Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Just got an email from them there inviting me to the phase 1 assessment in Dublin so they must be calling in more people.

Happy Days!

When did you do the online assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Got the same email. Had forgotten all about the Irish Rail recruitment drive to be honest. Thought that ship had long since sailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

md323 wrote: »
    When did you do the online assessments?

January!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

January!

🀣🀣
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

Just got an email from them there inviting me to the phase 1 assessment in Dublin so they must be calling in more people.

Happy Days!

What depot did you apply for?

• Advertisement

Moshman wrote: »
    What depot did you apply for?

Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A guy that applied for and interviewed in Cork a few weeks back, was offered a place on the DART training due to start this morning. Was told he could apply for a transfer but there was nothing in Cork at the moment.

They must be stuck trying to fill the DART course if they're asking people to move up to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A guy that applied for and interviewed in Cork a few weeks back, was offered a place on the DART training due to start this morning. Was told he could apply for a transfer but there was nothing in Cork at the moment.

They must be stuck trying to fill the DART course if they're asking people to move up to Dublin.

They are differently short drivers in Cork. One of the worse for cancellations.

Taking the DART course will require retraining unless you wait for electrify in Cork for maybe 10+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They are differently short drivers in Cork. One of the worse for cancellations.

Taking the DART course will require retraining unless you wait for electrify in Cork for maybe 10+ years.

I don't doubt they're short but they're just not hiring in Cork at the moment they don't have the capacity.

I'm guessing it's a budget issue or maybe other stations are getting priority for training at the moment over Cork based applications.

Can anyone who sat the Phase 1 Assessment offer any feedback?

I will be sitting the tests next month. I have read through the practice tests, but often the real tests are much more difficult.

Also, does anyone know what the next stage is for those who pass this assessment?

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 MrBumBum

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Can anyone who sat the Phase 1 Assessment offer any feedback?

I will be sitting the tests next month. I have read through the practice tests, but often the real tests are much more difficult.

Also, does anyone know what the next stage is for those who pass this assessment?

Thank you
    The next stage is similar to the online tests you did in january. The one after that has a bit more such as memory tests and concentration tests on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 C2019

Are the similar tests and memory and concentration tests not on the same day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mcginty28

prinzeugen wrote:

How long did it take them to reply after you selected a time/date slot for the assessment?

mcginty28 wrote: »
    How long did it take them to reply after you selected a time/date slot for the assessment?

Not heard anything back yet but they did say people had to reply by the 13th Nov (tomorrow) so they might be waiting until then before contacting people.

Has anyone got confirmation of upcoming testing sessions

C2019 wrote: »
    Has anyone got confirmation of upcoming testing sessions

Not yet. I said I preferred the 6th Dec but not heard anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fanningb

I haven't heard anything back either, I selected the assessment on the 9th.

Same. Selected the 6th, haven't got confirmation yet

Just got it

C2019 wrote: »
    Just got it

Anyone else? I have nothing yet. Replied to the correct email after they got it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sovereign121

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I don't doubt they're short but they're just not hiring in Cork at the moment they don't have the capacity.

I'm guessing it's a budget issue or maybe other stations are getting priority for training at the moment over Cork based applications.

They already have a class started for Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Anyone else? I have nothing yet. Replied to the correct email after they got it wrong.

What was the correct email? I tried to contact them but never received a reply. I wonder had I the incorrect email

Deedsie wrote: »
    What was the correct email? I tried to contact them but never received a reply. I wonder had I the incorrect email

I got an email saying congratulations etc please reply to this email confirming you got test documents and give your preferred test slot.

Half an hour later I got the same email again from a different email address telling me to reply to that email address not the first one.

Still nothing back from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I got an email saying congratulations etc please reply to this email confirming you got test documents and give your preferred test slot.

Half an hour later I got the same email again from a different email address telling me to reply to that email address not the first one.

Still nothing back from them!

Any chance you could post the second email address?

Just concerned they never received an email I sent them

To be honest wouldn't sweat it yet lads, they seem slow to make contact and reply, sure heard nothing for 10 months then out of the blue informed to arrange next stage dates. The fact it's a few waiting now for a reply probably means they haven't sent it yet. I'll keep yous posted if I here anything.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Any chance you could post the second email address?

Just concerned they never received an email I sent them

Sent you a PM there. Not wise to post email addresses here!

mcginty28 wrote: »
    To be honest wouldn't sweat it yet lads, they seem slow to make contact and reply, sure heard nothing for 10 months then out of the blue informed to arrange next stage dates. The fact it's a few waiting now for a reply probably means they haven't sent it yet. I'll keep yous posted if I here anything.

Some of us would love this job. That is why we keep asking what is going on and comparing contacts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Rootsblower

Some of us would love this job. That is why we keep asking what is going on and comparing contacts etc.

Can I ask as a driver why do you think you’d love the job.

Not trying to be negative or anything here am genuinely interested in what you think

prinzeugen wrote:

Yeah understand that was just trying to put you at ease, am in the same boat. Did say I'd keep you posted if heard anything , just got a reply now confirming my booking for next phase so I'd imagine you guys will hear shortly.

• Advertisement

Can I ask as a driver why do you think you’d love the job.

Not trying to be negative or anything here am genuinely interested in what you think

Its not for the money ! I wont say anymore than that as I run the risk of identifying myself should I get to the interview stage.

Got the test date confirmation email this morning.

Advertisement