Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32in Bush TV - €189 in Argos

Options
  • 17-06-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Good value for what you get, 32in Bush TV - €189 in Argos, stock checker site shows limited availability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 m1989

Edit* Apologies, I cannot post the link as I have not posted enough threads on Boards yet but you will find the TV easily on the website... The product code is: 355/4340

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Link

And availability at time of posting:

8sAqyg.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Only 3 left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

will this tv have saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

normakelle wrote: »
    All new TVs sold in Ireland legally have to have Saorview as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palec69

NO i doesnt have it, you have to solder one yourself, they sell soldering kit together with the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There not a bad telly got one around Christmas

Can now be ordered for collection in some stores

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

http://www.saorview.ie/product/bush/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Is a soundbar necessary with this TV? Just reserved one and still weighing up my options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

They say that it's €100 off but at the bottom of the page it says that it has been on sale before at €199.

Does anyone know the model number?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Is a soundbar necessary with this TV? Just reserved one and still weighing up my options

If used with a upc or sky box you shouldn't need one .
    But if your into movies or gaming I'd suggest a sound bar .
    I've the TV since Christmas but didn't think a sound bar was needed till I tried playing music through my xbox recently with the sound on a near maximum was pretty low .
    I'd put a soundbar on the to buy list

This is listed with a Freeview receiver. Does anyone know if it has Saorview without a model number it's hard to tell ? I notice that the 32 in Samsung is also listed with Freeview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Gatling wrote: »
    If used with a upc or sky box you shouldn't need one .
    But if your into movies or gaming I'd suggest a sound bar .
    I've the TV since Christmas but didn't think a sound bar was needed till I tried playing music through my xbox recently with the sound on a near maximum was pretty low .
    I'd put a soundbar on the to buy list

I just have regular bog standard €20 speakers hooked up to my tv and they work just fine. While a soundbar is better, normal speakers are cheaper and can do a job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Does anyone know the model number for this TV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

tharmor wrote: »
    Does anyone know the model number for this TV ?
    32/233F
    Discodog wrote: »
    This is listed with a Freeview receiver. Does anyone know if it has Saorview without a model number it's hard to tell ? I notice that the 32 in Samsung is also listed with Freeview.
    It has both Saorview and Freeview. You choose which you want at setup.
    Gatling wrote: »
    There not a bad telly got one around Christmas
    Have you adjusted the calibration at all? Found the colours a bit off watching an SD video over USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Bought one of these about a year ago assuming it is the same model number. Good tv for the price. For better quality sound best to go for sound bar but it works fine for us with Sky box. Tempted to get a second one

Cheers OP... ordered one for collection.

Was looking for a sub €200 telly just for hanging on wall in bedroom - this should do the job!

Discodog wrote:
    They say that it's €100 off but at the bottom of the page it says that it has been on sale before at €199.

Discodog wrote:
    Does anyone know the model number?

It was 199e when I ordered one then they reduced the price by another 10e. The previous cat price before I ordered was around 280 I think.

So is this a bargain alert or not? It's hard to find 32'' under 200 euro but I've heard BUSH is alright only if you get it as a Christmas gift.

• Advertisement

soirish wrote: »
    So is this a bargain alert or not? It's hard to find 32'' under 200 euro but I've heard BUSH is alright only if you get it as a Christmas gift.

Good question :) I have one reserved but can't decide whether to get it. I think that it's misleading to say that it's €100 off when it's really €10.

Just looked at some reviews & they aren't good. Most people reporting reliability issues.

This has good reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finlux-32HBD274B-N-32-Inch-Ready-Freeview/dp/B00PUCTL9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434801622&sr=8-1&keywords=tv

This comes in at around €200 including Parcel motel

Review for the 40 inch but Finlux seems to be a very good budget brand.

http://www.whathifi.com/finlux/40f8073-t/review

Finlux is HD ready which isn't great either.

I just got notification the one I ordered is ready to collect but not sure about it either. Might wait til the likes of an 32" LG is on special.

EDIT: 269 reviews averaging out at 4.5 / 5 on Argos UK.. it can't be that bad surely!

EDIT: Actually - never mind.. different TV: http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1384828.htm

Finlux is HD ready which isn't great either.

Why not? My research suggests that there is no perceptible difference between 720 & 1080 on a 32 inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

bought this during the week.a good tv i think,reviews on uk site here..http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3554340.htm

Basq wrote: »
    I just got notification the one I ordered is ready to collect but not sure about it either. Might wait til the likes of an 32" LG is on special.

EDIT: 269 reviews averaging out at 4.5 / 5 on Argos UK.. it can't be that bad surely!

EDIT: Actually - never mind.. different TV: http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1384828.htm

There are very few reviews of this model & Bush in general, especially on Amazon. They may have improved but my impression of Bush was low quality.

Finlux seem to have an excellent reputation with good online support. They are only exclusively sold here by Harvey Norman hence why they are cheaper online.

Technika 32E21B-Fhd 32" Slim Freeview LED TV 188 euro + Parcel Motel @ Tesco Via eBay (Refurbished/Add £10 For DVD Combi)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291433037802?clk_rvr_id=852676121722&rmvSB=true#shpCntId

I wouldn't buy Technika but maybe someone will be interested.

JVC LT-32C340 32" LED TV €219.99 @ PC World

www.pcworld.ie/Product/jvc-lt32c340-32-led-tv/318393/404.0.5

JVC LT-32C340 32" LED TV €219.99 @ PC World

www.pcworld.ie/Product/jvc-lt32c340-32-led-tv/318393/404.0.5

Another tv with very few reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Got one today for the Kitchen
    Thanks OP