Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Leinster Senior Hurling Final: Galway v. Kilkenny ; Croke Park; 5th July @16:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭randd1

Roquentin wrote: »
    the league is a different mentality. most teams arent even in full gear. they should do away with the league and just have a championship wherein they play 12 games. we will see how good they are then

So you're saying there's a better mentality to the championship? The competition that Kilkenny actually win more? Wouldn't that actually make Kilkenny harder to beat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

kilkenny will keep on winning. A) because they have the best hurlers and B) because the whole system benefits them.

the system is too simple and not enough games.

i look at kilkenny and i say to myself, it is so easy for them to win the top prize in hurling and when cody goes they will keep on winning.

randd1 wrote: »
    So you're saying there's a better mentality to the championship? The competition that Kilkenny actually win more? Wouldn't that actually make Kilkenny harder to beat?

"One geometry cannot be more true than another; it can only be more convenient. Geometry is not true, it is advantageous." - Robert M. Pirsig

"One geometry cannot be more true than another; it can only be more convenient. Geometry is not true, it is advantageous." - Robert M. Pirsig

"Brian Cody Trophy Haul

10 AI titles
    14 Leinster Titles
    8 National League Titles
    6 Walsh Cup Titles" - Hurling Stats

If it looks easy, it's because they've made it look easy. Ask any county outside Kilkenny if it's easy to win the AI. Even at that, it isn't easy for Kilkenny, they just simply have the better tools to do the job. You think it's easy to continuously maintain that high standard? It takes years of work, training and preparation.

And Wexford, Galway, Dublin, the 5 Munster counties all pretty much have the same path as Kilkenny, so it's not like the number of games matter as Kilkenny have pretty much the same amount as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Enjoyed that game.
    It was very competitive up until the last few minutes when Kilkenny pulled away, some fantastic scores.

Kilkenny just clinical , less possession but ruthless with making scores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

As a neutral at the game today, I felt KK had it always under control. Galway got level at the start of the second half and I was hoping they would kick on from there but they became a bit rudderless. Far too many times Galway forwards ran into blind alleys with KK back waiting for them to pick them off. At one stage in the second half, the play was under the Hogan and no Galway forward had the sense to peel off and ghost over to the Cusack and look for a pass. I know its one small bit and nothing may have come of it but if banging off a wall isn't working, try something else. Whether that comes from players or management is another story.

KK were semi-showboating at stages in the second half and there's more in them. Are they beatable, yes but you need to drag them around the whole field. Hitting high balls into them isn't going to work. The Wexford model from 2006 (??) of using every inch of the pitch is the only way.

Canning's goal was a thing of beauty though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Crowd seems to have been on the smaller side - was the result too predictable? Kilkenny only a couple of games from yet another AI title..

randd1 wrote: »
    "Brian Cody Trophy Haul

10 AI titles
    14 Leinster Titles
    8 National League Titles
    6 Walsh Cup Titles" - Hurling Stats

If it looks easy, it's because they've made it look easy. Ask any county outside Kilkenny if it's easy to win the AI. Even at that, it isn't easy for Kilkenny, they just simply have the better tools to do the job. You think it's easy to continuously maintain that high standard? It takes years of work, training and preparation.

And Wexford, Galway, Dublin, the 5 Munster counties all pretty much have the same path as Kilkenny, so it's not like the number of games matter as Kilkenny have pretty much the same amount as anyone else.

wow wow wow. im just blown away by your argument

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

And get rid of the bye for KK into the semi final of Leinster or put it into the Munster hurling aswell and what bright sparks in the Gaa decided to put Kerry hurlers into Leinster? put them back in Munster where they used to be before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭threeball

If Galway were a bit more composed today the result could have been very different. Unforced first touch errors by Galway players cost them primary possession on more occasions than I could count and normally resulted in a score or attempted score at least. The clearances from the half back line were paniced and hit and hopes rather than placing a pass. Two very easily rectified things cost Galway today. I wouldnt write them off if they were to get another bite of the cherry further down the line. To me only Galway and Tipp have the tools to topple Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

STIG83 wrote: »
    And get rid of the bye for KK into the semi final of Leinster or put it into the Munster hurling aswell and what bright sparks in the Gaa decided to put Kerry hurlers into Leinster? put them back in Munster where they used to be before.

