Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Hi guys , got my case today from AliExpress ,

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Simple-Case-for-ZTE-Blade-S6-lux-Q7-Hard-PC-Luxury-cell-phone-Back-Cover-Case/32316165976.html

sorry to say it does'nt fit my ultra here are some pics...

http://imgur.com/a/i9lBb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

cs5 wrote: »
    The phone is massive! It's more like a tablet than a phone. It's a great phone but will give it a miss purely on the size.

That's the only reason why I will sell it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Just home from work and greeted with this lovely new phone. Now to cut my sim down and get it unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I can't understand people buying this phone and then saying that they will get rid of it because it is too big. It is a 5.5" phone! There are plenty of 5.5" phones out there now so there really is no excuse for not realising how big it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got my cheap ass silicon iPhone 6 plus cover in the post today and fits absolutely perfect! Sure, the rubber covers the volume buttons and power button but they're still very easy to feel and press . Happy with the cheap purchase til my fitted covers arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

sweetie wrote: »
    Have you seen The Ring?

No, tons of us have used the link on the op
    :D:D:D

Good one
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just got my unlock code, happy days

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

I got one in store on Friday. It's a brilliant phone for the money, you get an awful lot for €170.

Has anyone using Vodafone managed to get rid of the network name in the notifications bar? It a bit annoying to have it taking up space there all the time.

I know lollypop has a simplified UI but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of it.

My only minor quibble so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Unlocked & loaded! Onwards & upwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

I got one in store on Friday. It's a brilliant phone for the money, you get an awful lot for €170.

Has anyone using Vodafone managed to get rid of the network name in the notifications bar? It a bit annoying to have it taking up space there all the time.

I know lollypop has a simplified UI but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of it.

My only minor quibble so far.
    There's an option to hide it in 5.1 so along as we get the 5.1 update and Vodafone don't remove it we should be able to hide it when that arrives.

• Advertisement

Jeez lads it's a huge phone, bezels are pretty big and the black bar under the screen is annoying. It's running perfectly though, cracking phone so far, not sure if it's a phone I'd fall in love with so still thinking of picking up the G3 in Argos for 200 bucks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19 207black

I'm thinking of selling my Samsung S5 and getting one of these, do people think this would be upgrading or downgrading going from S5 to the v.smart 6 ultra??

Jeez lads it's a huge phone, bezels are pretty big and the black bar under the screen is annoying. It's running perfectly though, cracking phone so far, not sure if it's a phone I'd fall in love with so still thinking of picking up the G3 in Argos for 200 bucks.

Jaysus you got my hopes up there! Looked it up and it's the G3 S and not the G3. Surely it's worse than the Ultra 6 in every aspect? 1GB ram, 8GB rom, 720p display, smaller battery, slower processor and more expensive? Not sure why you would get it, there are plenty of phones that are smaller than the Ultra 6 that are better value.

Jaysus you got my hopes up there! Looked it up and it's the G3 S and not the G3. Surely it's worse than the Ultra 6 in every aspect? 1GB ram, 8GB rom, 720p display, smaller battery, slower processor and more expensive? Not sure why you would get it, there are plenty of phones that are smaller than the Ultra 6 that are better value.

Ah you're right there.

Friend told me it was the original G3, couldn't believe it!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

GeneralC wrote:
    Got the code within minutes

Me too... Both times!!

robman60 wrote: »
    I've ordered the 10 pack of cases from eBay. Rizee and PurplePrincess will get priority choice on colours after I pick two for myself! PM me if you're interested in getting one from me and I'll message you once they arrive with the colours still available. First come, first served obviously.

Sent you a pm the other day, yeah did you get it? Let me know when you receive them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

207black wrote: »
    I'm thinking of selling my Samsung S5 and getting one of these, do people think this would be upgrading or downgrading going from S5 to the v.smart 6 ultra??

Why...what's wrong with the S5?

Nothing wrong with the S5 just battery life isn't great...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Id stick with the S5. Better phone overall.

If thats your only issue Id get one of the below
    Note. I think Mophie ship from the Netherlands for 20 USD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-7500mAh-Extended-Battery-Samsung/dp/B00KR57VMS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437438646&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+samsung+s5+battery

http://www.mophie.com/shop/samsung-devices/juice-pack-galaxy-s-5

• Advertisement

Anyone on 48 able to get rid of the 48 and the R in the notification panel?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Anyone on 48 able to get rid of the 48 and the R in the notification panel?

Same issue here on Tesco Mobile. I never had that notification on previous phones... There has to be a workaround for this issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Whats the build quality like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Have you gone down the route of checking apps and changing some of your settings?

Try this setting...
    menu > settings > wifi (switch on wifi if it's off) > menu > advanced
    Ensure that "Always allow scanning" is off (not ticked)

It could also be a battery draining app.
    Try downloading Better Battery Stats from XDA to see what's draining most.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Found a tempered glass case for it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B011S7BC2I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1437474833&sr=8-5&keywords=tempered+glass+vodafone

ANyone find better? Also is it gorilla glass on thsi phone?

djmarkus wrote: »
    None to be had anywhere it seems.

Galway have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Found a tempered glass case for it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B011S7BC2I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1437474833&sr=8-5&keywords=tempered+glass+vodafone

ANyone find better? Also is it gorilla glass on thsi phone?

They're not in stock yet ; "Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 weeks."

It's toughened glass - not Gorilla glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

It feels pretty good actually. I was really impressed. It's probably the best "bang-for-buck" phone you will find!

I charged it up, went to work in the morning, came home and the battery was at 93%!

The front looks exactly like a iPhone 3G/S with a bigger screen. Plastic and slippy, but you get used to it after a few days. A cover is a must.

• Advertisement

Just got mine. Looks incredible. Good build it seems. Looks exactly like samsung s5. Unlocking now.

Advertisement