Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cheap-ish phone with good battery & large screen (maybe €200 - €250)

Options
  • 28-07-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭

My 14 year old nephew has a Xperia E (I think) but wants to pick up a new phone primarily for gaming and videos I would imagine more than calls and text (kids, eh?!).

But probably something ideally with a 5" - 5.5" screen and a solid battery.. he was thinking a 5c but it's crazy money for a him - especially if just primarily gaming and videos.

He already has a tablet to be honest (which would be ideal for this) but for some reason, he'd like a new phone.

I'd recommend my current phone (OnePlus One) but stock levels for it still seem to be a little patchy - and he's probably willing to pay €200 - €250 at a push.

I used to be the person to recommend phones.. but not so much an active phone buying so any recommendations here would be appreciated. He's on 3 Prepay if that helps (i.e if they're any in their store worth recommending!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I have the Vodafone smart ultra 6 the last 3 weeks and it's fantastic. At 170 Euro in Vodafone (costs about a fiver for unlock code online if needed) you get a 5.5 inch octacore 2gb ram, 16gb built in, 13mpxl camera, 5mpxl front camera, SD card slot ,BT, WIFI, 4G and a 3000mah battery(i get Just under 2 days with heavy usage.

Excellent value for money I'd highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sounds superb rizzee. I'll send that recommendation his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

rizzee wrote: »
    I have the Vodafone smart ultra 6 the last 3 weeks and it's fantastic. At 170 Euro in Vodafone (costs about a fiver for unlock code online if needed) you get a 5.5 inch octacore 2gb ram, 16gb built in, 13mpxl camera, 5mpxl front camera, SD card slot ,BT, WIFI, 4G and a 3000mah battery(i get Just under 2 days with heavy usage.

Excellent value for money I'd highly recommend.

**** ya

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ha - cheers lads!

Doesn't seem to be in stock on site at minute... does it often replenish or would it be available in-store?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-pay-as-you-go-anthracite

EDIT: Never mind, just found this thread so will keep an eye on it. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

No problem. If he has any questions I'd be happy to answer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement