Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever seen an opposite-sex friend naked?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Yes. We were fûck buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Yeah had this problem 2 years ago my male roommate would get drunk and take his pants off, he only did it when his girlfriend was around and/or drunk, definitely not my cup of tea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ya a friend of both myself and my boyfriend was mid way through ridin some young one when he barged into the sitting room where me and my bf were watching a film. He was bollock naked and pleasuring himself to keep it erect and wanted my bf to give him a condom. Traumatising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

katemarch wrote: »
    back in the 70's ...

Do you need large print to be able to see the words?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

tastyt wrote: »
    There's no such thing as opposite sex friends....

There's no such thing as opposite sex friends you're attracted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

@lazybones - I graduated to joined-up writing. It's easy, you should try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I could elaborate and explain the motivations for the thread but we must retain the veneer of modesty.

Bonus thread for men: how do you feel about women who leave their breasts pressed up against you for erection-inducing amounts of time?

Don't have th issue, I have seen enough breasts but if they are just friends they are just friends, doesn't mean you get erection because you just see a pair of boobs.. thats so #fail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Asmooh wrote: »
    Don't have th issue, I have seen enough breasts but if they are just friends they are just friends, doesn't mean you get erection because you just see a pair of boobs.. thats so #fail

Is this Twitter?

JanaMay wrote: »
    So wise people of AH, who is right? Or is it a case of to each their own?

I do not think there is a right or wrong in this at all. But I can certainly not get myself into the headspace of some people with issues about nudity. I would never call them "wrong" but I simply can not get myself into the space of being bothered by - or made uncomfortable by - nudity.

Around summer time when my girlfriends are sunbathing in our garden naked my neighbour does seem to rediscover his love of telescopic star gazing - though what stars he expects to see by day in the general direction of our garden remains a mystery to me. But it does not bother me or them enough to stop doing it. The same is true for beaches and areas where it is the "done thing". And at home we and the kids are generally in some various states of undress to nudity at the best of times anyway.

As for friends of either sex it is common enough too - and when I was celebrating my personal achievement of having installed a garden jacuzzi single handedly at a fraction of the cost of having it done by professionals - I threw two opening house parties for it - one all nude and the other not - to facilitate friends who were into that and those who were not. The majority of people invited went to both. Some went to one and not the other. No questions were asked - or judgements made.

So no in general I have no issues with nudity - being nude - seeing friends nude - or having friends see my partners nude. I have no issue with those that DO either - but as I say while being perfectly fine and accepting it - I find myself incapable of getting into their head space and understanding it.

katemarch wrote: »
    @lazybones - I graduated to joined-up writing. It's easy, you should try it.
    It's on my bucket list.
    Asmooh wrote: »
    Lovely contribution. The bonus thread wasn't about "seeing" boobs, it was about a woman purposefully pressing her melons against you (well, maybe not you) and remaining in the position long enough to inspire a physical reaction. #readthethreadcorrectlyifpossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

steddyeddy wrote: »
    There's no such thing as opposite sex friends you're attracted to.

Oh there is, I'm attracted to all my opposite sex friends. I find them all attractive, because I'm shallow like that, I graduate towards people I find attractive, can't really handle being around people I don't find attractive tbh. Einstein's explanation of relativity covers it well -

“When you sit with a nice girl for two hours you think it’s only a minute, but when you sit on a hot stove for a minute you think it’s two hours. That’s relativity.”

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I do not think there is a right or wrong in this at all. But I can certainly not get myself into the headspace of some people with issues about nudity. I would never call them "wrong" but I simply can not get myself into the space of being bothered by - or made uncomfortable by - nudity.

Around summer time when my girlfriends are sunbathing in our garden naked my neighbour does seem to rediscover his love of telescopic star gazing - though what stars he expects to see by day in the general direction of our garden remains a mystery to me. But it does not bother me or them enough to stop doing it. The same is true for beaches and areas where it is the "done thing". And at home we and the kids are generally in some various states of undress to nudity at the best of times anyway.

