Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 'Prime Day' 15th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Rojo wrote: »
    I'm probably asking a really silly question that a million other gob****es have asked before.

Can I get a kindle delivered from Amazon.de? I used a parcel motel address (newtonabbey) and it isn't working for me. :-/

Feel like I'm missing out on something..

MAILBOX.DE

similar to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Rojo wrote: »
    I'm probably asking a really silly question that a million other gob****es have asked before.

Can I get a kindle delivered from Amazon.de? I used a parcel motel address (newtonabbey) and it isn't working for me. :-/

Feel like I'm missing out on something..

Also, a lot of items will ship from .de to your Irish address so check that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Is it just me or is it like rummaging around in TK Maxx just hoping for a bargain in all the shyte?

Need to be on it all day to get anything decent. That you didn't know you needed.

Is it just me or is it like rummaging around in TK Maxx just hoping for a bargain in all the shyte?

Need to be on it all day to get anything decent. That you didn't know you needed.

Being honest there are plenty of decent deals. You just have to switch around the different regions. Some good bargains there.

Or just check what is on offer when and if its something you would want , log in then to see the sale price. Saves spending whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

dan786 wrote: »
    MAILBOX.DE

similar to parcel motel

Be very careful with using a third party mailboxe from Amazon.de.
    I purchased a phone a few months back and when it eventually arrived there was a small flaw on the screen, the seller used the excuse that how do I know it wasn't damaged coming from mailboxe.de to me and Amazon stood by him and wouldn't honour their a-z guarantee.
    The best I could get out if them was I'd have to send it back to the seller at my own expense, they them would inspect it and decide where the damage occurred and whether to repair or replace, they immediately took all other listings of this phone off Amazon so they could say that they didn't have any replacements so I would basically end up with a repaired device around a month later if they decided the damage occurred on their side, which I really doubt they would and I would be down the delivery costs.
    Just be cautious it's not all plain sailing if you need to return something after using a third party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Being honest there are plenty of decent deals. You just have to switch around the different regions. Some good bargains there.

Or just check what is on offer when and if its something you would want , log in then to see the sale price. Saves spending whole day.

That's kinda what I'm saying. I don't have time to rummage like that unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

How does the streaming with Prime work? Using a VPN?

I'm not sure but I use this service for Netflix https://www.unblock-us.com/supported-services

That says they can only offer US Amazon instant and Amazon requires a US card

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

califano wrote: »
    Remember to check your banking to make sure prine didnt deduct your acc even if you didnt sign up which happened to me and many others. You can get them to reverse it as long as you havent used the product in the mean time.

Thank you for this...

Having read this, I just checked my bank history and I got stung for £79 when I tried the trial, it was also up for auto renewal on the 20th of this month.

Got on to amazon through chat and they are processing the refund as I didnt use it at all. It defaults to auto renewal and I dont ever remember seeing options to cancel or notification which I am sure is there but fairly discreet. Wasn't just a request for the refund and I was on to them for a while.

As the OP says be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Are you restricted to buying these deals from where ever you take out Prime membership (trial) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Also are they the on ear or the over ear ones ?.

On ear, can't link just go through the deals, they are also being offered later on as well in case you miss them, the urbanites are being offered as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

scubapro wrote: »
    On ear, can't link just go through the deals, they are also being offered later on as well in case you miss them, the urbanites are being offered as well.

Reather a over ear for confurt thanks anyway.

But would these hold up wearing say while I am running ?. As I have beats pros and there way to heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

loughrey wrote: »
    For anyone who has used up their trial and wants to avail of the Prime Day deals, all you need to do is sign up with a new email address and you'll get a chance to get a trial again. I've been getting 10 months of Prime doing this trick. Your postal address isn't flagged as that of another account, so it's a perfect loophole. Right now I'd never be able to justify Prime until they offer at least Super Saver at a lower minimum buy than 30 pounds or Prime at a reduced price for Irish customers as it's just Prime movies you getting (Netflix is better) and you lose Super Saver as a Prime customer, making it counterproductive. So use this loophole and get unlimited supplies of trials.

And if you have gmail, just add in fullstops in the email to give you lots of other 'alternative' email addresses. Eg joebloggs@gmail.com, joe.bloggs, j.oebloggs etc

Thank you for this...

Having read this, I just checked my bank history and I got stung for £79 when I tried the trial, it was also up for auto renewal on the 20th of this month.

Got on to amazon through chat and they are processing the refund as I didnt use it at all. It defaults to auto renewal and I dont ever remember seeing options to cancel or notification which I am sure is there but fairly discreet. Wasn't just a request for the refund and I was on to them for a while.

As the OP says be careful.

Can I ask what the charge shows up as? Mine shows charge of 140 for Amazon Services. Have no idea what it is.

EDIT: Its grand it was taken for an item I ordered but cancelled before it was dispatched. Money was taken as soon as status went preparing for despatch. I got confirmation to say its cancelled. The amount is just reserved for them , should have it back in the nexy day or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Can I ask what the charge shows up as? Mine shows charge of 140 for Amazon Services. Have no idea what it is.

this from AIB online banking:

prime.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I have a 1 euro charge from amazon? That's really odd because I haven't changed my card details or anything.

Edit: I did. I forgot that my CVV number changed when I got a new card.

