Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FF Pay League 2015-16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I see that MrMac84 is listed twice there Lemlin. Is that an error?

Teachers pet

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Here's the 92 who have paid:

Spock
    Boots234
    Hackers
    Stephenl15
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Alchemist33
    Ziegler1988
    Patmac
    internet_user
    KevIRL
    FinnHarpsBoy
    TaytoCrisps
    The inciredible pudding
    Maximo31
    Trimm Trabb
    Lefty2Guns
    BikeRacer
    OneColdHand
    Remoteboy
    Cdev
    Dearg81
    Markx
    Lassykk
    wardie101
    Mrwillbeback
    Menoscemo
    Chesty08
    Hardbreaks
    Beeduybe
    Crumbs
    Park1ife
    Tossy
    Zarquon
    MrMac84
    Easy Rod
    FrClintPower
    Bazwin
    Arnold Layne
    Wamble
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    Dice75
    Username_here
    Mcgettigan16
    Swiper the Fox
    Dahat
    Joeyjoejoe43
    Scorpion King
    grohlisagod
    skyfall256
    itsnotmyfault
    Nib
    Necronomican
    Dublinhead
    Furryhead
    Bobafett3099
    Timbel
    Greedygoblin
    Seklly
    Stiffler123
    Jaws2
    Boofsteino
    Cluray
    James123
    silversun_pickup
    AKDK
    Handofdog
    Hairy_Nipples_87
    Fizman
    Headerman
    Lucas Hood
    Iused2likebusts
    P.Walnuts
    Hype710
    Ironman76
    MrSkinny
    bkrangle
    Earthhorse
    Claw
    Nightingale
    LightningBlue
    Cypher_Sounds
    Toalken
    OwlsZat
    LuckyCharms
    Adpro
    Ironman76
    Irish Son
    Podge018
    Thunderdog
    Christal Palace

Two entries for Ironman76 there also!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    Two entries for Ironman76 there also!

Oops, looks like I may have counted him twice because I had him registered once as Simon C and then again as Simon Carroll.

Will cross reference it now.

Edit - I've now spent the past 40 minutes exporting data from my online banking account to Excel and cross checking it. There are 93 transfers of €20 or above there so 93 people have paid. That means I don't know who one is. I've pmed everyone who has joined the league but not paid so await responses. The person should be one of those people.

The prize fund is definitely €1860. There's a few people left to pay so I would be hopeful of getting the 2k.

1. Boots234
    2. Stephenl15
    3. Alchemist33
    4. FinnHarpsBoy
    5. TaytoCrisps
    6. BikeRacer
    7. OneColdHand
    8. Spock
    9. Hackers
    10. FHFC
    11. CSF
    12. Jimmii
    13. Ziegler1988
    14. KevIRL
    15. Maximo31
    16. The incredible pudding
    17. Cdev
    18. Markx
    19. internet_user
    20. Dearg81
    21. Menoscemo
    22. Mrwillbeback
    23. Remoteboy
    24. Lassykk
    25. Hardbreaks
    26. Zarquon
    27. beeduybe
    28. MrMac84
    29. FrClintPower
    30. Wamble
    31. Mike Ehrmantraut
    32. Wardie101
    33. Crumbs
    34. Dice75
    35. Swiper the Fox
    36. Joeyjoejoe43
    37. Tossy
    38. Trimm Trabb
    39. Patmac
    40. Chesty08
    41. Arnold Layne
    42. Username_here
    43. Scorpion Sting
    44. Furryhead
    45. Boba_Fett3099
    46. Necronomican
    47. Bazwin
    48. grohlisagod
    49. skyfall256
    50. Dublinhead
    51. Greedygoblin
    52. Seklly
    53. Stiffler123
    54. Mcgettigan16
    55. itsnotmyfault
    56. Jaws2
    57. Cluray
    58. Dahat
    59. Boofsteino
    60. AKDK
    61. Park1ife
    62. Easy Rod
    63. Nib
    64. Timbel
    65. silversun_pickup
    66. handofdog
    67. Hairy_Nipples_87
    68. Fizman
    69. Headerman
    70. FPL48
    71. Hype710
    72. Earthhorse
    73. james123
    74. Ironman76
    75. Lucas Hood
    76. Iused2likebusts
    77. OwlsZat
    78. P.Walnuts
    79. bkrangle
    80. MrSkinny
    81. Lefty2Guns
    82. LightningBlue
    83. Nightingale
    84. Claw
    85. Thunderdog
    86. Cypher_Sounds
    87. Christal Palace
    88. FF Pay League - please pm me if this was you.
    89. Irish Son
    90. Podge018
    91. Toalken
    92. Adpro
    93. Lucky Charms

Looks good, although 3rd prize should be €300 rather than €250 (15% of 2000 = 300).

Ninja edit done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Fair Play Lemlin, great work

First post from our runaway leader, good luck with the rest of the season.

