Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The EA cover curse strikes again!

I hope they don't reveal Conor as the other cover star the day before he fights Aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A Dev has given an update on the cover :pac:

Exactly why she was chosen as cover athlete for UFC 2.

As a warning to the hook spammers.

Learn from Ronda or this will happen to you too.

e6a63lD.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wonder will any Irish fighters (bar Conor) make it into the roster. Would be class see Ais Seery and Paddy in the game but I'd say only the top 10 flw and sw will make it in. Would be gas if Cathal is in it. Also i wonder if cm punk will be in it :pac:

Ea confirmed Sage won't be in it but anyone can be added in if need be

Any reason for this? I know he's only had one fight but he's a potential huge star in the UFC and arguably already is. Surely they'd want to give him the exposure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Any reason for this? I know he's only had one fight but he's a potential huge star in the UFC and arguably already is. Surely they'd want to give him the exposure

They need to do face scans which i imagine take a while to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Also it'd be very hard for them to give him a fair and realistic rating when he's such an unknown quantity. He's yet to face a decent fighter in his career, and that won't change until the new year since he has a pretty soft fight in December.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    They need to do face scans which i imagine take a while to do.

More so because he is a nobody in terms of the UFC roster, he has had one fight so far in the UFC. He is an up and coming talent for sure but considering they will limit the roster there wouldnt be a hope of him getting on to it for release ahead of established fighters who will probably miss the cut.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Also it'd be very hard for them to give him a fair and realistic rating when he's such an unknown quantity. He's yet to face a decent fighter in his career, and that won't change until the new year since he has a pretty soft fight in December.

Makes me remember, I think McGregors highest rating in the current UFC game is for submission, ahead of stand up and ground :P Which is odd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

A Dev has given an update on the cover :pac:

e6a63lD.gif

Ronda was proper sent to the shops there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Makes me remember, I think McGregors highest rating in the current UFC game is for submission, ahead of stand up and ground :P Which is odd

That was at FW, his sub is 90 his standup 89. At LW though his sub was 88 and his standup 89. Still should have been a it more of a gap or his standup slightly higher.

The stats were pretty unrealistic.
    I'm not 100% sure but i think the UFC had total control over ratings and stats.

• Advertisement

Yupp, UFC wanted full control of the stats much to the dismay of the devs. I remember one trying to put it as nice as he could that he told UFC why certain stats wouldn't work but they were adamant on what the wanted. ie. All champs to be mid to high 90's while everyone else got high 80's.

UFC made a balls of it as the belts change hands so much these days and even the tourney's we had, we had to make it that no one could pick anyone over 95 (I think that was the number, might have even been lower) as they were ridiculously overpowered.

I really hope they keep everyone around the same this time, even capping people at 92 to stop insta KO's and Subs.

Another thing about this, you could tell the Director wasn't really happy with being stuck at having either black or white shorts and nothing else. He tried to put a spin on it saying you can now choose what colour (black or white) at the start of a match like you'd choose jerseys in fifa. Gonna be a balls.

Some Game Changers (EA asked official and OS forum users to vote regular users who would know the most about the game to be brought to EA and work with devs for the sequel) have answered a couple of questions on official forum here

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10378338.page

I know there might be some bias but I know from last couple of years, these fellas have been very critical of the game and seem to know it inside out. Some great feedback, saying it doesn't feel like a sequel but actually a new series of game, it moves and feels so different (in a good way)

They said there were a lot of bugs in the first build they played and they have another big event coming up in December.

Can't wait to see it in action.

Hoooo Leeeee Shiiiiiiit

Whoever wins between Aldo and McGregor will get the cover of the game along side Ronda. EA Desperate for Conor but don't want to jinx it :pac::pac::pac:

Also......I think Conor looked more real to life in the 1st game.... Tattoos spot on though.

