Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye of the Tiger Beer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

aquinn wrote: »
    Spotted you going through Fairview last night.

With the backpack watch your running form, unless you were tired you were slumped a bit forward and not as bouncy as usual. Cold still lingering?

Eeek! It wasn't a particularly comfortable commute, the cold is definitely hanging around, and I feel a little out of sorts, I had a cruddy Cru session tonight. I possibly run a little slumped with the bag on my back, when I run without the bloody thing I definitely feel a little taller. Will keep an eye on my form. Thanks for looking out for me coach :)

Another for Run The Line! excellent :) presume you're doing the long course too?

Ah yeh, may as well go all in :)

Gah! Up until recently I was one of the aloof boards users who snigger quietly to themselves when reading about other people losing their updates to various browser/BBS/ISP woes. Haha! Don't those technical troglodytes know to always save anything more than a short post into their paste buffer or a separate notepad app? Alas I am now relegated to the league of self-loathing technophobes who complain about losing their brilliant updates on their very important training log. I started writing it last night, but didn't get around to finishing it and left it until this morning and I forgot to never trust any technology and clicked "Post Quick Reply" without copying the data in triplicate in advance. Ah well. It's really a glaringly terrible UX issue that boards has. Bah.

Anyway... last week wasn't amazing as I very slowly got rid of the previously mentioned cold. The week started in Kilkenny where we were away with the kids for a couple of nights, though I only got out for a single run around the town. On Thursday I made it over to the club where I had another not great session full of mucus and wheezing (3x1 mile off 1 minute - 6:21, 6:3x (messed up my watch), 6:36). On Saturday I decided to give Malahide parkrun a decent go and see how much the cold had taken out of me. I lined up just behind Catherina McKiernan and three naive and positionally challenged teenage girls (one of them declared "I don't really want to run" seconds before the start). I started well enough, moving up through all the too-fast starters, doing the first km in 3:50 and settled into a position which didn't really change much. I slowly slowed down though not enough to start losing any places. I picked it up for the finish on the hill near the end, though then the lads around me did the same and I was nowhere near to catching them, finishing in 19:44. Finally on Sunday I was feeling a little better from the cold and treated myself to a long run in the Phoenix Park, catching some of the Ironman 70.3 action along the way. It was my longest run in a good while and felt good throughout, picking up the pace a small bit in the second half and I wasn't particularly sore or tired afterwards.

Date|Distance|Pace|Notes
    14th August|5.1 miles|9:23|Wandering around wet Kilkenny town and castle.
    16th August|10.2 miles|8:20|A commute home. aquinn reckoned I was slouching :)
    17th August|9.6 miles|?|Over to the club and some warmup, session as above, warmdown and over to the bus.
    18th August|10 miles|8:56|A commute home
    19th August|9.6 miles|?|Over to Malahide parkrun, the parkrun, and back home.
    20th August|17.5 miles|8:12|Decent long run in the park

Total: 62.1 miles
    Next week: I'll probably get to Frank Duffy as I have a wedding to get to in Laois on Saturday afternoon, so if I do make it there'll be no hanging around afterwards. My 10 mile PB is a little soft from Trim this year, I should be able to take a minute off it as long as conditions aren't as bad as last year!

Frank Duffy 10 Mile Race Report!

The target for this was 1:06:XX, keeping pace at or under 6:40, allowing for the ups and downs of the course. I felt good on the morning, having taken it easy enough in the second half of the week and not running at all on Friday, though the annoyingly glorious blue skies didn't go down well. I arrived at the park at 8:45 or so, but after having parked on the grass beside the North Road I realised that the race would still be going on when I was planning to leave, so I moved the car to pretty much the last spot in on of the car parking areas beside Ashtown Gate. I met up with a few club folks (including marthastew) and had some pre-race chats, before doing a 15 minute warm-up jog, followed by the same routine from the Tuesday night track sessions .- some dynamic stuff and strides. I found the routine settled pre-race nerves, definitely better than some nervous jogging and strides on my own. murph_d had joined in and we had a brief chat before sorting out some pre-race necessaries. I hopped over the fence and got into a reasonable position, where I met davedanon and said hi. In the warmup I'd sussed out two Crusaders folks who might be near enough to me, one of our coaches who was targetting 1:05 and another newcomer who was going after 1:04.

The start was hot, in both ways. I went off a little too fast though it felt alright at the time. I slowly got up with the coach and used him as a pacemaker for a bit, he was running steadily enough and on a good racing line so I could turn off a bit and relax into the race. I slowed down a bit on the ups and downs, passing 5k at just under 20 minutes. Somewhere around the zoo I ran beside the coach and then moved ahead of him. I fell into a little group going up North Road including a Sportsworld woman, and we ran well together for a few miles, passing a bunch of people who were slowing down. At the second water station I passed the 1:04 guy... maybe the relative warmth was hurting some folks. Going down Chesterfield wasn't much of a relief as effort levels were going seriously up by now, but I wasn't losing any places. My upper legs were starting to hurt a good bit here, my legs felt like they were being slowly ground down by the pounding they were getting as I was wearing racers for the longest race I've run in them. The wind was annoying on Acres, and I made up some ground to get behind a group. As expected the climb in the last 1.5 miles or so was agony. Passing the 9 mile marker I reckoned a fast mile could get me under 1:06... I tried to speed up but what happened was I just didn't slow down much, even though it felt like I was going faster. I stopped my watch at 1:06:12, a 95 second PB. Job done.

Splits tell a story of starting a bit too fast and slowing down, though not disastrously so 6:19, 6:27, 6:35, 6:39, 6:42, 6:42, 6:32, 6:29, 6:41, 6:44 (+16 seconds). I went over the 7 mile mat in 45:59 and 195th position, and finished the race in 188th (though 201st per chip), so not terrible. Maybe on a cooler day and a more conservative start I could've gotten into 1:05:XX, but still very happy with the race. My legs were sore all day afterwards, and are even worse today. I even resorted to taking an epson salts bath this evening, even though I'm mostly sure they have no magical properties :) I might reconsider wearing the racers for the half.

The rest of the week...

Date|Distance|Pace|Notes
    21st August|9.1 miles|9:22|Slow commute home, tired from previous day's long run.
    22nd August|11 miles|?|Cru session - a repeat of the dreaded W workout that didn't go well a few weeks ago. Splits for each rep were (1:41, 1:50, 1:47, 1:53, 1:46) (1:44, 1:55, 1:49, 1:56, 1:44) (1:46, 1:56, 1:52, 2:01, 1:43). Still not great, but wasn't completely destroyed at the end.
    23rd August|3.2 miles|9:20|Lunch with with a co-worker
    23rd August|6.3 miles|9:07|Run around town after work
    24th August|9.1 miles|8:44|Easy enough commute home
    26th August|12.4 miles|?|Frank Duffy + warmup + cooldown
    27th August|6.2 miles|10:10|The kids were staying with my parents, so myself and the wife treated ourselves to a run in exotic St. Annes park with a mate of ours. Legs were very sore. We popped down to Bull Island but mostly ran around the park. I met more boardsies here than at the race the day before :D

Total: 57.7 miles
    Next week: Easy running during the week anyway, may not bother with the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Nice PB. Well done. The flats are a killer alright. My legs are in bits for a few days after them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Nice job B, sounds like you had a better day than many, congrats on the PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Terrific race, P. Your report is modest. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Great racing, well done on PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

congrats on the PB, you looked fairly fresh afterwards - that 9m the day before the race would have done you no favours!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

congrats on the PB, you looked fairly fresh afterwards - that 9m the day before the race would have done you no favours!

2 days before but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Fair play on the PB B, nice to PB on what seemed like a warm morning weather wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Honest report there B, well done on the pb all the same. Reading the reports it sounds like the weather/route in the second half of the race did a good number on most people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Well done B, congrats on the PB.

Thanks all :)

No regrets about the 9 miles TWO days before hand... I took an entire day off before the race! I barely knew what to be doing with myself.

I was a little tired and hungover while writing the report, having been at a wedding immediately after the race, so maybe that's why it was a little dour. There were some minor details left out. In addition to my upper legs being in a good bit of pain near the end, the last mile also featured some stomach pain which was far from fun at the time. It went away pretty much immediately after finishing, and there were no, um, related movements, so I think it was bodily race stress rather than an actual upset stomach. I was pretty thirsty before and during the race, I took a cup at each station, cleaned my mouth out, took a small swig and poured the rest over my head and that worked well as a routine that I'll use in future.

My VDOT was equivalent to my HM last year, so the recent PB streak is definitely at risk in a few weeks in Donabate. Hopefully a few decent weeks of training and a proper taper will keep the streak going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Super running B. You looked to be focused and in good form before the race. What stood out for me on your splits was your strength on the hills. Often thought that your runmutes (with rucksac :eek:) must give you a psychological and physiological advantage for racing. Have taken to including more hills in my own running as a result, given the nature of the Race Series Courses.

Keep up the good work and have no doubt that you will run a superb HM off it, and your current excellent form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Super running B , have you a target in mind for half marathon ? Sorry for been nosey but I'm always a few minutes behind you !

You been in great shape now for Dublin marathon i don't think you entered it but I'm very envious of your training.

denis b wrote: »
    Often thought that your runmutes (with rucksac :eek:) must give you a psychological and physiological advantage for racing. Have taken to including more hills in my own running as a result, given the nature of the Race Series Courses.

Keep up the good work and have no doubt that you will run a superb HM off it, and your current excellent form.

Thank you. The runmutes have to be good for something! I sometimes wonder whether the bag slows me down or reduces the benefit of training somehow, on the other hand I feel a lot faster when I don't have the bloody thing on my back.
    Super running B , have you a target in mind for half marathon ? Sorry for been nosey but I'm always a few minutes behind you !

You been in great shape now for Dublin marathon i don't think you entered it but I'm very envious of your training.

I'd be happy with a PB, so sub-1:28:28 - it'll be tough. This time last year I was doing a lot of milage, and I probably won't do the same in the next few weeks, so I need to outsmart my past self somehow :)

Singer wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a PB, so sub-1:28:28 - it'll be tough. This time last year I was doing a lot of milage, and I probably won't do the same in the next few weeks, so I need to outsmart my past self somehow :)

If you run anymore than your current 100k a week I'm deleting you off strava :D
    I think i've run loads in a week then see you nearly doubled it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Nice one on the Frank Duffy pal....were you wearing new racers?? You've worn racers before yeah?

healy1835 wrote: »
    Nice one on the Frank Duffy pal....were you wearing new racers?? You've worn racers before yeah?

Cheers!

I bought a pair of racers about 8 weeks ago and wore them for a couple of sessions, two parkruns, the Docklands 5k and the Fingal 10k. None of which resulted in a load of pain. The 10 mile was quite sore near the end, and my calves were in bits for 2-3 days afterwards. None of this was really a problem - it just happened. As this guy says...

https://twitter.com/GregMcMillan/status/852187815165263873

...racing is going to be hard. Obviously I don't want to get injured as a result of wearing racers, but if I can wear them and run faster then it's worth it.

• Advertisement

Cheers!

I bought a pair of racers about 8 weeks ago and wore them for a couple of sessions, two parkruns, the Docklands 5k and the Fingal 10k. None of which resulted in a load of pain. The 10 mile was quite sore near the end, and my calves were in bits for 2-3 days afterwards. None of this was really a problem - it just happened. As this guy says...

https://twitter.com/GregMcMillan/status/852187815165263873

...racing is going to be hard. Obviously I don't want to get injured as a result of wearing racers, but if I can wear them and run faster then it's worth it.

That's my attitude too tbh. I reckon the ones I got are worth 5-10 secs per mile over a 5k anyway. I dunno would I risk them for anything longer than 10k though. The thing is I love running in them, I feel really light on my feet and I think I run with better form - except I can be sore for a day or two afterwards, so I use them sparingly. I like the uppers to be snug though, whereas I like a bit more room in a heavier everyday shoe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I wear something like Saucony A6 or Adidas Takumi Sen for shorter races, up to like 5 miles or 10K but I need something more for 10 miles and above. I use Mizuno Hitogami for the longer races, still better than normal trainers but more support than you get from a pair of flats. I've used them from 10 Miles to marathons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Nice one B congrats good to see ya Sunday in St Annes

A quiet enough week recovering from last week's race, which took until Wednesday, followed by a weekend of fun taking on two of the tastier bits of Faster Road Racing's HM plan.

My better half got dibs on heading out to do a parkrun on Saturday morning, so I got out around 11.30. I hmmed and hawed about what to do, and went with the FRR VO2 max monster session in the middle of the highest milage week of the plan - 2 x 1600m, 2 x 1200m and 2 x 1000m at 3-5k pace... I was definitely going with 5k pace here. Paces ended up at 6:06, 6:00, 6:02, 5:56, 5:56, 6:02, so around where they should be. I felt very heavy and sluggish for the first one, things got easier after that until the second last rep which got tough, and pretty much all of the last rep was hard. Legs felt heavy for the rest of the day.

On Sunday I plotted out a point-to-point 18 miles via the Airport Runway, Royal Canal, Phoenix Park and back into town where I'd be meeting the family to arse around town, after getting cleaned up in work. Overall it went fine, the last couple of miles weren't amazing split-wise but I was dealing with increasing volumes and frequency of traffic lights and pedestrians as I got into the city centre, and I wasn't feeling perky enough to speed up enough to not have them slow me down. The weather also wasn't my friend, I waited until after the rain had passed but the wind was in my face until Glasnevin, and then it got quite humid on the canal and beyond. I could have prepped a bit better, all I had was a kids Robinson's Fruitshoot drink with me (like, 200ml?) which I drank half way through. I had went out with a full stomach so I didn't bonk or anything but I'm sure some more liquid could have helped.

In exciting technology news, I splashed out on a pair of Apple Airpods, having got finally sick of untangling headphone cords for minutes on end every week. They stay in fine while running, though I did accidentally knock one out during Saturday's session when I absentmindedly went to brush away some sweat on my ear. It was nice to throw the phone in my pocket and not care about the cables dragging etc. on today's run.

Date|Distance|Pace|Notes
    28th August|10.1 miles|8:34|Commute home
    29th August|10 miles|8:38|Another commute
    30th August|12.1 miles|8:05|Feeling perky, so ran the long way home via Kinsealy and Airside.
    1st September|10.2 miles|8:36|More commuting
    2nd September|10.6 miles|7:38|VO2 max session as above
    3rd September|18.1 miles|8:08|Longest long run in a long time, as above. Passed 2000 miles for the year on Chesterfield.

Total: 71.2 miles

August total: 265 miles

Next week: No club on Tuesday, as there's football to watch :) Will try to make Thursday... which looks like 7 miles @ MP and 4.5 @ HMP :eek:

Ok week - volume fine but a drop in quality, only one session and some strides here and there.

The session was with the club marathoners on Thursday. I was a little worried about it, and walked over to the club instead of the usual 15 minute run to conserve energy :) The session was for 50 minutes at MP and 30 minutes at HMP, and my target paces were 7:10ish and 6:45ish. We ran this on the coast from Irishtown down to Dun Laoghaire and back. After 10 minutes warmup we went off at our respective paces. I ended up being on my own, a bit back from a group. I was keeping the lap pace steady at 7:10, and close to the turnaround point I caught up with the group, then eased past them. We were now running into the wind which was breezy enough. At 50 minutes I sped things up, but couldn't get below 7:00, happy enough with the effort but was way off the prescribed pace. Ended up doing the MP section at 7:12 and the HMP at 7:04, which wouldn't be a satisfactory HMP on Saturday week!

The other run of note was an attempt at a recce of the Dublin Half course this morning. Plenty of sections of road don't have paths up that way, so I wasn't expecting a particularly thrilling run. I got close enough to the turn-off to Man O'War, but was stopped by a motorcycle race. I tried to negotiate my way to be allowed to keep running, but they were having none of it. I found the hills fine up until the climb up after Lusk. The run back to Swords was annoying, I was exposed to the wind and rain and not particularly feeling the love, and slowed down once I got into the general Swords area.

