Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collusion: RTE programme on the RUC, UDA etc..

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

Nationalists living in the north held the ruc in lesser esteem than a sewer rat. The fact they were up to their necks in extra judicial killings is not exactly a secret

It seems to be news, inconvenient news, for some people.
    I'm not surprised some of the posters on this thread want it buried though, they're also fervent supporters of this FG led government and we know the interest, or lack of interest, that FG have in Northern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

NorthStars wrote: »
    I'm not surprised some of the posters on this thread want it buried though, they're also fervent supporters of this FG led government and we know the interest, or lack of interest, that FG have in Northern Ireland.

And not to mention that the arm of British state sponsored terrorism also reached firmly into the republic. The lack of pressure from successive Irish governments on the british to obtain files on the Dublin/monaghan bombings is bad enough but the fact that the Irish government themselves will not release the files on the belturbet bombing speaks volumes

And not to mention that the arm of British state sponsored terrorism also reached firmly into the republic. The lack of pressure from successive Irish governments on the british to obtain files on the Dublin/monaghan bombings is bad enough but the fact that the Irish government themselves will not release the files on the belturbet bombing speaks volumes

It was a FG/Labour government in office when the investigation into the Dublin and Monaghan bombings was shut down after 6 weeks.
    The narrative from FG supporters has always been to blame republicans and ignore everything else.
    It's a servile attitude that's quite obvious on this board with some.
    I think they miss their royalty......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

And that is the subject of this thread, the rest of your posts on this thread have just been deflection, and not very good deflection at that.
    So, have you anything to add to the discussion on British state involvement in collusion with loyalist terrorists in the assassinations of citizens of this country and of the UK?

MOD: Is this type of thing really helpful? Please see K-9's warning a few posts back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Not only that, but there was a cowardly lack of a very public and voiciferous condemning of British acts of agression and collusion (as the diplomat pointed out they where aware of) on the international stage.
    What did we get instead? The Heavy Gang terrorising border communities to the extent that Amnesty International got involved and Section 32 censorship and suppression...they made sure they kept SF from alerting the Irish people to what was going on as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Who are the fervent supporters of the FG-led government.

I, for one, am a Green voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

Godge wrote: »
    Who are the fervent supporters of the FG-led government.

I, for one, am a Green voter.

Possibly he means posters that get animated when posts regarding IRA wrong doing are posted on here

The same people run for the hills when anything negative is posted on the British/Army/Unionist terrorists

Im sure if you have a look over past posts you'll find them

I notice Franny the FG'er is handing over Garda files on the Kingsmill attack to her British friends.
    I wonder will she receive the British files on Dublin/Monaghan?
    I wouldn't hold my breath though as these FGer's will do anything for their betters but never ask for anything in return.
    Oh yea, add to that the fact that no British political party is running for election in the south in the near future and then you'll see the full picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Godge wrote: »
    Well you see, I believe that the shooting dead of John Carthy, a civilian with health issues was much more serious than the shooting dead of IRA criminals on "active service" on their way to commit a terrorist act.

So-called 'loyalist' killers in the UDA/UDR/UFF/RUC or whatever other initialism or badge they acted under murdered hundreds of innocent civilians so your obfuscation that they were somehow shooting IRA men on their way to commit 'terror' is either borne of ignorance, lies or some combination of the two. Only 4% of Loyalist killings were actual Republicans despite their being fed intelligence.

The Glenane Gang who recruited their fraternity of serial killers from the groups mentioned above murdered approx 120 people, Lethal Allies concludes that of the Glenanne Gang's murdered victims:
    in all but one case they were “upwardly-mobile” Catholics who were – either through their own enterprise or hard work – lifting their economic and political aspirations.

“LETHAL ALLIES: British Collusion in Ireland” - Mercier Press

All but one of 120 people.

Advertisement