Haha the smart feckers have made sure there will be a champ on the cover after all! :D

Small reviews from Game Changers about the recent event they were at.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/870562/ea-sports-ufc-2-impressions-gamechangers-event-2/
    OK, so I'm back after almost a week of nothing but UFC events (UFC 2, TUF Finale, UFC 194). Here are a few quick impressions. Some of them are vague because I cant speak specifically about a few things that haven't been discussed (cant go into great depth about the striking yet):

- Roster: The roster is about final and it's the largest MMA game roster ever. There are some BIG surprises that I cant talk about yet but I think everyone will be excited about them.

- Grappling System - I've played every MMA game ever created (back to the Dreamcast days) and this is the most natural system I've seen. Past systems have always felt turn based. For example, I'm in half guard, I try to move to Side Control but you block it...now its your turn and you try to move me back into full guard.

This system feels like grappling. There are more positions, more sweeps and more escapes. Now before you flip out these moves aren't available to everyone. For example, I primarily used Welterweights when I was playing the game because that division was the only one with some of the AI fully installed and the complete move-sets implemented.

In one of my first fights I used a non- top 10 WW who is primarily a striker vs an unranked WW who is primarily a grappler. In the 2nd and 3rd rounds, the grappler was successful in taking me down by using trips in the clinch. Both times, he proceeded to keep top control for over 2 minutes. I didn't feel cheated at all because my opponent had a much better move-set and ratings on the ground than I did. This sort of thing would've happened in a real fight.

In round 3, I started sick of being held down and managed to get my opponent back into half guard. I started spamming trying to get out from under him and that worked to my detriment. He passed to full mount and submitted me with an arm-bar. That seemed perfect to me. I spammed, it cost me a ton of stamina and my opponent was able to move into a dominant position and finish me.

This never happened in UFC 1.

Bottom line: I love the new system and the devs are still working with the GC's on ways to continue to improve it. There were some small issues that I brought to the Dev's attention (AI fighters were aggressive with position advances on top but not mixing enough strikes; CPU would sometimes randomly stand up from half guard) but even with those issues the system looked great.

AI and Movesets: I have to be a bit vague here because its not fully installed but I like what I see so far. My biggest frustration with UFC 1's striking AI was everyone was a kick-boxer. EVERYONE. Guys who rarely throw kicks would throw kicks constantly.

There were only 10-15 guys who had their full AI and movesets installed but you could see a difference. I played against one boxing HW who rarely throws kicks in real life and in the game...he rarely threw any kicks. Hopefully, Skynet will talk a little about the work he's done on the AI because it deserves some attention and praise.

With that said, I've only seen a small bit of it and I'll really be able to dig into it closer to release. If its stays consistent with what I saw Wednesday, the AI will be in good shape.

Regarding move-sets, the dev team has taken a more intelligent approach. The move-sets for the most part are still works in progress but I was satisfied with the completed ones I saw. There will likely still be discussions about whether fighter X should have a spinning back fist or not. But I don't think there will be any similar to UFC 1 where HWs had Capoeira kicks and Showtime kicks.

===================================================

In-Depth grappling review - http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10386207.page
    I wrote this text after the second Game Changers event, based on my hands-on impressions a lot of "theory-crafting" I had been doing long before and also a little after the event. In the original text there were a couple of mistakes, which GPD was kind to tell me about. I've made the corrections and here is the result... This is an analysis of the meta of Full Guard (FG) and its Postured version.

So, assuming you just got to FG, either by someone's pass or a TD, neither fighter has Grapple Advantage (GA). If their stamina is similar, than their set up is pretty much tied.

One thing I'm loving about this system is that the speed of the transitions is a very important factor and the moves available in most positions offer a variety of speeds. I actually think the players will study the "frames", or something close to it. We will need to think in terms of frame traps (being able to finish your move before your opponent would finish his fastest move) and techs (winning an exchange despite using a slower move, due to some particularity). It is amazing that the franchise has achieved this for the grappling. So, thank you GPD and congratulations.

As I said, knowing who can perform the fastest move is key. In the new system, denials can be rather optional if you're tactical. Why be on the defensive when your offense can beat the opponent's (offense)?

