Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 killilea92

ah yea thats what i meant, steal for unlocking a network phone :)

Guys the link to unlock the phone is taken down, can anyone assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

killilea92 wrote: »
    Guys the link to unlock the phone is taken down, can anyone assist?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-Unlock-Codes-Worldwide-database-UK-Ireland-Portugal-etc-/291523418914?hash=item43e0265b22

Seller= smartphones.outlet

sweet thanks man, will they not email the codes no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

They'll message you the code on Ebay. It should end up in your email if you didn't change email settings on the Ebay site.

People get them at weird hours, e.g. 1am

• Advertisement

Oh thats grand, just odd saying they will post it out thought id be waiting a week.. ill get on that now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Just dropped my Ultra 6 in a very stupid way after being very careful for a month that I've had it. Please tell me I'm not the only one so I can feel better. :P

No damage, just tiny chips on 3 corners.

good case for the ultra 6? while im spending dolla bills

GvidoR wrote: »
    Just dropped my Ultra 6 in a very stupid way after being very careful for a month that I've had it. Please tell me I'm not the only one so I can feel better. :P

have you a case for it? any suggestions on a solid one?

have you a case for it? any suggestions on a solid one?

I use my phones without a case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

Dropped mine also. BUT had it in a case I got in the Vodafone shop and a screen protector. Like you I had a couple of chips out of the corners but of the case not the phone. I found myself nearly dropping it a few times in the early days as it was just so much bigger than my old phone. So I would recommend getting a case as soon as possible after buying it. The early days are when you are most likely to drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

I have ended up with this case after several cheap and not 100% compatible cases.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011LPYESG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

This one fits perfectly and all the buttons etc. are where they need to be. 100% fit for the phone. Provides great grip and isn't as bulky as it may appear.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

fdevine wrote: »
    I have ended up with this case after several cheap and not 100% compatible cases.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011LPYESG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

This one fits perfectly and all the buttons etc. are where they need to be. 100% fit for the phone. Provides great grip and isn't as bulky as it may appear.

Bit overkill maybe, I just have a tpu gel cover that I got on ebay. It fits perfect and should save it from light knocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭You Mirin?

grogi wrote: »
    32GB ~ €15
    64GB ~ €25

Reliability, data integrity, speed, warranty, after-sales.

Some for sure, especially when to be used for shooting raw.

That'd do. Where to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Mine hopped out of my pocket in the jacks on the second day I had it, best place to be for brown trouser time I suppose.

Never had a case on a phone and would rather keep it that way, had a few slippery moments with the phone (not all of them in the jacks) in the first few days, but I reckon I am used to the size now.

My main fear is that it will jump out of my pocket, was jogging up the steps into connolly and I could feel it getting worryingly close to the top of my pocket, might just try a jacket pocket with a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

You Mirin? wrote: »
    That'd do. Where to buy it?

Cheapest Ive seen was from here...

http://www.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_204281.html?wid=3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Trond wrote: »

That's not that cheap...

If you buy from here (Irish company...) you'll get it in a couple of days, rather than a month.
    https://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/microsd/64gb-adata-turbo-microsdxc-uhs1-cl10.html

theres a similar spec kingston 64gb 48mb/s for cheaper on the same site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

That's not that cheap...

If you buy from here (Irish company...) you'll get it in a couple of days, rather than a month.
    https://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/microsd/64gb-adata-turbo-microsdxc-uhs1-cl10.html

Its from the EU warehouse so postage wont take too long if people wanted go with the "bigger" name manufacturer.

The above card looks bang on as well tbf. Ive bookmarked that site. Pity their 128gb card is so expensive..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

good case for the ultra 6? while im spending dolla bills

Had this case for about a week...very happy with it so far for the price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRYSTAL-CL...-/400992878583?clk_rvr_id=903454337379&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

• Advertisement

@neacy thanks :)

dose it protect it from falls? how are you finding the phone so far?

bought it there anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

:cool:
    dose it protect it from falls? how are you finding the phone so far?

Yup its rigid but not hard. i like it so far...the screen protector isnt great but its free! took about 4 days shipping.

Phone has been great. It froze once on me and i had to hard reset but apart from that its been perfect. Decent camera, excellent battery life and good size screen for netflix and the other :cool: TV apps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

samih wrote: »
    Chiming in that this phone is great having used it for a month. I used Sony Xperia Z2 before this, handed it to my daughter, and couldn't be happier. I was worried about the camera after the Sony's 20MP unit but this 13MP does pretty much the same. It may even be slightly better at daytime which was totally surprising. I think Sony used more compression so picture quality tends to be muddy in comparison to Ultra 6.

The only two things I miss about the Sony is noise canceling headphones and water resistance. OK, this is very slightly choppier but I'm am really happy with it, and there is not much between the two. It's way better than wife's Smart prime 6 which has issues with SD card integration for example.

Ultra 6 is a great piece of kit.

I just bought an Xperia Z2 recently before learning of this phone. I spent quite a bit more than the cost of this phone for it. And it didn't come with noise-cancelling headphones, just regular earphones with a mic/button.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Occono wrote: »
    I just bought an Xperia Z2 recently before learning of this phone. I spent quite a bit more than the cost of this phone for it. And it didn't come with noise-cancelling headphones, just regular earphones with a mic/button.

Ugh.

OT warning:

Don't get me wrong, I think the Z2 is still a better phone. Just that I was very surprised that Ultra 6 is not horrible in comparison. Z2 has more grunt, especially 3D, if you like gaming etc.

If you spend a lot of time in city, bus, train, office, motorbike or airplane you should get these, I really miss mine:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-SONY-MDR-NC31EM-DIGITAL-NOISE-CANCELLING-HEADSET-BLACK-Z1-Z1-COMPACT-Z2-/111482930791?hash=item19f4e68667

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Hi lads, I just got this phone for my mother yesterday but she's on three network could someone please explain to me how I unlock it for her..

The link of first page doesn't work for the eBay site..

Is it complicated to unlock?

Thanks

No, it's very simple to unlock. Buy the code, send a message with IMEI code, country, carrier, make and model.

After you get the code, put your SIM in the phone and it will ask you for a code. Type it in and you're done.

No, it's very simple to unlock. Buy the code, send a message with IMEI code, country, carrier, make and model.

After you get the code, put your SIM in the phone and it will ask you for a code. Type it in and you're done.

hey man, it dose, its just an out of date product, look up the vendor on ebay and theres plenty there.. got mine last night and doing it when i get home! really fast and the vendor is a gent! soz cant link on boards as im a 'new' user

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

You can get unlock codes on eBay for as little as €4.
    Just search, check the reputation/feedback on the seller and go with the one you trust.
    Carefully read the instructions about what to send them.

Advertisement