Its not a bye for KK into the Leinster semi final. Its a bye for the Leinster champs into the semi final. Last year KK were in the Leinster QF, where Dublin had the bye into the SF as defending champions.

Kerry are not 'put into leinster' next year. They are in the round robin preliminary competition, if they finish in the top 2 of that competition they will advance to a Munster QF.

wow wow wow. im just blown away by your argument

Why thank you sir, glad you see it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭basillarkin

im from kilkenny

Did Cody drop you from the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

KevIRL wrote: »
    Its not a bye for KK into the Leinster semi final. Its a bye for the Leinster champs into the semi final. Last year KK were in the Leinster QF, where Dublin had the bye into the SF as defending champions.

Kerry are not 'put into leinster' next year. They are in the round robin preliminary competition, if they finish in the top 2 of that competition they will advance to a Munster QF.

Really, I thought the round robin was a Leinster governed tournament? Doesn't it make fixture making a bit awkward? Though I suppose they just make a team await Kerry and if Kerry don't get through that team gets a pass into the next round.

Did Cody drop you from the panel

Bizarrely there are some in Kilkenny who are sour over Cody's achievements. I can't be sure but I suspect its because he's from the Village and there's a certain degree of dislike of us Villagers around Kilkenny. Though I suspect those same people have enjoyed our county's success during the Cody era.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ah now come on ............i highly doubt he was talking about the leinster senior hurling championship when he came up with this theory

Very Bored wrote: »
    Bizarrely there are some in Kilkenny who are sour over Cody's achievements. I can't be sure but I suspect its because he's from the Village and there's a certain degree of dislike of us Villagers around Kilkenny. Though I suspect those same people have enjoyed our county's success during the Cody era.

himself and davey fitz are very similar in one way , although davey's behavour turns people aginst him , but that will always be the case , you wont please everyone , then again its not a popularity contest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Anybody spot the Rte man of the match?? Cant find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Michael2107

Gregk961 wrote: »

Announced on The Sunday Game tonight I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Announced on The Sunday Game tonight I think

TJ Reid ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

For KK, I would say TJ Reid, Cillian Buckley and Paul Murphy might be in the running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Thank you Joe Canning. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Nominees were Cillian Buckley, Cyril Donnellan, and TJ Reid.
    TJ won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Nominees were Cillian Buckley, Cyril Donnellan, and TJ Reid.
    TJ won it.

Reid probably deserved it but I thought Hogan should definitely be in the top 3. He would have been my 2nd choice as MOTM.

TJ Reid ?

TJ yeah.
    himself and davey fitz are very similar in one way , although davey's behavour turns people aginst him , but that will always be the case , you wont please everyone , then again its not a popularity contest

Somehow I doubt Cody cares very much about who does or doesn't like him. For him its all about trophies and All Irelands in particular. I get the feeling with Davy that he craves to be liked.

winning leinster means nothing to kilkenny.

Tell that to these lads...

1022608.jpg

Very Bored wrote: »
    TJ yeah.

Somehow I doubt Cody cares very much about who does or doesn't like him. For him its all about trophies and All Irelands in particular. I get the feeling with Davy that he craves to be liked.

yep 100% agree he loves the limelight he has even got a PR guru on board to show us how much craic it is to play for clare ;)
    however i agree with the logic because some of the stuff that was bashed around the place about him and the players at times was shameful, yeah he is not popular but he is not a criminal either

Unintentional, but still nasty.

1022518.jpg

Tell that to these lads...

1022608.jpg

well ritchie hogan i believe was over talking to RTE reporters at the time off the photo so that leaves me to believe that there is trouble in the kilkenny camp and this was there john lennon yoko ono Beatles moment .......its all down hill from here lads :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I dunno if they're over joyed about winning Leinster the way other teams might be but they certainly hate losing. I mean if they didn't care about winning the match they couldn't have produced that performance.

Advertisement