Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32in Bush TV - €189 in Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I've a 26" Bush for eight years and a 22" for six years, not a blink out of either. The 22" was to replace a Samsung which died in less than three. Luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I've a 26" Bush for eight years and a 22" for six years, not a blink out of either. The 22" was to replace a Samsung which died in less than three. Luck of the draw.

Thanks for the vote of confidence: was a bit worried as I have never got this brand before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

This tv is fine and great for a bed room

A great price
    Has native hd 1920x1080
    Led screen , A rated very low power consumption
    Saorview receiver built in
    Made by vestel in Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

I have a code which expires tomorrow..,still undecided though..

Any chance someone who has bought this TV could post a pic of it turned on? just to give a better idea of what it's like.

Would really appreciate it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

newportlad wrote:
    I have a code which expires tomorrow..,still undecided though..

same here.....was wondering how is the sound and picture....i have time till tomorrow to decide....does it come with 2 yrs warranty ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am off to Glastonbury today but work right beside the Argos it's reserved in so have lunchtime to decide too! :D

Basq wrote:
    Am off to Glastonbury today but work right beside the Argos it's reserved in so have lunchtime to decide too!

I took the plunge....will post feedback in evening....replacing my chromecast+monitor setup i have been using for some time in bedroom....

any views what yhe main difference would be from picture quality ?

Monitor was 23 inch full HD...asus mx239h...

Yeah, might take plunge too. Won't be able to hook it up for another week or two.. but should be covered under 30 day policy anyways?

Basq wrote:
    Yeah, might take plunge too. Won't be able to hook it up for another week or two.. but should be covered under 30 day policy anyways?

Ya it is....covered under 30 days return...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

I got one of these yesterday and I'm really impressed with it.

It looks great IMO ( except the over sized LED on/off indicator) very little bezel around it and its much thinner than i thought it was going to be,

the picture quality is great and the sound is loud and clear from what I've heard so far watching TV.

The worst complaint I could have is the UI and EPG's look isn't great it reminds me of windows XP but considering it was only €190 that's not a problem at all.

Thanks to the OP for this I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone who's undecided about getting it.

• Advertisement

Yep, picked one up at lunch - though like I said, won't get a chance to hook til up until the weekend after next. So looking forward to hearing other thoughts on it.

I see current price is valid until this day next week... potential increase / decrease?

Basq wrote:
    I see current price is valid until this day next week... potential increase / decrease?

You never know...but shud not be more than 10 bucks the last selling price....

Do i need to wire this to get freeview/soarview or connect to UPC box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Any idea how many HDMI and USB ports on this T.V

Got one, it's up on the wall in the bedroom
    It's so light.

Easy to set up. Picture on netflix looks good

3 HDMI
    Usb

• Registered Users Posts: 24 m1989

Got mine this evening, just set up now and playing some YouTube videos through my laptop with HDMI. Sound and picture quality very good. TV good size, easy setup and very light.

Setup the TV...

Very good picture quality...Chromecast and nowtv box working great...

Any idea how can i get soarview/freeview on this ?

It has both Saorview and Freeview. You choose which you want at setup.

do i need any aerial for getting soarview/freeview ?

i have two leads coming out of a splitter on UPC line socket....one for BB and one for TV...

scanned only got 3 analogue channels...4, discovery, rte 1 ...

tharmor wrote: »
    do i need any aerial for getting soarview/freeview ?

i have two leads coming out of a splitter on UPC line socket....one for BB and one for TV...

scanned only got 3 analogue channels...4, discovery, rte 1 ...

U need an indoor aerial for saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Something like this Dealz cheapy might be adequate. Conversely you might be in an area requiring an external roof/attic mount.

• Advertisement

styron wrote:
    might be adequate. Conversely you might be in an area requiring an external roof/attic mount.

Thanks...got 10 soarview channels using the dealz antenna !!

How to get freeview channels ? i scanned and all 50 channels were thr but nothing loaded on selecting them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Thanks...got 10 soarview channels using the dealz antenna !!

How to get freeview channels ? i scanned and all 50 channels were thr but nothing loaded on selecting them....

Your going to need a dish to get freeview

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

gustafo wrote: »
    Your going to need a dish to get freeview

You need a dish for Freesat. I thought that Freeview was only available near the border.

OK freeeview seems impossible for me... so does i get any channels from UPC socket splitter having TV output ?

OK freeeview seems impossible for me... so does i get any channels from UPC socket splitter having TV output ?

Only if you have a UPC box and subscription.

The dealz aerial for 1.50 works fine for most Dublin areas within site of 3 rock.
    bear in mind the saorview receiver is only SD, so the picture off tv3 is muck. Others are ok.

Marhay70 wrote:
    Only if you have a UPC box and subscription.

got few analogue channels from that point....nothing more....

got few analogue channels from that point....nothing more....

Presumably you only got Irish channels which you probably would have got just by sticking a lead into the aerial socket on the back of the TV.
    Get an FTA satellite box and dish, reasonably cheap and easy to set up. Available in SD or HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

a little info:
    All new TVs sold in Ireland legally have to have Saorview as far as I know.
    there are lots ot tvs sold in ireland with no saorview. (lots of people don't need it)

1-saorview approved tv: 10 stations + radio + teletext + will work with any new features that might be added in the future eg red button interactive services
    2-freeview HD: 10 stations + radio
    3-freeview: sound but no pictures = NO stations
    a lot of tv labeled freeview are in fact freeviewHD and may well be saorview approved, check the model number on saorviews website.

for the 10 irish stations you need a saorview/freeviewHD tv or set top box and an aerial.*
    for english stations you need a freeSAT tv or set top box and a satellite dish.
    freeview is not broadcast in ireland and can only be picked up in a few areas eg along the border.
    *dont know about upc.

This tv is very cheap and its not a brand i'd recommend BUT if this is your budget you'll do a lot of looking before you get more bang for your buck.
    Great for the price.

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote:
    Presumably you only got Irish channels which you probably would have got just by sticking a lead into the aerial socket on the back of the TV. Get an FTA satellite box and dish, reasonably cheap and easy to set up. Available in SD or HD.

No they are only coming in analogue mode when i use a lead from UPC...nothing with aerial i got for soarview...so probably something to do with UPC...it has discovery,mtv,all soarview channels,sky news,nick etc...

Advertisement