Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end of life on earth next September. Are you ready?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

endacl wrote: »
    Who would we throw? Load up a container with Katie Hopkinses?

AFAIK, said lady is of the Jewish persuasion.
    Perhaps shouldn't have said that, leaves it open to Godwinian troll or oversensitive Mod :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

every nights a full moon party for the gheys.

Any excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

That's a shame. I recently diversified my portfolio by investing in 5y Government bonds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

They don't know what date it will impact but they know it will hit Earth? I'm no expert, but wouldn't the Earth be a quite few million miles further from where it was on Sep 15 by Sep 28?

Sepp Blatter and watch Sepp Splatter!

/Gets coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

It's official. End times are here right now. I'm going to start getting my things together. Non believers had better start believing pdq.

Getting your things together? Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

Had we listened to Arthur C Clarke then we would be safe now with various planetary and lunar colonies and wheeled space stations. Losing the Earth would be inconvenient but no biggie.

But here we are having put all our eggs in one basket. And whatever aliens launched this foul weapon at us are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

When time began, moments later, there was some dude convinced it was about to end. His descendents carry on his tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

follow bertie, he always gets out of trouble before the sh** hits the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The files at Hangar one claims the US has spacecrafts up there, and will save us from doom.
    We can thank those aliens who crashed at Roswell for their technology.

As for that comet, conspiracy theories should be ignored...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

After the fall of civilization,with low cunning and ruthless ambition, I fully expect to rise to the top of the remaining plebs and become supreme overlord of a small local town and a few of the better farms in the area.
    It's on my bucket list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

RobertKK wrote: »
    The files at Hangar one claims the US has spacecrafts up there, and will save us from doom.
    We can thank those aliens who crashed at Roswell for their technology.

As for that comet, conspiracy theories should be ignored...

Must be great technology up to a point. Being able to chart navigate interstellar space or interdimensional yet unable to fly in an atmosphere without crashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Ruu wrote: »
    What if we throw someone/something at the comet and knock it out of the sky/into billions of pieces?

The rocket foolishly soared too high, and lost control of its its servo guidance mechanism leaving us.... six hours to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

efb wrote: »
    On behalf to of the gay community soz, our bad- according to some "Christian" nut it's our fault- the whole gay marriage thing...

But the fact it's all boll0cks worries me not a jot!

Anyone for an End of World full moon party???

Ahh Damn it efb.:mad: I was looking forward to seeing some really stylish gay weddings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If we all go down together then I could handle it. I'm just not going on my own while everyone else hangs around to enjoy the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

It's alright lads! NASA says we can enjoy all the awesome gay weddings cause there is nothing on collision course with Earth!
    NASA knows of no asteroid or comet currently on a collision course with Earth, so the probability of a major collision is quite small.

"In fact, as best as we can tell, no large object is likely to strike the Earth any time in the next several hundred years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    It's alright lads! NASA says we can enjoy all the awesome gay weddings cause there is nothing on collision course with Earth!

What am I gonna do with all the coke,hookers and heroin I've stockpiled for next September? Egg on my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

They don't know what date it will impact but they know it will hit Earth? I'm no expert, but wouldn't the Earth be a quite few million miles further from where it was on Sep 15 by Sep 28?
    If I know my Kerbal Space program, the comet will miss earth but fly close enough to do some atmospheric braking slowing it down enough to get captured in the earths gravity well, pass by earth to an enormous sigh of relief only for it to fall back down crushing all the godless heathens but not any churches.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

They would say that though wouldn't they, to protect their precious funding, cause we all know that the instant we all find out that there's gonna be an astroid impact, the first thing the U.S. government will do is cut the space program.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Akrasia wrote: »
    They would say that though wouldn't they, to protect their precious funding, cause we all know that the instant we all find out that there's gonna be an astroid impact, the first thing the U.S. government will do is cut the space program.
    I do hope that is a joke! If not then wow, you clearly don't know about all the other stuff NASA is doing (including an asteroid defence plan)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

No Christmas :( .

Christmas?

We don't even get Halloween! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

Its got an Earth homing device in it....doesn't matter where we are....it'll find us!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Are the " Greys " coming to get married.

They may have misunderstood the referendum.

Anyway they are welcome and I will be doing a Great Line in "Grey Marriage licenses " at very reasonable rates.

Obviously I am not taking the end of the World as seriously as……………… you know !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

All we need is a great big fcuking huge tennis racquet.

Swing it and blast the fcuker back to outer space.

NASA Shmasa, the Krazy kristians said vengeful god is peed off with the gay monogomy thing so THOU SHALT BE SMITED!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lean Leahz claims that world governments have been preparing quietly, moving and testing missile arsenals in the hope that it might be possible to fire them at the approaching asteroid and break it up to avoid catastrophe.

See, even my Kerbals know this will not work. My Kerbals!

Fun fact about Armageddon, each half of the asteroid missed earth by about 500 miles and all the NASA denizens were celebrating. In real-life they'd have running around ****less. A 500 mile miss wouldn't destroy earth but it would cause major tidal surges drowning killing a sh1t load of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Archeron

It has chilling hellish mystery sounds, which I want to hear.
    I'm rooting for the comet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I love the "......that would wipe out much of the United States......." F*ck the rest of the world. Reminds me of Team America "Cairo. 5472 miles east of USA"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

I preferred it when Comet just offered best-price electrical appliances.

Advertisement