Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAMMA 22 - 3Arena - Sept 19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Chris Fields nickname on the BAMMA website listed as "The Housewives Choice".

Haha. He always has come across as a pure messer in fairness. When did he drop "The Killing"??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BAMMA

Recently.

I've counted 21 irish fighters in the 21 fights announced so far. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

BAMMA, how many are you expecting in for this one? It's a fantastic card, fingers crossed it'll get the attendance it deserves.

As many as possible! The more the merrier and the bigger the audience, then the more likely regular events happen here.

• Advertisement

And....

Final bout for #BAMMA22 is... Damien 'The Rage' Rooney Vs. Manel 'Prodigy' Kape http ://www .bamma. com/news/2015/07/27/ final-bout-added-to-bamma-22 #WelcomeToTheNewAge #IrishMMA #MMA

Final fight to be added is Damien 'The Rage' Rooney Vs. Manel 'Prodigy' Kape

BAMMA 22 Fightcard
    BAMMA FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE
    Tom 'Fire Kid' DuQuesnoy (c) Vs. Brendan Loughnane

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT
    'The Housewives Choice' Chris Fields Vs. Christopher Jacquelin

LONSDALE BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE
    Alan 'The Apprentice' Philpott Vs. Regis 'The First' Sugden

LONSDALE LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE
    Marc 'Bonecrusher' Diakiese (c) Vs. Rick Selvarajah

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
    Jack 'The Pilgrim' McGann Vs. Jack Grant

CATCHWEIGHT BOUT
    Damien 'The Rage' Rooney Vs. Manel 'Prodigio' Kape

ATOMWEIGHT WOMENS BOUT
    'The Alpha Female' Catherine Costigan Vs. Simona Soukupova

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT
    Karl Moore Vs. Paul 'Bearjew' Craig

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
    Tim 'The Experiment' Wilde Vs. Philip 'Honeybadger' Mulpeter

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
    Kane 'Danger' Mousah Vs. Myles Price

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT
    Conor 'Da Crook' Cooke Vs. Paul Byrne

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
    Sean Tobin Vs. Gavin 'Heamy' Kelly

WELTERWEIGHT BOUT
    John 'Johnny Jitzu' Redmond Vs. Kieran Davern

HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT
    Ricky King Vs. Jonathan Dargan

BANTAMWEIGHT WOMENS BOUT
    Sinead Kavanagh Vs. Hatice 'Turkish Delight' Ozyurt

FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT
    Stephen Coll Vs. Alexandre Liete

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
    Adam Caffrey Vs. Dylan 'The Nuke' Tuke

FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT
    Gerard Gilmore Vs. James Gallagher

FLYWEIGHT BOUT
    Fabio 'Don' Viti Vs. Keith Coady

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
    Chris Boujard Vs. Connor White

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
    Patrick Wixted Vs. Connor 'Done Deal' Dillon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I'll need a programme to keep me updated on each fighter haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

but1er wrote: »
    I'll need a programme to keep me updated on each fighter haha

Long day ahead for us haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

ASOT wrote: »
    Long day ahead for us haha

After like every 5 fights can we get long enough smoke break? Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

Just seen a tweet from Catherine Costigan - She is selling tickets at 35 and 48 euros from her website, no booking fees, free postage and you even get a signed pic - support our local fighters by buying directly from her.

Can someone put the link to her site in please?

CLy1vk7WIAErnaB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

mmapk wrote: »
    Just seen a tweet from Catherine Costigan - She is selling tickets at 35 and 48 euros from her website, no booking fees, free postage and you even get a signed pic - support our local fighters by buying directly from her.

Can someone put the link to her site in please?

CLy1vk7WIAErnaB.jpg

Great idea and a nice way to support the fighters!! just had a look at her site..the only downside is that you cant pick where you would like to sit in the arena.. cant see where the offer of a signed picture either

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Great idea and a nice way to support the fighters!! just had a look at her site..the only downside is that you cant pick where you would like to sit in the arena.. cant see where the offer of a signed picture either

In fairness nobody can pick where you sit in the arena from the Ticketmaster website either. You can certainly be shown options, refuse them and try again.

Really looking forward to this one now

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

looks to be a stacked card lets hope it gets the attendance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

Tickets x4 booked... looking forward to it now!!

Oh and for anyone wanting tickets you can get them from Ticketmaster or direct from Catherine Costigan.
    Buying direct from her site allows her to get a commission and you also get a handwritten thank you note + she pays for the postage (unlike ticketmaster) Win Win

http://www.catherinecostigan.com/

Hi BAMMA, what's the running time for this? Interested to see what time it finishes at in order to sort out transport etc. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone know how the ticket sales have been for this?

I'm tempted to make late plans. Trying to persuade a friend to go but I hope if he does go the place isn't half empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Anyone know how the ticket sales have been for this?

I'm tempted to make late plans. Trying to persuade a friend to go but I hope if he does go the place isn't half empty!

Well if everyone had the same idea there is a more of a chance it will be :) Best to go regardless and support Irish MMA. We need more professional shows like this in Ireland.

Worst case scenario i presume they would let people move up closer to the cage so everyone is not spread out.

However I am not sure how much promotion has been done outside of the regular MMA circles? A lot of people new to MMA who I have been talking to who want tickets for the UFC show have not even heard of the BAMMA event.

• Advertisement

BAMMA seem to have a way better chance at getting the arena over 5000 mark on the night due to the card they have put together. Surging featherweight Tom Duquesnoy defends his title against Brendan Loughnane in the main event. More importantly, a legend of the Irish scene, Chris Fields, will lock horns with Christopher Jacquelin in the co-main event. Northern Ireland’s Alan Philpott takes on Regis Sugden for the British title on the night and various established Irish pros like Catherine Costigan, Damien Rooney, Philip Mulpeter, Conor Cooke, Karl Moore, Myles Price, John Redmond and Connor Dillon will also compete at the event.

The number of notable Irish amateurs that will compete for the first time as professionals at BAMMA 22 might make the card even more appealing for diehard MMA fans. John Kavanagh’s protégé James Gallagher will make his first professional bow on the night, and the anticipation around the SBG man’s bout is like nothing the Irish scene has witnessed before. Another bout that pits two debuting pros against one another is Adam Caffrey versus Dylan Tuke, and given their outstanding amateur careers, the flyweight contest is shaping up to be one to remember.

This is an extract from fightland. The full article is a must read. Enjoy.
    http://fightland.vice.com/blog/bamma-set-to-test-irish-mma-fandom-outside-of-mcgregor-and-ufc

Got my tickets last night. Does anyone know if the running order of the fights is as advertised on the BAMMA website?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

mmapk really does have a way to whet the appetite!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Is Philip Mulpeter out??

I've heard James Gallagher is out too.

DrPhilG wrote: »

Feck!!! this is forcing me to pay ridiculous prices for UFC Dublin instead

DrPhilG wrote: »

No way? Ah, crap. He was the one I most looking forward to seeing.

Don't take that as gospel, I was talking to a guy in work who said he was talking to Gallagher a week ago and he said he had picked up an injury.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Is Philip Mulpeter out??
    Yes. He's been replaced by SBG's Luka Jelcic has stepped in.

• Advertisement

BAMMA wrote: »
    Yes. He's been replaced by SBG's Luka Jelcic has stepped in.

What happened Phil? Injury?

Advertisement