Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aputernut

Walmart is putting up the tree's and setting up the Xmas area, plus we are in early Xmas mode here at our house, but then DH and I are in planning mode almost all yr. long. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just saw ice skating advertised starting early November at a shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Christmas decorations in lidl on 22nd of October :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

matchthis wrote: »
    Christmas decorations in lidl on 22nd of October :D

Oooooh exciting. I need a pile of new decorations as I'm getting a new tree this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Aputernut

Just saw ice skating advertised starting early November at a shopping centre.

The Rockefeller ice rink in NYC has been opened this week, and the huge live tree coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

The Santa clause and jingle all the way are on Netflix, didn't see them up before and a few others. It's a wonderful life came up in my top recommended! Might break out die hard 2 this weekend to subliminally get Christmas into the kids here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Still under the weather can't wait to get out and about and do some Christmas shopping it's a few weeks since I have been in the shops, I was in Boots briefly today didn't look at the stock but snatched the Christmas gift guide to look over this evening while on the sofa,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »

Currently browsing through it now with the ChristmasFM app playing in the background, all I'm missing is the Christmas Tree up and I'd be set!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Spotted in Henry Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

kitten_k wrote: »
    Spotted in Henry Street

You have a good eye. I never would of noticed it.

You have a good eye. I never would of noticed it.

FM104 put it on Facebook. Was in there today so had to go have a look.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lidl have christmas stuff - \o/ http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=627

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Lidl have christmas stuff - \o/ http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=627

I told my husband that last night, and started to say what I was going to get and then I thought. Well I do the shopping and you'll have no idea until you see it up and looking amazing so I said nothing! He's not being tight, he's just trying to rein in my Christmas obsession!

Getting those curtain lights and wireless plug thing, and probably everything else too!!!

Just put my heating on for the first time, warm and cosy now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Just put my heating on for the first time, warm and cosy now

Blimey have had mine on for last 2 or 3 weeks mind you that was mostly for hot water rather than heat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Christmas corn flakes have arrived!

GPLjM18.jpg?1

Yay! I love the vintage boxes! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My husband arrived home from work and told me that a house near us has what are probably Halloween decorations up, but apparently they look like Christmas lights. I shall investigate tomorrow evening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Once Halloween is over there are always a few houses who get the Christmas decorations up right away - sure that's only next weekend :D

I see Brown Thomas have revealed their front after having scaffolding up for the past few weeks - it is now complete with winter snowy forest images on the windows and lots of pine tree covering over the tops of all windows. I'm not describing it very well but there is a lot of greenery filled with fairy lights that will look lovely when they are turned on. The lights are up in Stephen Street and Drury St now too.

Could always do this :p:p:p:p

12108819_187081644959534_5882277583426439020_n.jpg?oh=a35fd8ea7e22d54257d388dcee607509&oe=56D3051E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I may have to steal that idea kitten_k!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Dang why did I have to see that picture. That's in my Christmas tree is going up next year as soon as the children start school complete with halloween themed decorations which I will change to Christmas themed ones in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My husband arrived home from work and told me that a house near us has what are probably Halloween decorations up, but apparently they look like Christmas lights. I shall investigate tomorrow evening.

Update: they do have some Halloween decorations up but their lights are their usual Christmas lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

It's only 2 months to Christmas eve!!!! 2 short months of just over 8 weeks, that has to be a sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Could always do this :p:p:p:p

12108819_187081644959534_5882277583426439020_n.jpg?oh=a35fd8ea7e22d54257d388dcee607509&oe=56D3051E

Ha that is brilliant.
    Fusion decorating could be a new thing.
    Fusorating (tm)(c)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My annual winter cold has arrived! Yay? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Yesterday was was the first day it was dark so early. By 5pm it was dark just like it will be on Christmas day!

Advertisement