Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Cover just came from AliExpress. Only took 2 weeks, not bad. Ordered for ZTE, it doesn't fit. Volume buttons are located higher and the flash at the back is covered (although that could be just my cover)

NEED to get one that fits this phone specifically. For now I cut a tiny slit down for the volume/lock button and is grand. Flash at back is still covered. Will do til I buy a cover when some people here get their packs of ten!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi All,
    Needed a replacement phone for Daughter (just started work for next 8 months on internship). She had a hand-me-down HTC One X.
    Had settled for A ZTE Blade X6 plus on Adverts @ 250, but seen Argos had similar at €225.
    Then I found this tread on Boards - Thanks Heavens for Boards.ie - so I picked one up just now (they only had one delivered today)
    Questions
    Best Plan - She is currently on Meteor, but no qualms about moving to VF. What would folks recommend as best Sim only, or Pay as you go plan (mix of mobile calls, text & Data) about €20 a month
    Cover/Case - Is the ZTE S6 plus the exact same dimensions or would we be betted getting a specific Smart Ultra 6 case on ebay. The HCT One X, took a good few knocks (floor is well dented)
    Unlocking - any issues to be careful on? Might stick with VF, but like to have the freedom of choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Anybody rooted this yet?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Needed a replacement phone for Daughter (just started work for next 8 months on internship). She had a hand-me-down HTC One X.
    Had settled for A ZTE Blade X6 plus on Adverts @ 250, but seen Argos had similar at €225.
    Then I found this tread on Boards - Thanks Heavens for Boards.ie - so I picked one up just now (they only had one delivered today)
    Questions
    Best Plan - She is currently on Meteor, but no qualms about moving to VF. What would folks recommend as best Sim only, or Pay as you go plan (mix of mobile calls, text & Data) about €20 a month
    Cover/Case - Is the ZTE S6 plus the exact same dimensions or would we be betted getting a specific Smart Ultra 6 case on ebay. The HCT One X, took a good few knocks (floor is well dented)
    Unlocking - any issues to be careful on? Might stick with VF, but like to have the freedom of choice

Just unlock it as per the first post in this thread.

Then you can see what's the best plan to be on. I'd bet it wont be on VF though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Hi All,

Vodafone are bad value for their pay as you go plans. 48months.ie seem to be the best value at the moment. €10 per month for 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB data. Or €20 per month for 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 8GB data. The main downsides are that they don't do 3G or international roaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Anybody rooted this yet?

There is a thread over on XDA ,Kingroot seems to be the way to go

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-t3143952

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any reason why I can't see my different tabs in chrome?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

sugarman wrote: »
    Square button

Can't see any square button sugarman

I see the square but that just brings up all the recent apps, I just want to switch tabs!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Can't see any square button sugarman

I see the square but that just brings up all the recent apps, I just want to switch tabs!

Chrome settings, turn off merge apps and tabs

Chrome settings, turn off merge apps and tabs

Bingo

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

Hi All,
    Questions

3 pay as you go, €20 per month, unlimited data (on 4g!) and free weekends, if she's like most teenagers shes going to be data heavy, Facebook/WhatsApp/Snapchat and browsing....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

For anyone interested,

I found on back of phone that its made by ZTE. Not suprised.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
    Am I picking this up correctly 48months.ie don't do 3G & 4G (or is it just 4G they don't have)

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
    Am I picking this up correctly 48months.ie don't do 3G & 4G (or is it just 4G they don't have)

Do 3G don't do 4G

Probably the best value for money network in Ireland. 360 minutes unlimited texts and 1 GB for a tenner....no brainer imo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Covers:
    For now I have gone with
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Stand-Flip-Folio-Card-Wallet-Leather-Cover-Case-For-Various-Vodafone-Smart-Phone-/281730089488?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item41986c0210

This is a temporary option (until VF, Ebay & Amazon come up with more choices in August - hopefully) Although I'm not certain how the sticky pad will work? - will it just fall out?
    Also ordered screen protectors form Germany.

Might just hit one of those stands in L.Valley or Blanch and see will an Iphone 6 5.5 silicon/gel case do the trick for now (I can see it hitting the floor already - Jesas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

1500ma charger?

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Picked one up at Vodafone here today. Unlock was quick and fine via the link on the page one.

I'm trying to remove the boot animation though. I've navigated to the file system but its not deleting. Looks like its read only perhaps? How do I get around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

The phone must be rooted in order to modify any system related thing. Once you have permission, don't forget to mount read/write. Then you can work away...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Anyone else find the phone running hot behind the vodafone logo on back?

Anyone else find the phone running hot behind the vodafone logo on back?

Only when I'm charging it

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Anyone on 48 able to get rid of the 48 and the R in the notification panel?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Galway K9 wrote:
    I found on back of phone that its made by ZTE. Not suprised.

Yes there's already been a lot of discussion about this.. It's almost identical to the ZTE Blade S6 plus

Only difference is that some of the buttons are in a slightly different position.. Which I found out when my case arrived had to cut holes for the home button & flash... Also the tempered glass screen is slightly off but only a bit & way better than nothing!

I'm waiting for the 10 pack of (hopefully) right cases to arrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Only when I'm charging it
    Ye I noticed that at first as well and wasn't bothered but noticed it was getting hot after watching some youtube and some browsing not sure if its anything to be concerned about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I am not allowed to delete the boot logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Galway K9 wrote: »
    I am not allowed to delete the boot logo.

Read a few posts up and the magic will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Got one yesterday in local Vodafone store.
    Phone is great, looks solid, screen is of very good quality.
    Before I had nearly 3 year old Samsung Galaxy Core (4.3")

I'm encountering 3 issues though.
    1. In Tesco mobile network on top or R letter by network signal icon, there is a notification which is always on and visible informing me that roaming data is on (or off). In Samsung you could easily disable it. Here I can't find option to disable this notification. Seems very strange and I've seen few posters mentioned it before. Anyone has any solution?

2. My old phone used to show type of data connection as an icon on top bar (either E or H or H+). Nothing like that here, or I just can't find it. Pity as it's very useful for someone like me who lives in bad coverage area.

3. Installed facebook, but contacts don't sync. In Settings/Accounts, I've got many accounts including Google, WhatsApp, Skype, etc. and facebook, but facebook is only one which doesn't want to sync. It syncs no problem on my old phone. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Zebbedee

The guy in the shop 'forgot' to give me the VF sim. Probably when he asked me how much credit i wanted to buy with it and i told him none because I was going to unlock it.
    Do I need the VF sim during the unlock process?

He also told me with some glee that unlocking it would void the warranty.
    That true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Got a case today in the Vodafone store - steep enough at €25 but a nice design. Colour matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

wingnut wrote: »
    Got a case today in the Vodafone store - steep enough at €25 but a nice design. Colour matches.

Could you take a pic? Or is it the greyish flip cover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Zebbedee wrote: »
    The guy in the shop 'forgot' to give me the VF sim. Probably when he asked me how much credit i wanted to buy with it and i told him none because I was going to unlock it.
    Do I need the VF sim during the unlock process?

He also told me with some glee that unlocking it would void the warranty.
    That true?

Dont need the sim to unlock it, cant see how it would void the warranty.

Anyone else having problems with the keyboard? I keep hitting b instead of space, driving me mad

Advertisement