Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Battleground 2015 PPV Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

lol, where did rollins and the ref go ? it just ends as a no contest ? we all read the rumours and knew what was happening but really think it could of been done better than that ending.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Meh good ending would of been better if the rumour never came out he was coming back. Big possibility this mite be building towards wrestlemania 32 and we won't see lesner or taker again til next year.

So where does this leave sting for summer slam. Is say Roman reigns will have to pick a partner for a match Vs bray Wyatt and Luke Harper and he will pick sting

Too late to be thinking theory's talk more 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

I enjoyed that PPV. Solid matches , great to see some bit of variety with regards moves.I even found The Miz entertaining! Also think I heard a Becky chant which must be a nice little moment for her personally.Good crowd, nice n loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Well that was the only reason why stayed up to watch this show.

Other than that it was fairly average show. At least they are building up Summerslam early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Not long home from the pub, think the missus, the child and the dog were rudely awaken when Taker came out....I marked out like a 10 year old

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Shows how badly they messed up Rollins when they had to do that ending and needed that match for Summerslam. Brock should have been returning at Summerslam to try and get revenge against a credible super heel Rollins. Not to slap Rollins around at a B ppv and need another part timer to set up a pointless rematch with Taker.

Add the usual Big Show crap and I wish Reigns won at Mania afterall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

What a twist, did not see that coming

It was "rumoured" on Reddit fwiw and Taker was confirmed for Summerslam in the wrestling press.

Rubbish finish but it's a b-show and the crowd were hot for it so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Ageyev wrote: »
    It was "rumoured" on Reddit fwiw and Taker was confirmed for Summerslam in the wrestling press.

Rubbish finish but it's a b-show and the crowd were hot for it so...

That is why I don't look for spoilers, don't understand why people do, for me having absolutely no idea it was coming and hearing Takers music was class, assuming if people had suspicions it would be nowhere near as good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That is why I don't look for spoilers, don't understand why people do, for me having absolutely no idea it was coming and hearing Takers music was class, assuming if people had suspicions it would be nowhere near as good

Casual fan reaction vs hardcore fan reaction
    ybZ1FoP.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they're still reacting to Owens losing clean to the ****tiest submission in wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I went to bed before the end as I have an exam this morning, and I loved waking up, glancing at my phone, and having the Cena and Lesnar matches spoiled by the f*cking app.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Few things from last night,

1) Taker looks in incredible shape.
    2) Why can't they find anything for Ambrose to do?
    3) I don't mind Owen losing but they should have done it by pinfall and not by tapout, keep some of the mystic about him.
    4) Xavier Woods is just gold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Loughc wrote: »
    Few things from last night,

1) Taker looks in incredible shape.
    2) Why can't they find anything for Ambrose to do?
    3) I don't mind Owen losing but they should have done it by pinfall and not by tapout, keep some of the mystic about him.
    4) Xavier Woods is just gold.

Yeah, I was disappointed by the lack of Ambrose.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Angron wrote: »

Fair enough if they didn't have a match for him at least send him out cut a promo, anything really, one of their hottest stars and they stop start so much on him they're going to kill all momentum he had with the fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Angron wrote: »

Cesaro too

Rusev and Summer Rae given they were on so much TV in the Battleground build.

Watch the Diva one for the ending. Owens is still gunning for the US title seemingly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wish the Taker returned hadn't been so widely spoiled, but still enjoyed the appearance.

There's not much that can be said about Cena/Owens but "lol Cena wins". I hate that it was via tap out, and after a kickout from the top rope AA, which would have been a fine way to win. And as I said in the Raw thread, there is the problem of diminishing returns; the match was good, but because it followed two stellar matches, it was hurt a bit.

Divas match was enjoyable. Felt maybe that Charlotte and Sasha didn't quite click with Brie, but it was still a big step up from the usual divas fare.

Reigns vs Wyatt was ok, nothing special. Same with the tag match.

And Orton vs Sheamus was the same thing we've seen 2 millions times.

Outside of the final 3 minutes of the show, it was largely skipable, and not a show they needed to put on while pushing their free Network month.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

If they use Lesnar's 30 months of heat to put over Taker it's an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Palo Alto wrote: »
    If they use Lesnar's 30 months of heat to put over Taker it's an absolute disgrace.

Agreed, they have built Lesnar up as an unstoppable machine who has ran over everybody in his way since he beat Undertaker, and now we're supposed to believe he's afraid of the man who he beat, on his ppv, to end the streak, and that, that man can now beat him, it makes no sense

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll hold off any worries about the feud for a while yet; even last night, Taker had to resort to a low blow to gain the upper hand on a surprised and (ever so slightly) wounded Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

A final Taker heel run would make for great viewing. Here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The app spoiling the results is unbelievably frustrating. WHy not just default opening it up on the WWE Network tab instead of the Latest news tab!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

XE8YMFl.png
    Palo Alto wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Am I the only one who thinks Taker comes across like a sore loser and just generally an arsehole by attacking Brock?

Looking at it from a storyline point of view: the chicken sh*t heel Rollins just got away with his title because the supposed babyface Taker, unhappy at losing to Brock fair and square - attacked babyface Brock who had been battling to regain the title that he lost in harsh circumstances. This makes sense WHY?

I could buy it if it means Taker winds up as the heel but I really don't think this is what's going to happen. I find it bizarre.

Maybe they think people will overlook it, because "holy sh*t, Taker is involved in a feud outside of Wrestlemania season!" or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

They've nowhere to go once Taker beats him either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

rovert wrote: »
    Casual fan reaction vs hardcore fan reaction
    ybZ1FoP.gif

Nonsense. Are you a hardcore wrestling fan if you purchase a Kevin Owens tshirt?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Am I the only one who thinks Taker comes across like a sore loser and just generally an arsehole by attacking Brock?

Looking at it from a storyline point of view: the chicken sh*t heel Rollins just got away with his title because the supposed babyface Taker, unhappy at losing to Brock fair and square - attacked babyface Brock who had been battling to regain the title that he lost in harsh circumstances. This makes sense WHY?

I could buy it if it means Taker winds up as the heel but I really don't think this is what's going to happen. I find it bizarre.

Pretty sure 'Taker is supposed to be a heel. He even hit a low blow which he never does as a babyface and his overall mannerisms made it look that way. It's a bit of a strange choice given he has to be close to retirement but maybe they felt babyface vs babyface wouldn't work. Wonder will it come out that Rollins or the Authority asked him to help out, as opposed to him just looking for revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Pretty sure 'Taker is supposed to be a heel. He even hit a low blow which he never does as a babyface and his overall mannerisms made it look that way. It's a bit of a strange choice given he has to be close to retirement but maybe they felt babyface vs babyface wouldn't work. Wonder will it come out that Rollins or the Authority asked him to help out, as opposed to him just looking for revenge.

Yea, I thought Taker was totally heelish but the fans are hardly gona boo taker if he's a heel. One of the options on the WWE.com poll is that Undertaker has been brought in by the Authority to protect Rollins. That'd be one way of doing it I guess. Either way I think he needs a bit of a gimmick change given his current appearance being closer to the American Badass than the Deadman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How would the Authority contact him?

Email to the devil? :-S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How would the Authority contact him?

Email to the devil? :-S

Kane is still his "half-brother".

Advertisement