As for friends of either sex it is common enough too - and when I was celebrating my personal achievement of having installed a garden jacuzzi single handedly at a fraction of the cost of having it done by professionals - I threw two opening house parties for it - one all nude and the other not - to facilitate friends who were into that and those who were not. The majority of people invited went to both. Some went to one and not the other. No questions were asked - or judgements made.

So no in general I have no issues with nudity - being nude - seeing friends nude - or having friends see my partners nude. I have no issue with those that DO either - but as I say while being perfectly fine and accepting it - I find myself incapable of getting into their head space and understanding it.

So ehhh, any chance of an invite?

So ehhh, any chance of an invite?

Quite a number of my house parties have people wander in and I have no idea where they came from or who they are. :) So invite yourself I guess. I rather suspect at least two of them who showed up once were boardsies who found there way there after me mentioning it on here a couple of times. But they did not out themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Quite a number of my house parties have people wander in and I have no idea where they came from or who they are. :) So invite yourself I guess. I rather suspect at least two of them who showed up once were boardsies who found there way there after me mentioning it on here a couple of times. But they did not out themselves.

Jasus. Is that not a bit dangerous? Pervs and whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

But they did not out themselves.
    Was it not obvious from my complete lack of social skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Funny how the Germans have a completely different attitude to nudity.

I'm afraid that all those years of catholic guilt and repression won't easily be cast off by Irish society.

being taught that the body is something dirty to be ashamed of for so long is a big factor in our taboos.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Jasus. Is that not a bit dangerous? Pervs and whatnot

In fairness I did not advertise the nude house party around the place that much. It was a one off. Not ALL my house parties end up with people legging it around stark naked. :)

They would probably be disappointed really though. One of the reasons people have hang ups about nudity I suspect is they over sexualise it. But as most people who show up in saunas or free body beaches looking forward to seeing nude bodies everywhere will report to you - human nudity is not actually as sexual as they showed up expecting and it gets rather mundane after awhile.

I guess one of the reasons I have no hang ups about nudity is that me and my friends when I was much much younger were also quite open about it. And the friends I have now are quite similar with me and my partners. So I never really developed this sexualisation of nudity that many people have.

So every topic that comes up on forums like this from seeing people nude - to public breast feeding - and much more which tend to have people expressing opinions rooted in that very thing - are opinions I simply can not get into the head space of. Most of the time when I disagree with people I can at least put myself in their head space and see it from their perspective - even if I disagree with it. But issues rooted in nudity - I simply find myself not able to even get into their head space.

I guess when nudity is shared with me and people I know I do not see it as sexual very much at all. I am not devoid of ANY reaction to it either - and perhaps some of my reaction to it is based in sexuality - but nudity among my friends is more of an intimacy than a sexual thing.
    osarusan wrote: »
    Was it not obvious from my complete lack of social skills?

Oi - I represent that remark :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Ever seen an opposite-sex friend naked?

Yes and we weren't friends after that. Our relationship entered a new phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Maybe they (Boards) could introduce Boardsie trunks or for that special party Boardsie Mankinis.

Could be a great money spinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Yes and we weren't friends after that. Our relationship entered a new phase.

That also happened to me only in a gay way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I saw a friend's butt. It was hairy and horrific. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yes.

Probably my closest male friend sent me a naked pic of him once but it was a side shot, still could see everything though. I don't know why he sent it to be honest, he said it was because he thought he looked good.

I lived in a crazy party house with 5 boys and when they'd get wrote off, they'd strip off. I saw too much of them one weekend. They would usually wander around in their boxers too so I'm not sure if semi naked counts.

I've had some "friends" that I used to get naked on a regular basis too. All good

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Lyaiera wrote: »

All my friends see my ass but it's great so they don't mind.

Any pimples on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I hope you told her that she should shave her butt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Fr Fluffy Bottom, we called him.

Advertisement