Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "If My QCA is 0.01 Do I Need to Repeat?" Summer Exam Results Thread 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

R0u wrote: »
    AWARD CLASS 1 FINAL QCA 3.39

Is this a 1.1 or a 2.1? I'm .1 off the 1.1 QCA band.

That looks like a 1.1. There's a 0.10 discretionary band so I guess they decided to award you the 1.1. Obviously I'm not the SAA, though, so don't take my word for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

The only way to know I guess is to check what written for a person that got a 1.1 without being in the discretionary band. LilRedDorcha did you say you got a 1.1. is that 1 written on your thing as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

The only way to know I guess is to check what written for a person that got a 1.1 without being in the discretionary band. LilRedDorcha did you say you got a 1.1. is that 1 written on your thing as well?

Yep, that's exactly how mine was written and I'm not in the discretionary band. It means you got the 1.1 if that's there. I've done this twice. There isn't a 1 under my undergrad one since I got a 2nd class honours. Either 2.1 or 2.2 would be written there if you got one of them. So if it says 1, you got your first.

The 2.1's are also called grade 1. But I would think they would just put 1.1, 2.1, or 2.2. I may have got my hopes up too soon. They should make it clearer for goodness sake!

If you got a 2.1, it would say 2.1 under the thing.

Yep, that's exactly how mine was written and I'm not in the discretionary band. It means you got the 1.1 if that's there. I've done this twice. There isn't a 1 under my undergrad one since I got a 2nd class honours. Either 2.1 or 2.2 would be written there if you got one of them. So if it says 1, you got your first.

Thanks! I was getting so excited and was afraid to be disappointed! That's great!:D They should make it a bit clearer though.

• Advertisement

Thanks! I was getting so excited and was afraid to be disappointed! That's great!:D They should make it a bit clearer though.

They really should! I only knew that mine was a 1st since I had last year to compare to. (I still didn't believe my QCA was high enough even though it was...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Congratulations to those of you who got what you wanted and passed :)

Sorry to hear some of you are disappointed in yourselves :(

I thought I did a lot better than I did but I passed and still got my 2.1 so that leaves me happy! Masters next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R0u

I just emailed my course director and he confirmed I got a 1.1 First Class Honours as my "QCA was in the discretion band of 0.1."

So if your Award Class is 1 it's definitely a First Class Honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Absolutely delighted with mine. Had 3 exams where I knew I did well but in my mind It could have been anything from a B3 to an A2. Came out with an A1, A2 and B1 in them so was beaming!

R0u wrote: »
    I just emailed my course director and he confirmed I got a 1.1 First Class Honours as my "QCA was in the discretion band of 0.1."

So if your Award Class is 1 it's definitely a First Class Honours.

I've emailed my course director too just to be 100% sure. I'd hate to believe I did and then to find out otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Disappointed, despite doing slightly better than I've ever done in college exams, especially with two or three results. Have basically given myself a completely unmanageable workload for fourth year, haven't a hope of bringing my QCA up by 0.26 over the next two semesters.

Yes, it has been absolutely confirmed, delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irishgal07

hey guys,
    got my results today and I would be grateful if someone could help me :( panicking so much here!!!
    1F 1D2 1C1 1C2 1C3
    QCA 1.64
    If i repeat my F and D2 will it bring me up to the 2.0 mark? and get a C3 in both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

irishgal07 wrote: »
    hey guys,
    got my results today and I would be grateful if someone could help me :( panicking so much here!!!
    1F 1D2 1C1 1C2 1C3
    QCA 1.64
    If i repeat my F and D2 will it bring me up to the 2.0 mark? and get a C3 in both

Yes. Check your emails and there is download file in it from them that will tell you what your accumulated QCA is if you do the repeat and get the max of a C3 in both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭goldencrisp62

irishgal07 wrote: »
    hey guys,
    1F 1D2 1C1 1C2 1C3
    QCA 1.64

Check your email they will have sent you a letter if it's possible to repeat or not.

Without crunching the numbers it probably should bring u over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Probably won't be appealing anything but just incase, how does it work? When's the deadline and when do you actually view the scripts? How does it work (or does it just not) if there was no exam part to your evaluation?

Advertisement