Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "If My QCA is 0.01 Do I Need to Repeat?" Summer Exam Results Thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CheyK

I know your QCA doesn't count in first year, so will it go back to zero in September or will it be carried forward as a starting point for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

CheyK wrote: »
    I know your QCA doesn't count in first year, so will it go back to zero in September or will it be carried forward as a starting point for next year?

It will stay on your transcript forever. It just won't be used when calculating your accumulative QCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

CheyK wrote: »

Its goes back to zero for cummulative QCA, and whatever you get in the Christmas exams becomes your new QCA

They're up!!!!

OMG I GOT A FIRST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

OMG I GOT A FIRST

Congrats!!

Phew, no bad results. Slightly disappointed with one (B1, thought I'd for sure gotten an A2) but pleasantly surprised with everything else. Thank god. Didn't know how I was going to face work today if I'd failed anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Can't believe it, passed everything!! Was positive I failed one exam and ended up getting a c1 in it, got my first a1 too! Goodbye UL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I am so surprised by how I did! :-D Bit disappointed with one of my B1s, thought it should have been an A, but oh well! Graduating next year with a 1.1 is back in sight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

My results are very meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

sup_dude wrote: »
    My results are very meh...

Oh no! Overall meh or just some modules? I hope your FYP went well with all the work you put in and how much you got fúcked over by your supervisor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

iLaura wrote: »
    Oh no! Overall meh or just some modules. I hope you FYP went well with all the work you put in and how much you got fúcked over by your supervisor!

Overall meh, including my FYP which was a C1 :pac: But I don't want to get it rechecked because I know it's a crap project that nobody actually liked and I know it was done wrong because I was doing what my supervisor told me to do so it's only her that could correct it... but she probably found out it was done wrong and therefore marked me down, even though it was her who told me. But sure, be grand, it's all passed, even if my QCA is a bit crappy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

3.3 QCA. My session QCA was 3.52. Damn I want the latter results.:pac: But hey, what's done is done and I should be grateful to get what I got. I'm sorry you're disappointed with your results Sup Dude. You deserved better, you had such a hard time trying to get your FYP done and sorted. Don't be so hard on yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What is the QCA band for a 1.1?

QCA band is 3.4 for a 1.1

I'm very happy with my results, but for some reason, my co-op is showing up as null for credits awarded. Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WineAndBoobies

Are the degree awards up already? I checked in the student portal and mine says award class 1, final qca 3.3.
    Dare I hope that they've given me a first?

Are the degree awards up already? I checked in the student portal and mine says award class 1, final qca 3.3.

Yeah, they were put up an hour or so ago. What department are you in? Some of them bump you automatically.

How did you check that? I can't see anything in the student portal where you can check what you got?

How did you check that? I can't see anything in the student portal where you can check what you got?

If you go to student records in the student portal, there should be a thing at the very bottom of the "My Student Reports" section that says "Check your aware summary". It's in there.

It was in student records and if you click Into 'check your award summary'

If you go to student records in the student portal, there should be a thing at the very bottom of the "My Student Reports" section that says "Check your aware summary". It's in there.

Thanks, it's taking me ages to get into my student record it's denied me access the first time. Hoping it'll log me in now. Nope just getting an error message - feck. URD ERROR? What does that mean? I don't need this right now, ugh!

• Advertisement

ah! Mine says 1 as well!? That means a 1.1 right!?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Extremely disappointed with mine tbh.

Got the obligatory NG I was expecting, but got a B2 instead of the A I was expecting and two C1's instead of B2-A2's. QCA dropped by about 0.55. Will need my FYP to bring it up by 0.42 next year to get the 2.1 now, which I'm not even sure is possible.

So yeah, sh*t buzz.

Seriously though, well done to those of you who did well. Really happy for ye, especially those of you who'll be graduating. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Extremely disappointed with mine tbh.

Got the obligatory NG I was expecting, but got a B2 instead of the A I was expecting and two C1's instead of B2-A2's. QCA dropped by about 0.55. Will need my FYP to bring it up by 0.42 next year to get the 2.1 now, which I'm not even sure is possible.

So yeah, sh*t buzz.

Seriously though, well done to those of you who did well. Really happy for ye, especially those of you who'll be graduating. :)

That sucks Wnolan, sorry. :( Don't be disheartened, that'll put you into a frame of mine you definitely don't want. You did what you did :) You'll get that 2.1!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I'm not really sure what award summary means but mine is blank, is it only 4th years who have an award summary?

Happy with my results :)

ah! Mine says 1 as well!? That means a 1.1 right!?

I'm not sure but I hope so!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

That sucks Wnolan, sorry. :( Don't be disheartened, that'll put you into a frame of mine you definitely don't want. You did what you did :) You'll get that 2.1!! :)

Danke. :)
    I'm not really sure what award summary means but mine is blank, is it only 4th years who have an award summary?

It'd be only 4th years. Can't be giving awards to firsties, they need to earn their stripes before we stop shunning them! :P

4th years and post grads in their final year! So yeah, anyone who is graduating. I think I'll actually go to my graduation now :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R0u

AWARD YEAR AWARD CLASS FINAL QCA
    2014/5 1 3.39

Is this a 1.1 or a 2.1? I'm .1 off the 1.1 QCA band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R0u

AWARD CLASS 1 FINAL QCA 3.39

Is this a 1.1 or a 2.1? I'm .1 off the 1.1 QCA band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

My QCA is 0.02 away from the discretionary band for a 1.1 :(

Then again, not good enough is not good enough.

Advertisement