Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Looks like the same fella alright.

Fair play to him, looks like he made a stupid mistake in college and has turned around and is making a go of a sustainable business in his local town. I dont know the lad but wish him the best of luck.

Absolutely!
    Well done to him and I hope its successful, seems to have some cool stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

McDonalds opening a new fast food joint in Mayo. Anyone know which town ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

yew_tree wrote:
    McDonalds opening a new fast food joint in Mayo. Anyone know which town ?

Got to be Ballina I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Has to there not allowed in to Westport and we allready have 1

naughto wrote:
    Has to there not allowed in to Westport and we allready have 1

They have attempted to open there in the past too

• Advertisement

A while ago I think I heard a rumor that MacDonalds was trying to buy/move into the old Dunes stores place in Westport opposite the Plaza Hotel, I do wonder if there is any hint of truth to that rumor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,372 ✭✭✭irishgeo

A while ago I think I heard a rumor that MacDonalds was trying to buy/move into the old Dunes stores place in Westport opposite the Plaza Hotel, I do wonder if there is any hint of truth to that rumor.

Right beside the the secondary school?

There would be outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

McD's applied for an outlet in the old hotel opposite the old Lidls in Ballina a couple of years ago. Got refused by Mayo CoCo for the the planning change, lot of local opposition. I suspect it is not the location that's the problem, the town traders just don't want a McD's and they are a powerful voice.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FarCanal

irishgeo wrote: »
    Right beside the the secondary school?

There would be outrage.

Could be completely unrelated but their has been work going on inside the old Westport Dunnes. Was at the traffic lights and I noticed the lights on and a few lads inside. Interesting. Hope they keep McDonald's at bay, as a Castlebar native they are a law unto themselves here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Thou

Would be as well to extend into vacant site next to the current location at this stage to help alleviate the traffic problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

TopTec wrote: »

No mention of a new outlet in that piece.

Implies increasing employees to pre pandemic levels.

seligehgit wrote:

Yes. Just more staff. It seems. The Castlebar shop must be one of the busiest

Yes. Just more staff. It seems. The Castlebar shop must be one of the busiest

The traffic problems will go away when the indoor dining opens up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

seligehgit wrote: »
    No mention of a new outlet in that piece.

Ya, it just seems like a cheap way of good PR tbh, a "we're going to hire back to previous levels" scenario but let's paint it as 800 new jobs.

PARlance wrote: »
    Ya, it just seems like a cheap way of good PR tbh, a "we're going to hire back to previous levels" scenario but let's paint it as 800 new jobs.

it's the same thing all companies do. Reannounce the same jobs over a d over again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any word on if KFC is still going to go ahead out near Harvey Norman?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Any word on if KFC is still going to go ahead out near Harvey Norman?

No stir since. Hoped they would have moved when costa was being done, that seems to be a huge success.

Went to "Pizza Max" across from the Welcome Inn at the weekend, middling would be a fair assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

KIX Vaping shop closed on Main St Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Sweet Avenue just off Main Street, next to Supermac's Castlebar has also announced they are closing. Sad to see, only recently discovered them and their cakes are lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

That's a shame. Awful time to be making a go of a business like that for the poor feckers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

And the butchers closed also in the last while? I drove up there Sunday evening and its depressing. Must be every second building closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

yop wrote: »
    And the butchers closed also in the last while? I drove up there Sunday evening and its depressing. Must be every second building closed now.

Which one? The one on Main Street? that closed in Feb 19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Macho Meals up by the old post office has been closed for the best part of 7 months now as well, the flower shop that was briefly open on Cavendish Lane has cleared everything out now, they did have a sign up saying they could not get the staff to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Xenji wrote: »
    Macho Meals up by the old post office has been closed for the best part of 7 months now as well, the flower shop that was briefly open on Cavendish Lane has cleared everything out now, they did have a sign up saying they could not get the staff to reopen.

If they pay there staff enough they will get them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

naughto wrote: »
    If they pay there staff enough they will get them

Plenty of businesses struggling to get staff, it makes very little sense for some people to work with the covid payments they've been getting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Fish shop down from the old Heatons (Sports shop now) is gone too I see.

yop wrote:

yop wrote:

For about a year. You need to come to town more Yop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

PARlance wrote: »
    Plenty of businesses struggling to get staff, it makes very little sense for some people to work with the covid payments they've been getting.

Doesnt make sense, the covid payments will be gone in a few weeks, bit crazy to turn down a job now i would think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

the_pits wrote: »
    KIX Vaping shop closed on Main St Castlebar

The 1 vape shop that actually closed for restrictions, even worse.

Advertisement