Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My rule is once Halloween is over that is it!! Christmas has started \o/ \o/
    I am so excited!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I am so excited!

Mine too :D

Getting so close. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I am so excited!

Same, Up to Halloween there is the usual excitement that Christmas is around the corner. But once its November everyone really starts preparing for Christmas its great. (Unles your american, you have another holiday in thanksgiving :pac:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I bet even the thought of another holiday getting in the way before Christmas is upsetting Loughc! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I bet even the thought of another holiday getting in the way before Christmas is upsetting Loughc! :pac:

You've no idea. Halloween stealing attention is bad enough. I would not be thankful for something else getting in the way. Also that other holiday is trying to steal the turkey tradition haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I got Merryteasers in lidl yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I am so excited!

Same ! Christmas from January -sept and then 1st of November -December ! Halloween is a nice little break otherwise I think id spontaneously combust ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

A big sign Christmas is coming is that I just booked by Christmas flights home, 18-31 December. I will be posting from the airport awaiting the 11 hour slog home. I am humming "flying home for Christmas" at the moment and its 35 degrees outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A shop near me is advertising their half price turkeys for Christmas. I think it's a rewards club deal so that's why it's being advertised this early.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My mum just texted me a picture of a gingerbread house making kit that she bought today, along with "Christmas is coming, woohoo! It is waiting for you!" (and a string of Christmas emojis :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I saw frozen turkeys in Aldi last week. Almost tempted to get one at the weekend and have a little pre Christmas feast..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

VH1 now playing mariah carey all I want for Christmas!!!

Got my fiancée her advent calendar

156pcm1.jpg

She only really likes white chocolate ones so I have to be quick haha.

The Calendar Club shop is open on Grafton Street. Definite sign that Christmas is coming! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

leahyl wrote: »
    VH1 now playing mariah carey all I want for Christmas!!!

Best Xmas pop tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I browsed through the Christmas stuff in Carraig Donn this week. Am popping back in today to buy a mini Christmas tree, (just to add to my collection :o). It's glass, and it lights up.
    I love looking at the Christmas stuff when it's all fresh and newly stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I am seeing all the sweets deals coming up now in the shops uhhhh feeling Christmassy already this year

I have been vetoed on my plan to put stuff up in the 18 November by the OH, she said it was too early last year. That means Ill have to decorate the whole house and only get to enjoy it for two weeks till be fly back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have been vetoed on my plan to put stuff up in the 18 November by the OH, she said it was too early last year. That means Ill have to decorate the whole house and only get to enjoy it for two weeks till be fly back to Ireland.

That's not fair!

My thoughts exactly, in fairness to her I had the music and movies on from the 1st Nov. So I may compromise and have no movies or tunes till the 18th if I can decorate that day also.

• Advertisement

I read something about I'm a Celeb earlier and realised that for me it's a real sign that Christmas is coming. I remember watching it last year and thinking how sad it was that they were all missing out on the Christmas build up!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Christmas clothes are in the shops. Christmas jumpers and pj's in Pennys and red Christmas clothes for children in Next. All gorgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Got the M&S Christmas Food to Order Catalogue today. So delicious. So Christmassy. So hungry.

Apparently they've started putting up Christmas lights in Dublin city. Those in town need to go investigate immediately.

I was on O'Connell Street and Grafton Street today and didn't notice anything unusual.
    I will investigate further tomorrow morning when it's bright and also check Henry Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Today's announcement is always a good marker of Christmas coming (Budget speech). Plus some locals are setting off fireworks near the estate where I live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I didn't see anything while i was in town today. Hopefully they go up soon, it will make the cold morning and evenings a little more enjoyable with christmas lights (And maybe light christmas music in the background).

I'd say if their not up yet, there getting the city ready to decorate. Its usually November when they start to decorate as far as i remember. Only a few more weeks away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Christmas off duty going up is always a good sign. The bad sign is a long day from 8am to 830pm Christmas day awaits me this year. It'll only slightly dampen my enthusiasm.

Christmas off duty going up is always a good sign. The bad sign is a long day from 8am to 830pm Christmas day awaits me this year. It'll only slightly dampen my enthusiasm.

Ah man. I could never imagine working Christmas Day. Feel gutted for you. Log on here we'll spend Christmas with you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Winter is finally on its way :):):):)

Advertisement