Is that payout list finalised. I honestly think that first place should be better than 30%, in saying that I hope people don't think that I feel I've got a better chance than anyone else, it just seems a bit small when third place gets half of that. This is going to be very hard to win, possibly top few hundred in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

First post from our runaway leader, good luck with the rest of the season.

Is that payout list finalised. I honestly think that first place should be better than 30%, in saying that I hope people don't think that I feel I've got a better chance than anyone else, it just seems a bit small when third place gets half of that. This is going to be very hard to win, possibly top few hundred in the world

Just my two cents, but i think monthly prize of €20 is sufficent, at least then the cost of entering the tournement is returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Just my two cents, but i think monthly prize of €20 is sufficent, at least then the cost of entering the tournement is returned.

This

A lot of differing opinions will ensue on the prize breakdown. I think it's probably best to post up a few options and see which one gets the most thanks as the generally preffered option.

I'm happy enough with Lemlin's suggestion as it's close to my own.

Do we really want too create MORE work for lemlin? Leave the prize pool as is! Even if it goes too a vote we still won't please everyone and lemlin is working off a draft of last years prizes which was obviously a huge success!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

A lot of differing opinions will ensue on the prize breakdown. I think it's probably best to post up a few options and see which one gets the most thanks as the generally preffered option.

I'm happy enough with Lemlin's suggestion as it's close to my own.

Good suggestion.

I thought Lemlins suggestion was ok but take the points about 2nd and 3rd being high and 1st a bit low. Monthly 40 ok, 30 min. Paying top 5 about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

It was me that suggested the one Lemlin posted (I think), but I wouldn't be against this either.
    So would you put the extra €200 on the top prize or spread it?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

menoscemo wrote: »
    It was me that suggested the one Lemlin posted (I think), but I wouldn't be against this either.

I think first place should get a good chunk of it (lets say 80) and 30 extra maybe for the next 4?

menoscemo wrote: »

I would take the 200 saved from the monthly prize (20e instead of 40) and put it into the winners prize (800), the rest seems fine.

Alternatively a 50e quarterly prize might work as well.

94 entrants confirmed and identified. Prize fund of €1880 confirmed. I still think we'll get to the 2k as I've seven people who reckon they will be paying in the next week.

1. Boots234
    2. Stephenl15
    3. Alchemist33
    4. FinnHarpsBoy
    5. TaytoCrisps
    6. BikeRacer
    7. OneColdHand
    8. Spock
    9. Hackers
    10. FHFC
    11. CSF
    12. Jimmii
    13. Ziegler1988
    14. KevIRL
    15. Maximo31
    16. The incredible pudding
    17. Cdev
    18. Markx
    19. internet_user
    20. Dearg81
    21. Menoscemo
    22. Mrwillbeback
    23. Remoteboy
    24. Lassykk
    25. Hardbreaks
    26. Zarquon
    27. beeduybe
    28. MrMac84
    29. FrClintPower
    30. Wamble
    31. Mike Ehrmantraut
    32. Wardie101
    33. Crumbs
    34. Dice75
    35. Swiper the Fox
    36. Joeyjoejoe43
    37. Tossy
    38. Trimm Trabb
    39. Patmac
    40. Chesty08
    41. Arnold Layne
    42. Username_here
    43. Scorpion Sting
    44. Furryhead
    45. Boba_Fett3099
    46. Necronomican
    47. Bazwin
    48. grohlisagod
    49. skyfall256
    50. Dublinhead
    51. Greedygoblin
    52. Seklly
    53. Stiffler123
    54. Mcgettigan16
    55. itsnotmyfault
    56. Jaws2
    57. Cluray
    58. Dahat
    59. Boofsteino
    60. AKDK
    61. Park1ife
    62. Easy Rod
    63. Nib
    64. Timbel
    65. silversun_pickup
    66. handofdog
    67. Hairy_Nipples_87
    68. Fizman
    69. Headerman
    70. FPL48
    71. Hype710
    72. Earthhorse
    73. james123
    74. Ironman76
    75. Lucas Hood
    76. Iused2likebusts
    77. OwlsZat
    78. P.Walnuts
    79. bkrangle
    80. MrSkinny
    81. Lefty2Guns
    82. LightningBlue
    83. Nightingale
    84. Claw
    85. Thunderdog
    86. Cypher_Sounds
    87. Christal Palace
    88. muletide
    89. Irish Son
    90. Podge018
    91. Toalken
    92. Adpro
    93. Lucky Charms
    94. Thewools

€2000 Total.

My own feeling is that someone winning a monthly prize should at least get a profit on what they put in. It's not much of an incentive to just win back your entry amount. €30 I'd see as the minimum monthly amount. €10 profit for someone for a couple of pints!

10 x €30 Monthly Prizes = €300

Leaves €1700 (exact figure still to be confirmed) for other prizes.

The €1700 could then be split:

First - 45% - €765
    Second - 25% - €425
    Third - 15% - €255
    4th - 10% - €170
    5th - 5% - €85

If the total isn't €2000, I can just still keep to the percentages above. I know the figures are odd but the percentages is a nice way of splitting it out and allows me to do same whatever figure we have when everyone has paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Money back for winning a month I think is fine its not like it really matters who wins in a month all about the season and if you win a month it mean you're freerolling the year which is a nice spot to be in.

