Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OnePlus 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Toom3y7 wrote: »
    im 6,885 / 209,923. got guys in work to sign up. I'm happy with this.

How much did each one signing up bump you up the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm after going from 18000 to 100000. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Toom3y7 wrote: »
    im 6,885 / 209,923. got guys in work to sign up. I'm happy with this.

When I forward on my link and the lads in work click on it its just showing them my position on the list but nowhere for them to enter their email. Anybody have any idea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

emmetkenny wrote: »
    When I forward on my link and the lads in work click on it its just showing them my position on the list but nowhere for them to enter their email. Anybody have any idea ?
    Wonder if it is related to the IP address? Tell them to try in an incognito window

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Are you sure you are giving them the right link?

There are two similar:

https://oneplus.net/invites?kolid=????? - this is your referal link
    https://oneplus.net/invites?kid=????? - this shows your position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

noticed this as well make sure its "kolid" in the link and not "kid" example of mine:

https://oneplus.net/invites?kolid=FGGPE3

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Are you sure you are giving them the right link?

There are two similar:

https://oneplus.net/invites?kolid=????? - this is your referal link
    https://oneplus.net/invites?kid=????? - this shows your position

Both of those bring me to a sign up page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I've signed up today, 195,817 / 261,494

The position doesn't bother me too much as I'm not sure I'll be buying one yet. I'd like to see the full spec's and wait for a few reviews before I make a decision. I'm currently on a Nexus 4 so I could wait another while before upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Can't seem to pull get my current standing. Just comes back with "many".

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

Can't seem to pull get my current standing. Just comes back with "many".

I think the site is pretty busy atm. If you wait and try again it should update for you eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

So how many here are thinking of setting the alarm and getting up for the 3 am reveal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    So how many here are thinking of setting the alarm and getting up for the 3 am reveal ?

Is it just in VR?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

From what I read it seems only with an android device you can watch it.

You need this apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.oneplus.two.vrlaunch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

No chance I'll be geting up to see this. All the main points will be laid out when I wake up. I'm also sure they'll have the VR video up on YouTube for viewing after the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

This reservation list is a pain.

You shouldn't have to bend over to get your hands on a product. They say its for marketing and they don't spend much on marketing but they're well enough established now after selling 1.5 million phones. This referring people is ridiculous!

This reservation list is a pain.

You shouldn't have to bend over to get your hands on a product. They say its for marketing and they don't spend much on marketing but they're well enough established now after selling 1.5 million phones. This referring people is ridiculous!

The invite system also helps them control demand of the product in the early stages while stocks are low.

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    The invite system also helps them control demand of the product in the early stages while stocks are low.

"Control demand" doesn't make sense. They want the phone to be in demand, it's a popular product. They want to sell stock. They need to sell stock to get cash to pay suppliers in advance to make the phone as the cofounder Carl explained in an interview. It's reasonable to assume its going to sell in large quantities based on their previous phone, invite or no invite. They could just put the OP2s up on their site and let it sell as their doing now with the OPO, or they could have an invite system and get free marketing out of it.

The invite system is for marketing. Its an attempt to get people active on Twitter, Facebook, their forums and other social media. Telling your friends by email about the product and showing its a wanted product by asking for invites, this creates a "buzz" around the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I was around 150,000, shared the link with 4 others and got moved up to 3,742.

Edit: I also joined the main mailing list - maybe that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

You'd have to wonder how many of the 275k in the list now are just bull**** addresses people used to bump themselves up the list :pac:

J o e wrote: »
    I was around 150,000, used shared the link with 4 others and got moved up to 3,742.

Edit: I also joined the main mailing list - maybe that helped.

Wow that is some bump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Grrrr can't confirm my email address from the email. Seems their system is getting hammered.

maximoose wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder how many of the 275k in the list now are just bull**** addresses people used to bump themselves up the list :pac:

A hell of a lot I would have thought. They'll end up with a massive database of useless email addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,656 ✭✭✭✭listermint

"Control demand" doesn't make sense. They want the phone to be in demand, it's a popular product. They want to sell stock. They need to sell stock to get cash to pay suppliers in advance to make the phone as the cofounder Carl explained in an interview. It's reasonable to assume its going to sell in large quantities based on their previous phone, invite or no invite. They could just put the OP2s up on their site and let it sell as their doing now with the OPO, or they could have an invite system and get free marketing out of it.

The invite system is for marketing. Its an attempt to get people active on Twitter, Facebook, their forums and other social media. Telling your friends by email about the product and showing its a wanted product by asking for invites, this creates a "buzz" around the product.

You opened with the top bit... then completely went against what you opened with.

Surely it actually does make entire sense as essentially its what drove the ONO to be so popular and allowed them to have the cash to do the OP2.

So it makes complete sense....

Otherwise you would probably not even be in this thread.

Also OnePlus don't have deep pockets (they are selling much closer to cost price than the big players) and they are a very small player in the mobile market.

This means they don't get first choice when it comes to manufacturing. The supply of parts will be much slower for them as bigger companies like Samsung, HTC, etc... buy in bulk the SOC, flash, etc...

I'm sure it doesn't hurt with the marketing but my bet is controlling demand helps the company stay viable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Hmm not as aesthetically pleasing as the OPO to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I think it looks good, back cover looks like it is easier to remove this time. I wonder what the slide button is on the side. I was thinking it might be a lock mechanism for the back cover to come on and off, but who knows.

listermint wrote: »
    You opened with the top bit... then completely went against what you opened with.

Surely it actually does make entire sense as essentially its what drove the ONO to be so popular and allowed them to have the cash to do the OP2.

So it makes complete sense....

Otherwise you would probably not even be in this thread.

Either you're not too sharp or you obviously haven't followed the conversation.

I don't go against what I said in my post. He was implying that they control demand when stocks are low by limiting demand through the invite system. His notion of 'Controlling demand' is nonsense. You can't "control" demand (the way he's talking about it) through an invite system. The invite system doesn't 'control demand' (the way he means controlling).

There's more demand for phones than they can supply.

Eh, I already explained the marketing and why it was successful :rolleyes: and now you're repeating me? Also, the OPO was successful for a combination of reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Also, the OPO was successful for a combination of reasons.

It was very successful as it was best bang for buck, unfortunately I think they are hiring the price this time round. 1080p screen again but it may be a better quality Lcd not that I had a problem with the OPO's screen. Think of the original Nexus 7 screen, it was very dull and they had better quality screen on the gen 2 N7.

Advertisement