Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Decorations in lidl on 2nd November. Craft advent calendars too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

matchthis wrote: »
    Decorations in lidl on 2nd November. Craft advent calendars too

I'm hoping to get the tree, but won't be getting there until 2, do you think there are enough christmas nuts around like us that'll mean they will be all gone by then? Don't want to miss out, it's a good tree for a good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Buying my first Xmas presents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I'm hoping to get the tree, but won't be getting there until 2, do you think there are enough christmas nuts around like us that'll mean they will be all gone by then? Don't want to miss out, it's a good tree for a good price

Was looking at that tree myself :) so that's two nuts at least! It would fit perfectly in my bay window where ceiling is a bit lower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Don't think you'd do better than €30 for a tree. Was looking at it and was thinking it might not be very tall though. Will grab one, it'll get used, she'll kill me, but the kids will be on my side:D

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Don't think you'd do better than €30 for a tree. Was looking at it and was thinking it might not be very tall though. Will grab one, it'll get used, she'll kill me, but the kids will be on my side:D

Yeah, I think I'll head up first thing and grab it. It's a smaller tree I want for the sitting room as the main room has 2, but I know himself will think I'm crazy so it has to be a covert operation, once it's up there nothing he can do!

Yeah, I think I'll head up first thing and grab it. It's a smaller tree I want for the sitting room as the main room has 2, but I know himself will think I'm crazy so it has to be a covert operation, once it's up there nothing he can do!

Who are you and why are you impersonating me ? :D I so could have wrote this post!!

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Who are you and why are you impersonating me ? :D I so could have wrote this post!!

Good minds think alike :) I have spare lights and decorations that wouldn't get used otherwise, it's recycling really ;)

Good minds think alike :) I have spare lights and decorations that wouldn't get used otherwise, it's recycling really ;)

Clearly it's just a waste if those items aren't used. Your really doing him a favour by making sure you get good value for money for the decorations you've already bought ! Well that's my line anyway ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This date next month my tree will be going up!!! :D

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

Omg yea! Never even thought of that ! The 27th next month is the toy show isn't it! Oh so excited :)

Loughc wrote: »

Me too! Best post I've read today :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I meant to post these more recently but I was on a trip a couple of weeks ago...and they had some very Christmassy lights up in the shopping streets in Amsterdam!

366924.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was also in Bruges and there was a Christmas Shop! It was gorgeous but very expensive so I didn't buy anything...so nice to look in the window and at what they had inside though :D

366929.jpg

366925.jpg

366926.jpg

366928.jpg

366927.jpg

AND lastly...I was in the Guinness Storehouse yesterday and they have a Christmas Shop too! Unfortunately I didn't get to have a look as we were the last to leave and the shop was closed...but the lights were still on :D

(Not sure if you can get to the shop without paying to get in for the tour, I must find out)

366930.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Jude13

Mother of god^^^

We've shut up shop for trick or treaters, so despite my husband's efforts christmas is now here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Jude13

DSC_0361_zps7ljhw4nr.jpg

DSC_0360_zpsjdbvfzrc.jpg[/URL]

DSC_0355_zpsckpvxpjx.jpg

DSC_0353_zpsgxztypli.jpg

DSC_0349_zpsqbymqhdk.jpg

DSC_0359_zpsmauzkcgz.jpg

DSC_0348_zpsumcnvtt9.jpg[/URL]

DSC_0347_zpssbrxw854.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Christmas ads all over TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Decorations going up in Stillorgan shopping centre this afternoon :-)

• Advertisement

Halloween has been vanquished from our house and the Christmas deep clean had begun. This meant I "found" a Christmas rug which was just easier to put out than leave in storage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Mince pies are back! NUm NUM Num

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I started cleaning my house today. Have the Christmas tablecloth to put on the kitchen table tomorrow after I clean the kitchen. My parents have it till on their table since last year (go them). No tree yet so decorations did not go up today

Went to blackrock and the decorations are all up, not on yet but up ☺ I was more excited that the 3 year old! Christmas music in Starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

On FB this morning :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Heard my first Christmas tunes when picking up some gifts yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I see the Heart music channel is now Heart at Christmas - watched my first of no doubt dozens viewing of I Believe In Father Christmas last night.

Also, during the advert break, saw the Lidl Christmas School ad. So officially now feeling Christmassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tesco has a sign outside advertising cranberry sauce. You know it's getting closer when stuff like that is being advertised!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Couldn't resist putting on Christmas music in the car today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

The Ilac has its lights on, Debenhams tree is up and arnotts Christmas windows are lovely. Town feels so Christmassy :)

Advertisement