dont continue with prime membership after the month do they charge you the full amount for the firestick after the month ?

Hell no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yes and no.

They don't charge you for the full amount when you cancel prime, but they do charge you what you have "saved" while being on the Prime trial.

They do that via third party. I am a third party collector for amazon prime savings.

Basically, when you cancel your prime account, you forward me the rest of the payments that you saved on while using prime.
    PM me for my paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Saw a few articles shared around that were critical of this promotion being a bit of a stunt.

There wasn't much on offer that enticed me certainly nothing to even consider signing up for a Prime trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well I added to my Blu Ray collection again despite promising myself I wouldn't do so....lol (not really).

Interesting comparison between the french and UK sites. France had game of thrones 1-4 on blu ray @ eur 29 whilst the UK offer was somewhere between £45-49 STERLING (can't remember the exact price). It's s disgrace Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Four series of GoT at less than thirty Euro is a good deal.

Sterling - Euro conversion is not so good these days

• Advertisement
Advertisement