Date|Distance|Pace|Notes
    4th September|10.2 miles|9:12|Slow commute home
    5th September|10 miles|8:20|A slightly faster commute with a bunch of strides thrown in
    6th September|3.8 miles|8:54|Lunch run with two lads from work, ran to Herbert Park and back into town
    6th September|9.6 miles|8:43|Commute home
    7th September|13.9 miles|?|Warmup, Cru session as above, cooldown.
    9th September|6.6 miles|8:16|Easy out to Malahide
    10th September|15.7 miles|7:58|Long run as above

Total: 70 miles
    Next week: Doesn't look like I can make the club this week :( - otherwise I guess I should be starting a taper and reducing volume!

A week of kind of slacking off in the name of a taper, followed by a decent weekend. Life interfered with making it to the club this week, though the milage didn't suffer too bad overall. The week got interesting when I gave Malahide parkrun a decent go, finishing in 19:09 (4th fastest 5k). It wasn't a particularly great run, I went out a little too fast and suffered badly in the gruesome hellhole of the 3th-4th km. I was chatting briefly to clickerquicklic before and after, who really should be going to a physio instead of running 5k PBs and if he's reading this right now and hasn't yet booked a physio really needs to do it this week before he makes a balls of his marathon (no pressure if you're reading this...).

Anyway... I made it out to the Phoenix Park this morning to do a long-ish run with a few Crusaders folks. It was a nice enough run, taking in an amazing part of Dublin that I've never been in before (the path alongside the Liffey between Chapelizod and Kilmainham) and generally going through a lot of trails in the Phoenix Park which I wouldn't run if I were running on my own. We passed Krusty at one stage too, good to see him back on his feet. I broke off from the group, who were doing 3 hours or so, and ended up doing slightly over 2 hours.

So, the half next week. In theory this was a target race, but following the plan fell apart as I joined the club and ended up replacing sessions with whatever they were doing. The last few weeks have been decent milage-wise but kind of went off the boil quality-wise. I think I'm still in PB-ish form, depending on the weather and general race going ons. Some yet-to-be-answered questions include:

- What time am I going for? (1:27:30?)
    - Am I going to wear racers? (probably?)
    - What is the weather going to be like? (???)
    - What pace will I do the first 7 uphill miles at (???)

Apart from Raheny, all the races I've done this year have felt almost conservative. For sure I've run very close to my ability, but haven't dared to push things further. Maybe I should change things up on Saturday :)

Date|Distance|Pace|Notes
    11th September|10 miles|8:51|Recovery commute.
    12th September|0 miles||No real running, but some cross-training rambling around (and sometimes running up) Howth.
    13th September|10 miles|8:20|Yet another commute home.
    14th September|10 miles|8:05|You guessed it - another commute. This time with a few strides.
    15th September|5.1 miles|9:02|Nice and easy miles around D2/D4 to the bus.
    16th September|9.2 miles|?|Parkrunning, including a 19:09 5k, as above.
    17th September|15 miles|8:09|Long Cru run, as above.

Total: 59.3 miles
    Next week: A taper and a half-marathon.

- What time am I going for? (1:27:30?)
    - Am I going to wear racers? (probably?)
    - What is the weather going to be like? (???)
    - What pace will I do the first 7 uphill miles at (???)

Apart from Raheny, all the races I've done this year have felt almost conservative. For sure I've run very close to my ability, but haven't dared to push things further. Maybe I should change things up on Saturday :)

- Sub 1:27
    - Most definitely
    - Sub in "Dublin" for "Cork"
    - Slower than the last 6? Seriously though, if you have a sense of what the effort should feel like, just let the effort dictate the pace for those early miles and see how you get on.

Maybe you should change things up. You've nothing to loose, your running well and maybe its time to put all those club sessions to good use. If this was (and maybe still is) your target race, that means running it too hard is not going to damage your prep for a bigger target.

