Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

case in point - Hellhouse, I'm struggling here and I've got cloud on lvl 50 and Aerith on 49, really don't want to exit the area (means exiting the chapter) and grinding elsewhere. I'm on course to get the last 3 dresses that I need for the trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

case in point - Hellhouse, I'm struggling here and I've got cloud on lvl 50 and Aerith on 49, really don't want to exit the area (means exiting the chapter) and grinding elsewhere. I'm on course to get the last 3 dresses that I need for the trophy.

Bio is your best mate here. It kills him even when he's changing elements

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Vicxas wrote: »
    Bio is your best mate here. It kills him even when he's changing elements

Bio definitely helps. I also suggest using Arcane Ward and then the correct elemental magic to help speed up a stagger on the Hellhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Christy42

Keep an atb gauge ready for tonberrys. All my deaths vs that thing in hard were down to me not dealing with those immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Got past it this morning. Really don’t know how i did it as my MP was quite low (80 for Cloud, 100~ for Aerith).

Got the 9 dresses trophy so now it’s back to the simulator to get the last summon and continue on from chapter 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Dave0301 wrote: »
    I am thinking of doing another run through of this as I liked the combat so much.

I have already cleared it in hard mode. Does anyone have any suggestions on making a run through more challenging, but in a fair way?

I been trying some stuff myself. I don't think I could do a whole playthrough of it again but one thing I tried was fighting a few bosses with no weapon upgrades on hard mode (you can reset them from Chadley)

So stagger percentage becomes incredibly important which makes fights way more exciting and tense. No idea how it would scale to later on boss fights.

Clipped airbuster with this

I hope the PC version has an extra difficulty mode above hard.

Getting a lend of a ps4... where would be the best/cheapest place to buy this?

I'm pretty much exclusively a pc user for the past decade. I understand the playstation digital store is crazy expensive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Getting a lend of a ps4... where would be the best/cheapest place to buy this?

I'm pretty much exclusively a pc user for the past decade. I understand the playstation digital store is crazy expensive?

If you hang on it should be out in April on PC. I'd say (and this is pure speculation from me) it will be very much improved on the Ps4 original and will get ported to the PS5 .

But yeah outside of sales the digital store is expensive.

Managed to pick it up for 40 quid second hand. I just realised I don't have an ethernet cable long enough to hook up the ps4. Would I definitely need to do that to get some patches? Or is version 1 good enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I don't believe there was any major patches for the game in both bug fixes or content

I don't remember the original being so heavy on the anime tropes. I guess I didn't notice as it was all in text. The constant grunting is a bit annoying. Enjoying it on a whole so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I don't remember the original being so heavy on the anime tropes. I guess I didn't notice as it was all in text. The constant grunting is a bit annoying. Enjoying it on a whole so far.

What part are you at? I felt it went downhill fairly rapidly after the wallmarket section, anime grunts are going to be the least of your disappointments fairly soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭endainoz

nix wrote: »
    What part are you at? I felt it went downhill fairly rapidly after the wallmarket section, anime grunts are going to be the least of your disappointments fairly soon :D

I'm at the second last chapter after putting it down for ages after I got to the start of shinra hq. It just didn't do a whole pile for me, overall it's a 7/10 rating from my experience.

I did get back into it last night though and I did enjoy it alright. It's just that things are dragged out too much, even many parts of the main story. I get that midgar is big but still, the grinding really got to me.

I'll still be interested in seeing part two sometime in the future, but a lot of fat needs to be trimmed off. Id have enjoyed this one much more if it was two thirds the length to make things move on more quickly.

Oh yeah and agreed on the grunting, I know it's a JRPG thing but it wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm at the second last chapter after putting it down for ages after I got to the start of shinra hq. It just didn't do a whole pile for me, overall it's a 7/10 rating from my experience.

hahaaa that was exactly my opinion too at that point of the game, the padding pissed me off a lot, so id have given it more of a 5/10 at that point. But between the point you're at and from when the credits role, it just plummets straight to -10

Enjoy :pac:

I'm just about to blow up the 2nd reactor. They really drag the arse out of it. I've played the intro to ff7 so many times so this is the part of the game I'm least interested in. I am enjoying it but there are distinct things I'm not into. Mainly the dialogue and its delivery. That over the top anime style. Heidegger laughing at the end of every scene. Wtf. Feels like it's made for children. That Roche character constantly laughing. Who signed off on that thinking it was perfect. Midgar itself is fantastic to explore. Looking up at the plate or down at the slums. Biggs, wedge and Jessie fleshed out are great. Tifa and Barret are caricatures so far. Makes me miss something like the Witcher. As ridiculous as that was, it felt real.

I'm just gonna accept the weeaboo-ness of it and enjoy it for it is

nix wrote: »
    hahaaa that was exactly my opinion too at that point of the game, the padding pissed me off a lot, so id have given it more of a 5/10 at that point. But between the point you're at and from when the credits role, it just plummets straight to -10

Enjoy :pac:

It's holding at a 7....so far. I reckon I'll finish it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I bought the game at full price and don't regret it as the excellent combat makes up for the padding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Be warned, I thought I'd finish the game as it was coming up the the end of chapter 17 in one night. It's a good slog still till the end. Not as bad as chapter 17 as a whole but I thought "another hour and I'll be done" when in reality is was more like 3 hours

• Advertisement

Not sure it's been mentioned but Tifa has enormous tits

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Not sure it's been mentioned but Tifa has enormous tits

Where can I buy a copy of this game?

I was rushing to the walled market to get a better look at that blue dress

Doing great work for gamer stereotypes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I could be wrong, but i think most men not just gamers like big boobs

Doing great work for gamer stereotypes there.

I can't make my mind up between this one or that one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

BEEEEWWWWWWWBBBBBSSSSS

Anyway, looking forward to trying FF XV when it hits PS Plus in November. I played the start of it before and got really bored. I'm hoping I just hadn't giving it a proper chance and will this time. Saying that, I think the combat might be a bit shyte after playing 7 remake

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    BEEEEWWWWWWWBBBBBSSSSS

Anyway, looking forward to trying FF XV when it hits PS Plus in November. I played the start of it before and got really bored. I'm hoping I just hadn't giving it a proper chance and will this time. Saying that, I think the combat might be a bit shyte after playing 7 remake

I do think it's a bit more arcade-y than FF7R, I got through 98% of it just mashing attack but you do get some nice visuals and powerups as you continue through the game. To be honest though, if you got bored within the first hour, probably not going to be massively entranced by the game. I think the first hour was arguably the most fun I had for most of the game.

The pacing isn't the best at times. I really didn't need to see exactly how Marlene was saved by Aerith. I found myself skipping cutscenes for the first time.

• Advertisement

What was so bad about the ending? I was expecting something way worse. I knew it ended at Midgar in advance.

Advertisement