Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deutschland 83/86/89 [SundanceTV] [**Spoilers**]

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I remember reading about this only last year: in episode 6, I think this is what Helmut Kohl was referring to in the Leipzig speech.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/18/how-a-pan-european-picnic-brought-down-the-iron-curtain-hungarians-austrians

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

89 has started on RTE 2 on Weds nights. First episode is up on the player.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I quite enjoyed this, having slowly caught up through RTE Player - only episodes 7 and 8 left there now. Some folks over on Reddit were less kind about it. I got a kick out of Schweppenstette's 'oh my God!' x3 times in the first episode, upon seeing footage of the Wall coming down. And of course, we can't forget to pass comment on Fritz's voice activation system for home appliances later on in the series, brilliant. Martin was fairly put through the wringer, I felt no pity for Valdez at all. Props to the cast, I think Tina's storyline in the apartment had me the most concerned. The montage at the end had to the whole 'those who ignore history', etc, etc, thing going on.

Now, how thick is your HVA file?

Advertisement