Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FF Pay League 2015-16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

So who are the sharks to look out for here, who finished in the top 5 last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just paid in first time in the boards pay league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

PM sent Lemlin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fowler87 wrote: »
    PM sent Lemlin

Replied to it and ten others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Just paid in first time in the boards pay league.

Same here. Newbie takeover :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

Payment made :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Just sent a PM there. can I still enter the paid league?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

thunderdog wrote: »

Yep I would assume so! Lemlins your man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Lads yous could hardly tell me with regards joining private leagues, if I miss the deadline and join a league tomorrow evening, will my GW1 points still be counted?

Not specifically on about the Boards one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Lads yous could hardly tell me with regards joining private leagues, if I miss the deadline and join a league tomorrow evening, will my GW1 points still be counted?

Not specifically on about the Boards one!

That's how it works yeah.

• Advertisement

Nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Is there a deadline for this?

Surely we can't have a situation where people are entering after the GW has started? A good week and they'll enter, a bad one and they won't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm up for entering but away on hols at the moment so can't pay by bank transfer. If PayPal is an option I can sign up and pay straight away. Otherwise I can only pay w/c August 17th when I'm back home.

Possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nib wrote: »

Surely we can't have a situation where people are entering after the GW has started? A good week and they'll enter, a bad one and they won't bother.

Yeah id be of the opinion that 11:45 should be the deadline. There'd be lads on here id trust 100% but it wouldn't be fair to have different rules for those guys and newbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Not necessarily true. There is an option for admins to close leagues to new entries which can be enabled at any time even before the deadline. Good leagues often do that to ensure that sharks don't join after they see they are doing well. If you are in doubt you should ensure to join in case you are locked out.

There is also an option to boot individual people from leagues too. Several pay leagues im in will be doing this for members that have not paid

To the op of the question why would you wait to join? If you are waiting to see your score first a good admin would lock the league or boot you for joining late if prizes are involved

zarquon wrote: »
    Not necessarily true. There is an option for admins to close leagues to new entries which can be enabled at any time even before the deadline. Good leagues often do that to ensure that sharks don't join after they see they are doing well. If you are in doubt you should ensure to join in case you are locked out.

There is also an option to boot individual people from leagues too. Several pay leagues im in will be doing this for members that have not paid

To the op of the question why would you wait to join? If you are waiting to see your score first a good admin would lock the league or boot you for joining late if prizes are involved

But aside from that, if you're still allowed to join up until GW2 then the points will be counted?

Got the code sent onto me in work earlier but forgot to take it down and I'll not get a chance to get it now before it starts!

But aside from that, if you're still allowed to join up until GW2 then the points will be counted?

Got the code sent onto me in work earlier but forgot to take it down and I'll not get a chance to get it now before it starts!

Yeah, if you're allowed to join then your score will count. The exception to this is if the admin resets the scoring to start from gw 2

thunderdog wrote: »

Yes you can. I will reply to pms now.

Nib wrote: »

I had said the deadline to at least have expressed an interest in joining was today. If people wanted to join the league but pay next week that'd be fine IMO.

I was going to extend the entry time until next Tuesdsy/Wednesday evening to allow as many people as possible to enter to maximise the fund.

After all, even if someone has a good GW1 and enters, it's only 1 of 38 weeks. There are 37 more.

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think as long as they guarantee payment and have over say a hundred posts on boards that's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    I had said the deadline to at least have expressed an interest in joining was today. If people wanted to join the league but pay next week that'd be fine IMO.

I was going to extend the entry time until next Tuesdsy/Wednesday evening to allow as many people as possible to enter to maximise the fund.

After all, even if someone has a good GW1 and enters, it's only 1 of 38 weeks. There are 37 more.

What do people think?

That'd be fine with me. In fairness a lot of people are just getting their teams sorted now so may not get around to entering leagues. I do think the deadline should be, say, Tuesday though.

Deadline is midday Wednesday to at least have expressed an interest and pmed me re paying.

I'm sticking to that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lemlin wrote: »
    Deadline is midday Wednesday to at least have expressed an interest and pmed me re paying.

I'm sticking to that now.

Oh go on so, I'll donate to the prize fund.

Another 8 people paid last night so prize fund is up €160 to €1620. Looks like we will reach the €1800 and I'd be hopeful of reaching 2k.

I will update name list on Monday. Spreadsheet is on work computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Great work Lemlin. A free entry to the league is the very least you deserve for all the time and effort you've put into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cluray

Think it would be right to restrict entry after 11.45 cut off to those who have actually pm'd before 11.45 today. Take someone who has a massive score in wk 1, then decides to join, they are at a huge advantage to get the first monthly prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Is payment bank transfer only?

cluray wrote: »
    Think it would be right to restrict entry after 11.45 cut off to those who have actually pm'd before 11.45 today. Take someone who has a massive score in wk 1, then decides to join, they are at a huge advantage to get the first monthly prize.

At the very least anyone that has not confirmed participation by now and joins next week instead should be disqualified from the august monthly prize. It would be very unfair for some to get a massive score and then join next week in the knowledge that they are already a frontrunner for the august prize before they've even paid

magherakid wrote: »
    Is payment bank transfer only?

Payment by bank transfer or lodgement to AIB account.

Some others have paid people here by PayPal and then they have transferred me the money. I don't have a PayPal.

• Advertisement

cluray wrote: »

Entry restricted from 12.45 today (kick off of the first game) to those who have pmed or joined in previous years.

That's to be eligible for the August monthly prize.

People can still enter until midday Wednesday but won't be eligible for August prize.

Advertisement