Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

grogi wrote: »
    What was the issue?

It said a temporary has stopped the order being processed.
    Tried it at 8.45 this morning and again a few minutes ago and still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Techmaster wrote: »
    Smart Ultra 6 now just £99 on the UK Vodafone site.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-.../sku86605-grey

Can you edit the link in the post to read
    http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-6-ultra-payg/sku86605-grey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Sometimes my Ultra 6 screen flashes blue (only happens in Camera or Snapchat, I think it may have happened on a Facebook video once)

Flashing best visible from 0:40 forward
    (sorry for the quality, all I had was an Alcatel phone with a 2MP camera at hand)

Could it be a software issue? I have this phone for about a month and it has no issues at all and when I close all the background apps the flashing goes away. Hmmm...

Can't wait for the 5.1 update

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

GvidoR wrote: »
    Sometimes my Ultra 6 screen flashes blue (only happens in Camera or Snapchat, I think it may have happened on a Facebook video once)

Flashing best visible from 0:40 forward
    (sorry for the quality, all I had was an Alcatel phone with a 2MP camera at hand)

Could it be a software issue? I have this phone for about a month and it has no issues at all and when I close all the background apps the flashing goes away. Hmmm...

Can't wait for the 5.1 update

Is that stock camera you are running there ?

Is that stock camera you are running there ?

That's Snapchat in that video.

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    That's Snapchat in that video.

Oh right (even though I dont use it) I couldnt even get Snapchat to work on my phone it crashes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Tried to order on vodafone UK and got the same message..

"Your order has not been placed because of a temporary error. Please submit your order again. Thank you."

Anybody successfully order it?

cyborg wrote: »
    Tried to order on vodafone UK and got the same message..

"Your order has not been placed because of a temporary error. Please submit your order again. Thank you."

Anybody successfully order it?

No but can you put UK parcel Motel in the address and see if that works it? - just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Thanks but thats what I was trying as it only accepts uk addresses
    No put can you put UK parcel Motel in the address and see if that works it? - just a thought

cyborg wrote: »
    Thanks but thats what I was trying as it only accepts uk addresses

oh right - maybe a temporary glitch then on their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Need some help please. I had the phone working on 48 with no problems.now the job will pay my bill with o2.When i put the o2 sim in it wont connect.I remember we had to change some settings to get the 48 to work. Will i need to change some settings. Thanks you. P.S. The o2 sim works ok in 2 other phones i used it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

oh right - maybe a temporary glitch then on their website

Don't think so...

They probably check if this is PM shipping address. Because it would not bring any additional revenue, it wasn't justified to write custom error handling for it. Thus a generic catch-all-errors message is displayed...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Don't think so...

They probably check if this is PM shipping address. Because it would not bring any additional revenue, it wasn't justified to write custom error handling for it. Thus a generic catch-all-errors message is displayed...

I have a vague memory of trying to order something (MiFi) from them before, but giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

clickhere wrote: »
    Need some help please. I had the phone working on 48 with no problems.now the job will pay my bill with o2.When i put the o2 sim in it wont connect.I remember we had to change some settings to get the 48 to work. Will i need to change some settings. Thanks you. P.S. The o2 sim works ok in 2 other phones i used it in.
    What networks do you see when you do a manual scan?
    If you see O2 then what happens when you try to connect to it?
    For internet access you will have to change the APN/internet settings from those for 48 to those for O2.
    I guess that these are the ones now that Three own O2?

http://community.three.ie/t5/Help-Support/Mobile-Internet-and-MMS-Settings/ta-p/519247

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just tried to connect the phone to my laptop running windows 7 fails to install driver anybody else get this ?
    Didn't use the USB lead that came with the phone would that make any difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭You Mirin?

Tempted to get this. I'm just wondering, I've a pretty crap android at the moment and there's an SD slot but I've no SD card and I want to backup and bring my WhatsApp messages/data from my current phone to this. Would it be difficult to do? Other than that is just want to also move over photos but I know that'd be easy to do.

And, how much would a decent SD card cost? Are there any differences besides storage size? Or do people also buy cards based one read/write speeds now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You Mirin? wrote: »
    Tempted to get this. I'm just wondering, I've a pretty crap android at the moment and there's an SD slot but I've no SD card and I want to backup and bring my WhatsApp messages/data from my current phone to this. Would it be difficult to do? Other than that is just want to also move over photos but I know that'd be easy to do.

And, how much would a decent SD card cost? Are there any differences besides storage size? Or do people also buy cards based one read/write speeds now too?
    Perform a backup, upload it to Dropbox or any cloud storage, then download it on the new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

How are people finding the phone?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger & buy it

And, how much would a decent SD card cost?

32GB ~ €15
    64GB ~ €25
    Are there any differences besides storage size?

Reliability, data integrity, speed, warranty, after-sales.
    Or do people also buy cards based one read/write speeds now too?

Some for sure, especially when to be used for shooting raw.

Length of this thread cannot suggest otherwise than it is not worth more than a handful of medium grain gravel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I'm tempted to pull the trigger & buy it

Ive had it a few months now and haven't had one issue. I didn't feel the need to root it or anything. I deleted or disabled the vodafone bloatware, threw in a 64 gig SD card and its been great thus far.

I believe its due to drop in price soon as well (It already has in the UK) might be worth hanging on a few more days....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is the UK instore price also 99 GBP? Could I just walk into a store and ask for one or do they require other details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Is the UK instore price also 99 GBP? Could I just walk into a store and ask for one or do they require other details?

Just walk in and pick one up, same as here. If they ask for a name or address just make one up.

Online price is the same as in-store price unless stated otherwise.

They might ask you for your name, if you are an existing Vodafone customer or do you need a SIM, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Length of this thread cannot suggest otherwise than it is not worth more than a handful of medium grain gravel.

Just to add that I have not had one issue with this phone. In the previous 3 months I had bought a HTC 620 - What a piece of crap that was. Then a Samsung Core Prime - Not a bad phone for the price but too small and then I bought this. Its a great phone, I had come from various Iphone's which I have had for the previous 4 years and its the first phone that's comparable in speed and responsiveness.

Great phone for me.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Chiming in that this phone is great having used it for a month. I used Sony Xperia Z2 before this, handed it to my daughter, and couldn't be happier. I was worried about the camera after the Sony's 20MP unit but this 13MP does pretty much the same. It may even be slightly better at daytime which was totally surprising. I think Sony used more compression so picture quality tends to be muddy in comparison to Ultra 6.

The only two things I miss about the Sony is noise canceling headphones and water resistance. OK, this is very slightly choppier but I'm am really happy with it, and there is not much between the two. It's way better than wife's Smart prime 6 which has issues with SD card integration for example.

Ultra 6 is a great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 killilea92

lovely! and when you delete the bloatware is the phone unlocked?

killilea92 wrote: »
    lovely! and when you delete the bloatware is the phone unlocked?

No, that's not how it works. You have to buy an unlock code on eBay (~€5).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

What are the bloatware programs i need to kill again?

Sorry, just started playing with it day one and never bothered.

Call+ & Message +?
    Protect?
    Smart Tips?
    Flipboard?
    Smart Flow?
    Vodafone Updates

Maybe flipboard is something, but the others are junk right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Flipboard isn't a Vodafone program and I use it all the time since google killed google reader.

Pretty much everything with a Vodafone type logo can be uninstalled.

This is a great phone for the price. I've had some minor issues but nothing I didn't see on other "flagship" phones. I find it a huge step up in performance from the Samsung S3 and Moto G (2nd Gen). This in contrast seems to have tons of power and capacity to do everything I need.

Advertisement