In FG, TOP's basic moves are the passes to HG in either side and posturing up. They are all fast, specially the posture up.

Bottom's basic moves are two get ups, one down (feet on hips) and one to a side (I don't remember if it's the side of the head control or the side of the arm control). Both are slow. Many fighters shall also have submission entries, which are also kinda slow... and sweeps, which are slow, too.

So, TOP clearly has the faster moves and his moves are actually fast, kinda hard to deny, even without a set up. That means that as soon as you get to FG as the top guy, you should be offensive, try some kind of pass. It will beat ANY of your opponent's offense. So he is kinda forced to defend and have a hard time doin so... or is he? 69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif

Although having the slower moves, BOTTOM has access to special exchanges. He can win exchanges, even though his moves are slower.

This should affect the players' decision making.

If you hipout (get up) to the same side as the opponent is passing to HG (you turn to the same side as him, while your hip actually goes to the other side), you will keep the hip out for a very quick get up from HG. If your opponent fail to deny it, you win the exchange, you get the get up you wanted. However, if he is experienced and read the exchange, he can sit on the denial, deny you and end up in HG with a GA.

As the TOP guy you may wish to lure or avoid this situation, by passing to the other side, where the hipout doesn't lead to a get up, but to rubberguard. That is, of course, if the opponent doesn't have rubberguard. If he has it, then he might as well use it. Another detail is that even a guy without rubberguard can hipout to that side and make this exchange, with you. But he'd hardly do this, as the move has a very specific niche if the exchange doesn't happen: you just hipout and get back to FG, with the only benefit of sweeping the guy to the other side, by a momentum advantage, kinda like rocking a boat.

But why pass to HG as the top guy, if posturng up is faster? One reason is that posturing up is always in one direction, whereas you can pass to HG in two directions. The other reason is that although posturing up is fast, it has a bad exchange with the feet on hips get up, with similar rules to the exchange between hipout get up and HG pass.

If you posture up while the opponent is getting up, you will posture up and the animation of the get up of the actual postured up position will play out. It looks outstanding. And the TOP guy gets screwed, as his super fast move is beaten by a slow move. However, the TOP guy can still deny the get up, if he can read the motions well enough. You really gotta watch the fighters as they move and realise which exchanges are taking place.

If you're facing a BJJ guy, posturing up is particularly good, as you prolly won't need to worry much about him trying to get up... and also because posture really screws BJJ over in some other ways.

Now lets talk about FG postured up. One sure good thing to do, specially if your opponent can't armtrap you, is punching him. You can mix the height to avoid the block and mix the sides to avoid the armtrap/hip bump.

My prediction is that the cool thing to do will be striking until he blocks you... and, even though he will get some GA for blocking you, you should try to pass. As far as I know there are no sweeps against postured up opponent (unless by armtrap, which shall kinda require some stamina advantage to be viable... so you can be careful to avoid such set ups). If he try a get up, even with the little GA from blocking, it won't be faster than your pass to HG. And even if he try to pull you down to FG tight, your pass won't be much slower normally, so you can still outspeed him if you have stamina advantage or some GA left from having hitting him with a few punches.

And if for some reason all this stuff is seeming linear to you, I got some a surprise for you. Everything changes once a denial happens.

The denier gets a big time GA, something close to the opponent being gassed, in terms of how much it makes him faster, harder to deny.

Then your slow moves become fast, kinda hard to deny... and also able to exchange with the opponent's fast moves. And your fast moves become really really fast. The opponent needs to sit on them and hope to still react well enough.

From this point, I suppose you can guess the consequences. If BOTTOM deny, all his slow stuff suddenly becomes viable. And if TOP deny, all he does becomes super-hard to deny. In FG that is.

In FG postured up, BOTTOM still can't do much, except get up quickly or try to pull the guy back down, forsaking the GA in the process. I think you can really GSP people if you're careful enough and use a lot of posture. You can wreck a BJJ guy from his guard.

