Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Battleground 2015 PPV Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

mxph3 wrote: »
    Quite enough thread tonight. No surprise since this is only 2 match show.

I've not had enough thread yet :pac:

Opener was good, three-way was OK but I'm not not a fan of the clustershambles of various outside interference. Cool to see Becky on a WWE PPV.

Announcers didn't even call the uranage slam on the apron in Wayatt v Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Cena's level of work this year is impressive, looks like he's gone up another gear and his matches are showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Cena is putting on an amazing performance to be fair to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cena is wrestler of the year. Seriously.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Cena is wrestler of the year. Seriously.

Definitely agree with that statement. Damn nice AA as well :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Noooo

Kicks out of a top rope FU.

Taps out.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Cena still winning. Check

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Awful awful awful STF. Austin will go spare on his podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I don't care what anyone says, that match was pure tripe, the kind of stuff you'd laugh at if it occurred at your local indy show. False finishes galore, a total joke.

• Advertisement

Right on the bridge of the nose my flippin hole Cole. FFS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

C'mon, an AA from the top rope should be a match ender, a regular AA is bad enough but when you get one from the top rope it's supposed to mean something. That's poor in ring psychology if you ask me.

I don't care what anyone says, that match was pure tripe, the kind of stuff you'd laugh at if it occurred at your local indy show. False finishes galore, a total joke.
    One person that agrees with you is JR. Mentions in his podcast that he's not impressed with the amount of false finishes and the power of finishers faltering.
    I enjoyed the match but the kickout from the top rope AA was a bit silly.

Does nobody ever show Cena videos of his matches so he can see how terribly he applies that hold. Where is the pressure supposed to be applied exactly!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,123 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really hate that specific finish. STF, nearly at the ropes, lol no dragged by the ankle back into the middle, tap.

Seems far too common with Cena.

I was really.. REALLY.. Hoping for someone that wasn't the big show to come out

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 23,123 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can just imagine Wyatt and Rusev greeting Owens backstage: "Welcome to the club."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Zemuppet wrote: »
    One person that agrees with you is JR. Mentions in his podcast that he's not impressed with the amount of false finishes and the power of finishers faltering.
    I enjoyed the match but the kickout from the top rope AA was a bit silly.

Honestly I've not enjoyed their trio of matches. The reliance on false finishes, the desecration of finishers in those matches and the lack of overriding story in their matches have made all their matches practically identical and indy-rific.
    It's not just these two that are guilty of that either, lots of people will point to HBK vs Taker at Wrestlemania that started that trend in WWE. I've preferred Cena's series with Cesaro.

I'm sensing a Heyman heel turn here. Lesnar having taken out all of Rollins stooges and also heyman coming across very Heelish on the preshow despite Brock being the face. Heyman is always a much better Heel and Lesnars actions as a face can do the talking for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Big Show face turn?

Big Show face turn?

OH GOD NO, PLEASE GOD NO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Big Show face turn?

Looks like it. I'm begging to think that WWE does it as a running gag now, more than anything else. His yearly face/heel turn.

I marked like crazy there. taker looks like he's in amazing shape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

What a twist, did not see that coming

So, that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Not sure how ill feel about the ending tomorrow, but man that was awesome

Just winding my jaw back up after that, HOLY ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

Talk about retribution for mania, great feud coming on

• Advertisement

Good call to kill the commentary . Lesnar's facials were great. Taker will obviously be the face, whatever direction they go with this. He looked that good I wouldn't be surprised if he was fit for a part time schedule now

Advertisement