Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Row wrote: »

I wanted that case in plain black, but the estimated delivery of 29 Aug to 17 Sept didn't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

*follows thread*

So this has been recommended to me here..

.. so keeping an eye for it coming back into stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Basq wrote: »
    *follows thread*

So this has been recommended to me here..

.. so keeping an eye for it coming back into stock!
    also following i want one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Row wrote: »

That looks nice - I ordered similar (in pink) but Sept delivery date is a long way off (when you have a new phone and you want to use it)

I ordered this off ebay last Weds (21/07) and arrived in post yesterday (27/07)
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskh6H4Hv

Cost under €8 and it's actually okay. The phone sticks to a non-slip pad on the inside leaf (spare pad supplied see pic 5).

I was a little dubious as to the retaining power of the pad - but I gave it a good shake, rattle and roll and there was no slippage. How long this will last ?? - hopefully until the "Real McCoy" arrives in late August.
    (Sorry for the quality of the pics - but they were taken in a rush late last night)

As you can see the inner leaf has a "cut-out" for camera and flash and the Ultra 6 just fits in (camera or flash are not obstructed).
    Unfortunately there is no "cut-out" for the rear speaker, but I could cut one if really required

The phone is my Daughter's so the Panda design is "grand". There are other designs available and different universal models from different sellers which may suit those who like a plainer look:) .
    As a temporary measure - I think this is a reasonable alternative. It's cheap and cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Question to those using this phone on Tesco mobile:

Has anyone figured out how to removed the persistent data roaming notification on the lockscreen and notification bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

rizzee wrote: »
    Did anybody receive their ten pack of covers yet?

I ordered them the day I said here but still no sign. Hopefully i'll have them by the end of the week because they were marked as dispatched quite promptly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

polaris68 wrote: »
    Question to those using this phone on Tesco mobile:

Has anyone figured out how to removed the persistent data roaming notification on the lockscreen and notification bar?
    That's an Android issue opposed to network. I'm on 3 and get that too all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

robman60 wrote: »
    I ordered them the day I said here but still no sign. Hopefully i'll have them by the end of the week because they were marked as dispatched quite promptly.

What is your delivery date down as do you mind me asking?

Keano wrote: »
    That's an Android issue opposed to network. I'm on 3 and get that too all the time

I know that as a MVNO, Tesco mobile is effectively "roaming" on the O2/Three network which is triggering this roaming notification on the phone. Be nice to get rid of this but there doesn't appear to be any setting on this phone.

If you're with Three you shouldn't be getting this notification as they have their own network.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Keano wrote: »

Possibly but I've been on 48 for a while with a number of phones and it's the first time I've see that stick in the notification panel.

You can download custom notification bars from the play store.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Other family members have a Nexus 5 (with lollipop) and a HTC M8 on Tesco mobile without this issue, so it's something to do with this particular phone or maybe a vodafone setting or bloatware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I didn't have the issue on my moto g which was unlocked albeit from tesco uk network

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know of any stock of these around? Will they come back any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Any other places online to get this from for a similar price?

I asked in my local Vodafone shop and they told me they're not restocking it until late August. The website doesn't seem to be re-stocking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I asked in my local Vodafone shop and they told me they're not restocking it until late August. The website doesn't seem to be re-stocking either.

You could get it from Vodafone UK and get it shipped to Parcel Motel.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-6-ultra-payg/sku86605-grey

Someone asked a while ago in the VF forums and they said it would be in certain stores (listed). It was a week or two ago though, so ask again maybe they'll have it in the next VF store closest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anybody who had the snapchat issue - it's resolved for me with the app update.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

They had 'em in Maynooth last week. Call 01-6292007.

Someone asked a while ago in the VF forums and they said it would be in certain stores (listed). It was a week or two ago though, so ask again maybe they'll have it in the next VF store closest to you.

Currently there seems to be a general shortage of these phones
    But seems to be available on Vodafone UK
    http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/cart/cart.jsp?&tma=pkgr&_requestid=49169
    Parcel Motel Post Code is BT36 4PE

another site I found: http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-unlocked-2253018
    I'm not too sure how this site works - so could not comment:confused:

Page 32 of this tread has a post from "cisco92" - who has a "spare" phone on order (post is 4 days old now, might be gone)

Danny2580 wrote: »
    They had 'em in Maynooth last week. Call 01-6292007.

Got mine there last week (only one left) - none this week -
    Hopefully on Thursday or next Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Delivery days for VF shops are Tuesday and Thursdays so it's best to try those days. You can also buy from Vodafone UK and get it sent to a Parcel Motel address.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Pov06 wrote: »
    Delivery days for VF shops are Tuesday and Thursdays so it's best to try those days. You can also buy from Vodafone UK and get it sent to a Parcel Motel address.

I'm considering using Parcel Motel, but the billing address must match my payment card. Is there anyway around this, like a 3V voucher, or do I have to go through the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Zebbedee

Not by code. If you had done it via software then maybe.

They told me that if I entered the unlock code it would void warranty.
    I hope they're ill informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Zebbedee wrote: »

He was talking BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I'm considering using Parcel Motel, but the billing address must match my payment card. Is there anyway around this, like a 3V voucher, or do I have to go through the bank?

Try using the parcel motel Belfast address as your billing/card address.

Zebbedee wrote: »

I was told that too. Sounds like they're chancing it (told to say that) though, also I wouldn't take shop employees very seriously when it comes to consumer legislation. The ones Ive dealt with are :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Im trying to use the Sky Go App but am getting the message "SkyGo desnt support Miracast" Any ideas anyone ??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Im trying to use the Sky Go App but am getting the message "SkyGo desnt support Miracast" Any ideas anyone ??

thanks

Turn off Miracast....?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Turn off Miracast....?

How ? I can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Anyone having trouble getting Linux Mint to recognise the Ultra 6 as a storage device? It's charging but not recognised as storage...

I never have a problem with Linux Mint recognising my android device.
    I use Cinnamon on a Acer Aspire, XFCE on a Dell pc and LMDE on a macbook pro, and never have a problem with android devices be they HTC, Motorola or Samsung.

If you're device is being recognised as a storage device - on your phone, open Settings, 3-dot menu in top right, then USB computer connection, and make sure it's on MTP.

Advertisement