Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Battleground 2015 PPV Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options
  • 18-06-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭

Sunday July 19, 2015, at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri

Confirmed

Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins for WWEHC

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt

Likely

Ryback Vs. Big Show Vs. Miz for IC title

Sheamus Vs. Randy Orton

John Cena Vs. Kevin Owens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ryback Vs. Big Show Vs. Miz for IC title

Sheamus Vs. Randy Orton

I'm more emotionally invested in the growth of grass in my lawn than these two matches but the rubber match of Owens vs Cena & Rollins vs. Lesnar should be great. Reigns vs. Wyatt could be a good hard hitting match or could suck, hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

To be honest I would stay up just to see Rollins vs Lesnar again. I guess this will be another PPV with a member of the Shield in the Main Event and no Cena.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Here is the card so far
    * WWE Title Match: Champion Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar
    * WWE US Title Match: Champion John Cena vs. Kevin Owens
    * WWE IC Title Match: Champion Ryback vs. Big Show vs. The Miz
    * WWE Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Prime Time Players vs. The New Day
    * Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns

Meltzer expects these two fresh matches at Battleground:
    Randy Orton vs. Sheamus and Nikki Bella vs. Paige are likely to be added to Battleground. Nikki vs. Paige was on the books for the show as recently as a week ago.

Ok I am lying about the fresh part. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

rovert wrote: »
    Meltzer expects these two fresh matches at Battleground:

Ok I am lying about the fresh part. :p

Ok now that sounds like it wont be worth staying up for. Apart from Brock at the moment there is not too much excitement on that show (that I can discuss before the show)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Brock vs Rollins is something pretty fresh and it will be interesting to see what happens.

Cena vs Owens will be a great match. We know that because we've seen it twice already in recent times, but that means the law of diminishing returns kicks in. There's also the issue of do they actually let Owens go over, how clean does he go over, and if he goes over, do they let Cena move on from the feud clean (something they never really do).

Speaking of diminishing returns, Orton vs Sheamus will test how fast the fast forward function can go....

Ryback/Owens/Show is an unknown. Could be good, could be bad, but at least that makes it interesting.

Paige/Bella needed a run in from the NXT Girls about a month ago at the latest, so it desperately needs to happen now.

Wyatt vs Reigns had the crowds going wild not so long ago when it was 3 vs 3. Bet the reaction won't be as big this time round, and in many ways, that exemplifies the problems with WWE more than anything else on this card.

And the tag titles match should be fine, but won't be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While I agree that Brock vs Rollins is something pretty fresh,the build is killing it. The booking of Rollins is not what a WWE Champion should be.

Cena vs Owens : Owens needs to go over or whats the point. Didnt like how he was booked on Raw, but hopefully its just a blip.

Orton and Sheamo : Couldnt give a monkeys

Ryback/Owens/Show might be watchable but my hopes arent high.

Paige/Bella can be good but the feud is spinning its wheels. Seems its been in stall mode for a while

I just cant invest in Wyatt and Reigns much to be honest but both need a win so it has that going for it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Aggravated sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

And it won't even be the worst match on the card, that's how lacking in depth of quality the WWE product is nowadays.

• Advertisement

I think you could predict Sheamus vs Orton for most PPVs and be right more often than wrong...

Via Ryback's Twitter:
    After Raw Monday I woke up Tuesday morning before some media appearances with a severe staph infection in my right knee. I was brought to a Hospital and put on strong antibiotics and had 90 cc of fluid drained out of knee in a 24 hour period. We caught it in time thanks to the Great WWE medical team and I will make a full recovery. Will be kept in the hospital for several days and I will not be able to defend my Intercontinental Championship this Sunday. I am sorry to all my fans and the WWE. I will be back shortly, but I have to get this corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wonder if the "King vs King" match will be bumped to the main card or will we get a different replacement match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Rumours of an Undertaker return, possibly leaked to boost subscribers ahead of Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Surely either Cesaro or Rusev have to cost Owens; after what he did to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

History tells us, Cena will win clean

I home Im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

rovert wrote: »
    Via Ryback's Twitter:

Don't wanna put a downer on anyone's day but this frees up big show to interfere on the main event as an authority member doesn't it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Toobz wrote: »
    Don't wanna put a downer on anyone's day but this frees up big show to interfere on the main event as an authority member doesn't it? :(

If it means Rollins retains, I'll allow it ;)

If it means Rollins retains, I'll allow it ;)

Big rollins fan too but the quality of the match will be affected.. Big show might go after him for Kane though!

• Advertisement

Toobz wrote: »
    Big rollins fan too but the quality of the match will be affected.. Big show might go after him for Kane though!

I presume the end of Raw this week was to write Kane out tbh. He won't be there, or at least capable of interfering.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I presume the end of Raw this week was to write Kane out tbh. He won't be there, or at least capable of interfering.

I know.. I mean big show will go after rollins on behalf of the authority and Kane!

Who knows!

Following Ryback’s forced withdrawal from Battleground earlier this week with a staph infection, WWE has announced that the entire Intercontinental Title match has been pulled from WWE Battleground.

Ryback had been initially been set to defend against Big Show and Miz, and while the graphic had been pulled from the Battleground page of WWE.com, there had been no confirmation about final plans for the match until now.

A Divas match was never announced either.

WWE NXT Women's champion Sasha Banks, Charlotte and Becky Lynch were all brought into St. Louis for the WWE Battleground PPV, so it appears they may be involved in a segment on the show. With the Intercontinental championship bout pulled from the show due to Ryback's injury, WWE certainly has time to fill on the show.

Interesting to note that WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair is also in town for the PPV.

Bexleground!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Miz Vs. Big Show could still happen Source

Charlotte vs. Brie Bella vs. Sasha Banks will take place on tonight's WWE Battleground PPV, PWInsider.com has learned.

So Brie is jobbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Miz Vs. Big Show could still happen

Well now I have to order the show :p
    They should have announced that Women's match on Smackdown tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

What time is start lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Lets get busy song is soo catchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234