Anyone know how long Parcel Motel will take to drop it to my depot? I have the item being delivered to newtonabbey tomorrow, should I expect it tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Doge wrote: »
    Wii U - console, Premium Pack + Mario Kart 8 (preinstalled) from Amazon.ES

Current Price is €284

The Prime Reduction will take place at 9:40 am Irish Time.

You need to start the 30 Day free Prime free trial on Amazon.ES to get the offer. You can do so here:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/prime/pipeline/landing?ie=UTF8&ref_=nav_logo_prime_join

Click on "Empezar mi periodo de prueba gratis".

Don`t forget to cancel the trial within the 30 days to avoid being charged.

I think i got the time wrong for this ooops! :o

The times amazon.es show are actually Irish time, and not spannish time! So in that case it was an hour before the actual time the deal went live!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

tharmor wrote: »
    Firetv stick for 29 euros or any android box at double the price ?

The Mxq android box is only 36 euro at the moment off Gearbest and it ships from the European warehouse ,so no customs.
    Probably a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Wing126 wrote: »
    I have a 1 euro charge from amazon? That's really odd because I haven't changed my card details or anything.

Anyone know how long Parcel Motel will take to drop it to my depot? I have the item being delivered to newtonabbey tomorrow, should I expect it tomorrow night?

They are are reducing some €2 fee by 50%, I can't remember what it is, but something to do with shipping. Probably where the €1 came from.
    The Mxq android box is only 36 euro at the moment off Gearbest and it ships from the European warehouse ,so no customs.
    Probably a better bet.

Firestick, firestick, firestick.
    1,000 times, firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

which amazon is the cheapest for the fire tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

If you do sign up for a new account to get a new free trial just go to the Mange you Prime account settings and click the Do Not Renew button. I have done this for family and none of us have ever been charged after the first free month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Wing126 wrote: »

I have two €1 fees pending from Amazon one for signing up to prime trial and one for order placed.Never had that before, is this a new fee for card use or something?

Allyall wrote: »
    Firestick, firestick, firestick.
    1,000 times, firestick.

Thanks ,I wasnt sure .
    Can you connect an external hard drive to the firestick and use a Logitech K400 with it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

1TB PS4 and extra controller 399 on Amazon De.

Factory reconditioned PS4 259.

1TB PS4 and PSTV 400 as of today in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

NATLOR wrote: »
    I have two €1 fees pending from Amazon one for signing up to prime trial and one for order placed.Never had that before, is this a new fee for card use or something?

Not a fee, just an authorization charge that falls back into your account after a few days. It's just to test the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

39% off the Logitech G27 Racing wheel, pedals and shifter set:
    €202 delivered to ireland from amazon.es:

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00CJ5FP1I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Just bagged one.

Should point out its not compatible with PS4 OR Xbox consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks ,I wasnt sure .
    Can you connect an external hard drive to the firestick and use a Logitech K400 with it ?

Either one, but not both without a USB hub.
    There's not as much need for the K400 as there used to be, still very handy.

Don't get me wrong, the MXQ is a great box, and a good price, but it's Chinese. Any problems you're dealing with all sorts of cráp. The Firestick is by Amazon. Any problems you've got a warranty, and it is a lot more stable.

If you wanted to get a good priced Android box, for the price - you won't beat the X2 on gearbest for about €28. With H3 chipset and eMMC storage for a longer life expectancy.

The Firestick is currently £17 on Amazon UK
    It's €24 on most European Amazons.

And the K400 is €17.49 on Amazon Spain (With Prime deals day)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Del007 wrote: »
    which amazon is the cheapest for the fire tv?

Its only sold by UK or German site

Fire TV £59 on UK today only, need to use PM for delivery
    €69 on DE today only, need to use a German mailbox for delivery

Fire TV stick, UK, £19 today only for prime members again PM needed
    €24 on DE also prime members only and using mailbox

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Performance MX for €46 shipped, seems decent.

Here

EDIT: Only a tenner cheaper than the UK

Allyall wrote: »
    Either one, but not both without a USB hub.
    There's not as much need for the K400 as there used to be, still very handy.

Don't get me wrong, the MXQ is a great box, and a good price, but it's Chinese. Any problems you're dealing with all sorts of cráp. The Firestick is by Amazon. Any problems you've got a warranty, and it is a lot more stable.

If you wanted to get a good priced Android box, for the price - you won't beat the X2 on gearbest for about €28. With H3 chipset and eMMC storage for a longer life expectancy.

The Firestick is currently £17 on Amazon UK
    It's €24 on most European Amazons.

And the K400 is €17.49 on Amazon Spain (With Prime deals day)

Thanks Allyall,appreciate that advice.

I had an Mx2 but I gave that to my sister so I'm looking to get something like the MX2.

I'm currently using a Linx 7 connected to the tv ,and the K400 which is excellent.

The MXQ on Gearbest ships from Europe so no customs but the X2 looks good too.
    Ethernet option is handy on the Android tv boxes as the wifi range is poor in one of my tv rooms.

I'll probably end up buying both the Mxq and the Fire stick :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

When signing up to Prime trial do you need to supply a billing address in the region you are signing up for? Like parcelmotel address in NI for UK prime or will normal irish address work and just select parcelmotel for shipping?

Advertisement