Here's a couple of options to throw in to the mix:

1) Top Heavy

10 x €20 for the month
    1st €850
    2nd €550
    3rd €200
    4th €150
    5th €50

2) Flat
    10 x €20 for the month
    1st €600
    2nd €450
    3rd €350
    4th €250
    5th €150
    (or 5th €100 & 6th €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

€2000 Total.

My own feeling is that someone winning a monthly prize should at least get a profit on what they put in. It's not much of an incentive to just win back your entry amount. €30 I'd see as the minimum monthly amount. €10 profit for someone for a couple of pints!

First - 45% - €765
    Second - 25% - €425
    Third - 15% - €255
    4th - 10% - €170
    5th - 5% - €85

If the total isn't €2000, I can just still keep to the percentages above. I know the figures are odd but the percentages is a nice way of splitting it out and allows me to do same whatever figure we have when everyone has paid.
    What about a cup competition? It could give some people who might be struggling a chance of a few bob. With the winner getting €80 and runner up €40.
    The prizes could be as follows
    First - €700
    Second - €400
    Third - €250
    4th - €150
    5th - €75.
    94 teams, teams 1-60 play 1st round(giving the minnows a bye), leaving 64 for round 2, 32 for round 3 etc., starting 7 weeks from the end of season. Or maybe run a separate competition?

patmac wrote: »
    What about a cup competition? It could give some people who might be struggling a chance of a few bob. With the winner getting €80 and runner up €40.
    First - €700
    Second - €400
    Third - €250
    4th - €150
    5th - €75.
    94 teams, teams 1-60 play 1st round(giving the minnows a bye), leaving 64 for round 2, 32 for round 3 etc., starting 7 weeks from the end of season. Or maybe run a separate competition?

People paid to enter a league. We can run a separate cup competition if needs be.

€2000 Total.

First - 45% - €765
    Second - 25% - €425
    Third - 15% - €255
    4th - 10% - €170
    5th - 5% - €85

I like that, the only thing I would say is that it should be a round figure for the winner, 800 in this case, that is the most important figure people will want to know about when discussing this league or encouraging people to join next year.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    First - €700
    Second - €400
    Third - €250
    4th - €150
    5th - €75.

People don't seem to want to enter cups like that as much I doubt there would be anywhere near €2k in the pot if it was a cup. There will be plenty of other cups running during the season normally is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

€2000 Total.

First - 45% - €765
    Second - 25% - €425
    Third - 15% - €255
    4th - 10% - €170
    5th - 5% - €85

That split looks great. I'd be of the opinion though that entry should be closed now though. I think that if people have had a month to pay and haven't, they're not going to unless they've had a good start, which gives them an unfair advantage. They've declared an interest already, which is grand, but most probably won't follow up on it if they start the season with two 20 point scores.

You're absolutely the boss though, and doing a great job. Just giving my two cents on one small aspect of it.

CSF wrote: »
    That split looks great. I'd be of the opinion though that entry should be closed now though. I think that if people have had a month to pay and haven't, they're not going to unless they've had a good start, which gives them an unfair advantage. They've declared an interest already, which is grand, but most probably won't follow up on it if they start the season with two 20 point scores.

You're absolutely the boss though, and doing a great job. Just giving my two cents on one small aspect of it.

Expression of entry was supposed to be closed yesterday. Anyone that transferred payment yesterday will be paid by the deadline tomorrow and should be in the game.

Im sure there are people waiting to see how they get on for gw2 before taking the plunge and this should not be allowed

I for one think the monthly €40 double your money prize is great! You may finish bottom of the league but with a €40 prize won you've covered this years entrance and next year and that'll keep lads coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Expression of entry was supposed to be closed yesterday. Anyone that transferred payment yesterday will be paid by the deadline tomorrow and should be in the game.

Im sure there are people waiting to see how they get on for gw2 before taking the plunge and this should not be allowed

Yeah, that's probably my thoughts expressed even better than I did myself.

Agreed and if its allowed this year then it will be worse next year why would anyone enter before the start if they can wait and see how the first two weeks go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

My opinion would be money back for monthly winners. The bulk of the prize fund should go to the people who have had the best season and finished top 5 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

All paid leagues that I have entered have a cut off point of payment by tomorrow 6pm, the start of GW2.

And that would be leagues not taken as seriously as this league is by it's entrants.

To be honest, these posters are people from here who post regularly. All have given valid reasons for not making payment on time e.g. out of the country, family issues etc.

Even if people wait until after GW2, these people aren't valid for the August monthly prize and I, for one, wouldn't be entering a 38 GW league because I'd done well in 2 weeks of it. There's still 36 weeks left.

I can cut it off tomorrow though if its what people want. I was just hoping to get to the elusive 2k prize fund.

• Advertisement

I guess if they are FSA regs its ok to give them a little more time.

Advertisement