Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to ban swearing/smoking in parks

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Gas Jockey

Yes and this sums it all up

It also means there is no indication that vaping is not totally safe.

nothing in this world is totally safe. If you don't smoke or use e-cigarettes you shouldn't start.

The question for me is whether e-cigarettes are safer than tobacco, and if they are considered to be so, then efforts should be made to encourage people to switch. Arbitrary bans poison the debate, as it creates the suggestion that they are as dangerous as tobacco, which it appears is false.

What would be of interest is an idea of people's nicotine consumption after switching fro cigarettes to vaping. I haven't seen any data to clarify this, and I only have anecdotal evidence (very unreliable) that conspmption reduces over time. It's not important for me, as the important point is getting people off tobacco, rather than getting them off nicotine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

It would be interesting if you could quote one definitive statement from that 'study' ....... one without 'may' or 'might' or similar.

BTW there was a discussion on drugs on Primetime tonight on RTE 1 ...... now coming on to RTE 1+1.

wouldn't be interesting it would be amazing...
    as I said food for thought,
    We don't know for sure if vaping is safe or not... thats all the point was..

Advertisement