I was chatting briefly to clickerquicklic before and after, who really should be going to a physio instead of running 5k PBs and if he's reading this right now and hasn't yet booked a physio really needs to do it this week before he makes a balls of his marathon (no pressure if you're reading this...).

Thanks :D I think I'm better no pain in my shin today, I reckon I do too many sessions too many of my runs are a type of session and not enough easy running.
    Last night just went out easy and worked on proper form and I think I've fixed myself.

My strategy for the half will be go with 1.30 pacers and try hang on for first 7 miles and just finish ahead of them and come in 1.29.59 , I've no experience of a half marathon race.

If I was you with the experience you have and miles in the legs I'd go out at your current PB pace for first half then push on second half your training is amazing your capable of a big PB just do it.

Do racers make you faster ? I wear the same runners for all running, If they make you faster then wear them I guess the downside is they are lighter and less support more danger of injury ? I probably wouldn't wear racers myself unless I had absolutely peaked and could never imagine going faster , like wise I wouldn't buy a lighter bike unless I was a pro rider.

Weather looks mixed windy rain and about 17 degrees is early prediction strong southerly breeze , probably best to run in a group to shield yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Best of luck on Saturday B, are you doing DCM? If so I'd be ever so slightly wary of breaking what's worked for you so far this year, if not then go for gold :)

The long run with Cru sounds cool but why wouldn't you run in the PP trails solo? It's magic! I love the trails, especially solo :)

• Advertisement

Maybe you should change things up. You've nothing to loose, your running well and maybe its time to put all those club sessions to good use. If this was (and maybe still is) your target race, that means running it too hard is not going to damage your prep for a bigger target.

Thanks for the advice and positive thinking!
    Thanks :D I think I'm better no pain in my shin today, I reckon I do too many sessions too many of my runs are a type of session and not enough easy running.
    Last night just went out easy and worked on proper form and I think I've fixed myself.

My strategy for the half will be go with 1.30 pacers and try hang on for first 7 miles and just finish ahead of them and come in 1.29.59 , I've no experience of a half marathon race.

If I was you with the experience you have and miles in the legs I'd go out at your current PB pace for first half then push on second half your training is amazing your capable of a big PB just do it.

Do racers make you faster ? I wear the same runners for all running, If they make you faster then wear them I guess the downside is they are lighter and less support more danger of injury ? I probably wouldn't wear racers myself unless I had absolutely peaked and could never imagine going faster , like wise I wouldn't buy a lighter bike unless I was a pro rider.

Weather looks mixed windy rain and about 17 degrees is early prediction strong southerly breeze , probably best to run in a group to shield yourself.

Good to hear you're not still in pain - keep an eye on it! Going out hard enough looks like it'll be the plan.

From some painstaking research I did (i.e. typed relevant search terms hopefully into Google) it looks like racers can help speed you up alright... every little helps! https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/2015/mar/11/when-should-you-wear-racing-flats

Some advice I've heard is to have a few pairs of runners on the go at all times, apparently it can help avoid injuries as different parts of your feet will be used by different runners. I currently have 4 different pairs in rotation, as well as a pair of racers and trail runners.
    Best of luck on Saturday B, are you doing DCM? If so I'd be ever so slightly wary of breaking what's worked for you so far this year, if not then go for gold :)

The long run with Cru sounds cool but why wouldn't you run in the PP trails solo? It's magic! I love the trails, especially solo :)

I occasionally run trails on my own, it's just not a consistent habit. I felt totally grand after yesterday's run, almost no long-run-fatigue, maybe that's down to the trails! I should probably try and do a few hilly trails before Run The Line. No DCM this year, I'll be a mere supporter!

I've started acting like the half is a target race anyway - I bought some Manuka Honey, have been carrying around a bottle of alcohol handwash, spent today ruefully glaring at anybody on the bus or work who looks sniffly, have been avoiding all contact with the kids at home (hah!) and yr.no is permanently open (hoping that this won't happen on Saturday: https://runningmagazine.ca/2017-copenhagen-half-marathon/ )

Advertisement