Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭t8010789

Can anybody recall the letter you search for on the final wall of letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭336699

t8010789 wrote: »
    Can anybody recall the letter you search for on the final wall of letters?

T and the first letter of each line

Good luck. Give yourself a good 2 hours to complete so you can have a little break. The 30 questions section is mind-numbing. But at least it's not timed.
    (The other two sections are timed but don't take too long)

Just finished the tests.

Yeah, the 30 SJT questions were painful, I thought I’d never get to the end.
    The RAAT was grand, it’s just a verbal reasoning test and I’ve done loads of them in preparation for the Civil Service aptitude tests.
    The miniSCAAT is designed so that the majority of people won’t finish it, really checking how you deal under pressure (the time constraint).

Pretty happy with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Miniscaat was fine didnt finish the raat so not sure how it went

bizidea wrote: »
    Miniscaat was fine didnt finish the raat so not sure how it went

It doesn’t matter if you don’t finish the timed tests. What’s more important is that what you did answer was correct. Your score will be compared to a norm score anyway and the majority of people don’t finish timed tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Just finished stage two testing. After the first part of The Scaat section, I just selected random letters for part 2 and 3. Only way to get it all done as didn’t even get halfway through the first bunch of letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

You aren't meant to finish all the rows.
    You lose marks for getting things wrong in the scaat tests so part 2 and 3 are probably a lost cause.

Effects wrote: »
    You aren't meant to finish all the rows.
    You lose marks for getting things wrong in the scaat tests so part 2 and 3 are probably a lost cause.

Ah no I’m they look at it as me being fast and quick off the mark. I rarely chose quantity over quality but did this time so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Ah no I’m they look at it as me being fast and quick off the mark. I rarely chose quantity over quality but did this time so fingers crossed

you are clueless

empacher wrote: »
    you are clueless

Thats what she said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

you are clueless

Tounge in cheek , surely ?!...

you are clueless

Get a sense of humour. I’d say you’d be some crack in the mess room

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This whole thread belongs in AH. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

you are clueless
    Most likely get fast tracked into management then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

336699 wrote: »
    It doesn’t matter if you don’t finish the timed tests. What’s more important is that what you did answer was correct. Your score will be compared to a norm score anyway and the majority of people don’t finish timed tests.

Who told you this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

I wish Id sorted a mouse for that last test, would have been quicker, using the laptop touch pad didn't make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

1874 wrote: »
    I wish Id sorted a mouse for that last test, would have been quicker, using the laptop touch pad didn't make it easier.

Wouldn't worry i didn't finish any of the letter tests. Came close in the first and second though. just made sure i was consistent and accurate. Just a waiting game now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I can't find this job anywhere... Is it not advertising now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clever8619

idnkph wrote: »
    I can't find this job anywhere... Is it not advertising now?

Applications closed yesterday buddy.

https://youtu.be/v-XROuDmDL4

Off topic, but seeing as we are waiting around, some Cool video’s, POV of a trainer driver. He has some other cool videos on his channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jdelaney93

Done the stage two tests on the 03/01/19, playing the waiting game now. Anyone hear anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

Jdelaney93 wrote: »
    Done the stage two tests on the 03/01/19, playing the waiting game now. Anyone hear anything ?

Not yet, but the test only closed yesterday. I presume everyone will hear at much the same time, when they've had a chance to digest the results. At a pure guess, I'd say a week or so.
    Never know, maybe the computer can spit the results out quicker...

Who told you this?

That’s how all psychometric tests work. These tests are generally designed by occupational psychologists, I have a little experience in the field, especially analysis of results etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Not yet, but the test only closed yesterday. I presume everyone will hear at much the same time, when they've had a chance to digest the results. At a pure guess, I'd say a week or so.
    Never know, maybe the computer can spit the results out quicker...

CIE are notoriously slow at this sort of thing.

You could be waiting months , even more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

https://youtu.be/v-XROuDmDL4

Off topic, but seeing as we are waiting around, some Cool video’s, POV of a trainer driver. He has some other cool videos on his channel.

If only it were that simple! Here is a short training video from the UK.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlCaSDgvFiE

Drivers need to learn every inch of the line. Speed limits, signal numbers & what they relate to, geographical stuff (gradients, nearby locations, landmarks, bridges etc).

Then you have the ups and downs. (On the East coast route in the UK you go up to London and down to Edinburgh)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

CIE are notoriously slow at this sort of thing.

You could be waiting months , even more...

I understand the application is back open in six months time. Presumably they'll have progressed some of the initial applications by then?
    Do you mean waiting months or more for actual appointments, or this could be the wait time to hear back from the Stage 2 tests? If the latter, that would be slow by any measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clever8619

I understand the application is back open in six months time. Presumably they'll have progressed some of the initial applications by then?
    Do you mean waiting months or more for actual appointments, or this could be the wait time to hear back from the Stage 2 tests? If the latter, that would be slow by any measure.

Open again in 6 months? No chance. Applicants in this cycle in the 5 figures. It will take a long time to exhaust that panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Got an invitation to attend the training center in inchicore for next week. Have to confirm attendance before 17:00 tomorrow !

They sent many practice tests and theres quite a bit in them !

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Me too....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Brilliant lads, congrats. Im away all next week, not that i have been sent an email. I wonder if they are doing it in batches? Cant see everyone turning up together :).

Advertisement