The very basic idea of the meta I can summarise is: (a) if you're neutral and have the best exchange options (faster moves, special exchanges or GnP that interrups moves), try them; if not, try to deny... (b) if you have a big advantage (either by GA or stamina) try anything you want, specially big moves; (c) if you have a big disadvantage, try to deny.

It's been confirmed there will be 250+ fighters on the roster. 41 LW's alive with no duplicates. Done class fellas already confirmed, looks like there will be a lot more variety to the fights.

Some of the confirmed fighters are listed below:
    Oleksiy Oliynyk
    Rustam Khabilov
    Ali Bagautinov
    Rashid Magomedov
    Albert Tumenov
    Aljamain Sterling
    Thomas Almeida
    Kailin Curran
    Al Iaquinta
    Derek Brunson
    Dennis Bermudez
    Lorenz Larkin
    Neil Magny
    Thiago Alves
    Alan Jouban
    Ben Saunders
    Oliveir Aubin-Mercier
    Gil Burns
    Yancy Medeiros
    Alex Caceres
    Justin Scoggins
    Rafael Natal
    Robert Whittaker
    Corey Anderson
    Pat Cummins
    Rampage Jackson
    Ryan Laflare
    Thiago Alves
    Edson Barbosa
    Tony Ferguson

Loving the updates Zero keep it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

41 LW's alive with no duplicates.

You've duplicated Thiago Alves :pac:

You've duplicated Thiago Alves :pac:

Good eye haha! Not my list, some guy who got to play it. Hoping we get some hidden characters like Giblert Melendez and Anderson Aldo.

Good eye haha! Not my list, some guy who got to play it. Hoping we get some hidden characters like Giblert Melendez and Anderson Aldo.

And Conor "The American" McGregor :P

• Advertisement

And Conor "The American" McGregor :P

"Fighting out of divided Ireland..."

I read an interview and a dev was asked about the reebok stuff and you could just tell how much it pained him to say there will only be black and white shorts. Hopefully Conor's green champ shorts is a turning point for some customisation.

I read an interview and a dev was asked about the reebok stuff and you could just tell how much it pained him to say there will only be black and white shorts. Hopefully Conor's green champ shorts is a turning point for some customisation.

Yup read that also.
    Its kinda ****ty but if the gameplay is good then i'm happy. Biggest impact will be on career mode.

The guy who gave the list above said he also say about 20ish Strawweights which would surely mean Ais made it onto the roster and if so then hopefully Paddy and Seery did as well. Ais has a better chance with the rankings but would be great to see them in there. Duffy surely getting a spot with the hype the UFC are trying to build for him. Would be great to have Cathal as an unlockable character for the craic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

with so many fighters can only presume they will all fight very similar.

Gamebred wrote: »
    with so many fighters can only presume they will all fight very similar.

Yupp that's a worry alright. Bad enough last time out with nearly 100 on the roster and everyone throwing the same kicks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yupp that's a worry alright. Bad enough last time out with nearly 100 on the roster and everyone throwing the same kicks.

wild capoeira kicks by wrestlers :pac:

The guy who gave the list above said he also say about 20ish Strawweights which would surely mean Ais made it onto the roster and if so then hopefully Paddy and Seery did as well. Ais has a better chance with the rankings but would be great to see them in there. Duffy surely getting a spot with the hype the UFC are trying to build for him. Would be great to have Cathal as an unlockable character for the craic.

Unlocking the GOAT should be a second platinum trophy in itself, you'd have to beat every heavyweight back-to-back with Paige VanZant to unlock him.

Looks like the release date is 21st March

Edit: this is from UFC site and the 21st is a Monday. Stupid Dana White, games don't come out on a Monday you clown shoe wearing goof.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-23-at-8.19.14-AM.png

• Advertisement

Looks like the release date is 21st March

Edit: this is from UFC site and the 21st is a Monday. Stupid Dana White, games don't come out on a Monday you clown shoe wearing goof.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-23-at-8.19.14-AM.png

That seems a bit soon?

Advertisement