Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWDC 2015 Thread + Links

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

They must be doing behind the scene changes though as that MacRumors article and users on Reddit mention seeing the sign up page in the Music app on the 8.4 beta.

Apple music won't be available in Ireland on June 30th.
    It will be released 2 weeks after this. This is why it's not showing up in the beta.
    Hope I helped

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I cant believe they didn't release stuff on apple TV and SDK. jeepers Apple this device could go gangbusters

Even if they were to release a new Apple TV with some sort of new streaming service to replace services like sky and upc we probably wouldn't be getting it anytime soon.

nokia211 wrote: »
    Even if they were to release a new Apple TV with some sort of new streaming service to replace services like sky and upc we probably wouldn't be getting it anytime soon.

an app store alone would boost its popularity hugely

BoatMad wrote: »
    an app store alone would boost its popularity hugely

Yeah I suppose an App Store would, but then again there wouldn't be that many apps that people would use regularly that aren't already available through either the Apple TV itself or by air playing. They could add games though I suppose. I would really like them to come up with some Netflix competitor

• Advertisement

Yeah I suppose an App Store would, but then again there wouldn't be that many apps that people would use regularly that aren't already available through either the Apple TV itself or by air playing. They could add games though I suppose. I would really like them to come up with some Netflix competitor

home automation, security , weather , millions of apps

this is a device in the middle of most peoples lives and always on .

apple are missing a big trick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

They won't release a half-baked update like just an App Store. From what I've heard the hardware is ready to go but the content deals aren't in place, so they're not going to release it until they're done. They might release it in the autumn along with new iPads or new iPhones.

Zcott wrote: »
    They won't release a half-baked update like just an App Store. From what I've heard the hardware is ready to go but the content deals aren't in place, so they're not going to release it until they're done. They might release it in the autumn along with new iPads or new iPhones.

indeed, Apple of course isn't a tech company anymore, its just a form of Time Warner content business

Zcott wrote: »

Yeah but my point was that the contract or streaming service they plan on releasing will probably be only in the U.S. and maybe the UK.

Yeah but my point was that the contract or streaming service they plan on releasing will probably be only in the U.S. and maybe the UK.

This is because Apple now see technology as simply a means of delivering their controlled content, Therefore technology and product now play a second fiddle to content provision

Its sad actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Apple still make the majority of their profits in Hardware sales, most software they provide is now free or sold cheap. When it comes to services they try sell them as cheaply as possible but I doubt they make too much from that either. It's all about making the software and services as good as they can be so they can sell more hardware.

The rumoured Apple TV is something I've looked forward to for the last 2 years +. I just hope they do actually release it soon.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Apple still make the majority of their profits in Hardware sales, most software they provide is now free or sold cheap. When it comes to services they try sell them as cheaply as possible but I doubt they make too much from that either. It's all about making the software and services as good as they can be so they can sell more hardware.

The rumoured Apple TV is something I've looked forward to for the last 2 years +. I just hope they do actually release it soon.

I agree, let's just hope though that we will benefit the same as the U.S. with it.

not really
    The “iTunes, Software, and Services” category, which Apple’s earnings release explains “includes revenue from sales on the iTunes Store, the App Store, the Mac App Store, and the iBooks Store, and revenue from sales of AppleCare, licensing and other services,” brought in revenue of $4.485 billion during the 2014 June quarter. That’s up 12 percent from the $3.99 billion reported for the category in 2013′s June quarter, just one year ago. In the nine months ended June 28, 2014, the category brought in $13.455 billion, up 14 percent from $11.791 in the same nine-month period a year ago. The iTunes category’s $4.485 billion revenue is also not far behind the $5.889 billion brought in by the iPad product line, or the $5.54 billion from Macs.

Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/technology/which-is-apples-best-i-business-software-or-hardware.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3cnJ5rVGw

content is a huge and growing part of Apple,

software is irrelevant , thats only an enabler

That's tiny compared to iPhone revenues. If you think Apple are making more money from services or even anything close to similar to the Hardware sales you need to read into it more.

351815.jpg

That's tiny compared to iPhone revenues. If you think Apple are making more money from services or even anything close to similar to the Hardware sales you need to read into it more.

351815.jpg

regard the one with the most growth , Apple play is reckoned to add an additional 1 billion in revenue

iPhone is an outlier in many extents, Whats clear is that services will be as bigger if not the biggest sector after iPhones soon

I was merely countering the point that " software" is an afterthought , it clearly is a substantial area of the companies business

BoatMad wrote: »
    regard the one with the most growth , Apple play is reckoned to add an additional 1 billion in revenue

iPhone is an outlier in many extents, Whats clear is that services will be as bigger if not the biggest sector after iPhones soon

I was merely countering the point that " software" is an afterthought , it clearly is a substantial area of the companies business

I really don't think so, they make a huge amount from services but compared to hardware sales they're tiny numbers.

There's a reason they've started making most of their software available for free, the money is in the hardware for Apple.

Suppose neither of us have a crystal ball with a view of the future so only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The U.S. site says 30 June . UK and a few other countries have coming soon http://www.apple.com/uk/music/

We have nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

We are getting apple music two weeks after the june 30th launch

Advertisement