Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuggers banned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I've found most chuggers respectful except for some of those idiots on commission (or so it seems) for amnesty international. They're never really respectful are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Rawr

cloud493 wrote: »
    Theres chuggers on the Gaeity theatre street these days.

Damn! They must have gotten my map :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

anto9 wrote: »
    I can deal with them myself ,as usually shouting ''all Chuggers are Kunts '' usually puts them off .Its old people ,and just people who are far too nice and polite i feel sorry for .

I'm always nice and polite until some cnut on the street wants my bank details then my politeness disappears quickly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've found most chuggers respectful except for some of those idiots on commission (or so it seems) for amnesty international. They're never really respectful are they?

They're all on commission.

Concern give a set wage, but a higher rate if you get sign ups, or being sacked if you don't.

Hanly centre give a euro per scratch card you sell.

Paws (they still around??) give a euro per item sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

From what I remember, the agency gets the first 18 months of payments then the charity recieves the rest.

And why An post is letting lottery card sellers for asthma Ireland outside the post offices is beyond me.

• Advertisement

From what I remember, the agency gets the first 18 months of payments then the charity recieves the rest.

And why An post is letting lottery card sellers for asthma Ireland outside the post offices is beyond me.

They don't own the public space outside the post office.

Those ones are treated like crap.

I actually went for an interview for them.

It wound up that, when you included travel around Ireland, you'd work up to 18 hours per day and IF you hit targets, you'd come out with about 350 for the week, but your travel, lunch and accommodation (if you would be in an area for a few days) costs came out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Rawr wrote: »
    Damn! They must have gotten my map :D

You can also get them at the junction of Trinity Street and Andrew Street, and on South William Street around Powerscourt Centre/Coppinger Row. Time for a new route!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I'm always nice and polite until some cnut on the street wants my bank details then my politeness disappears quickly :)

I am not .I want to make their day as miserable as possible and take that insane grin off their faces .LOL

I am not .I want to make their day as miserable as possible and take that insane grin off their faces .LOL

So you deliberately choose to ruin their day, even if they're polite (which the majority are), just because you don't like what they do?

You really don't understand how desperate one must be to even apply for one of those jobs?

Christ, that's a rotten thing to do.

I have customers like that in work. The ones that deliberately act like cnuts.

I ban them. I only wish the chuggers could do similar to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

The amnesty ones are fcuking cnuts.

• Advertisement

So you deliberately choose to ruin their day, even if they're polite (which the majority are), just because you don't like what they do?

You really don't understand how desperate one must be to even apply for one of those jobs?

Christ, that's a rotten thing to do.

I have customers like that in work. The ones that deliberately act like cnuts.

I ban them. I only wish the chuggers could do similar to you.

You sound like somebody who has Chugged .You lot should be put down .If they need a volunteer to give the injection ,i am available .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

You sound like somebody who has Chugged .You lot should be put down .If they need a volunteer to give the injection ,i am available .:D

You sound like someone who should be studying for their exams.

You sound like someone who should be studying for their exams.

At 62 years old ?:D I still have nightmares of having to do the Leaving Cert again ,which i passed with 3 honours back in 1970 .I know the system has changed now and its rated on points ,but old codgers will know what i am talking about .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

There's nothing like the rollercoaster of emotions you experience in the split second you think "wow, hot girl wants my attention ah feck she's a chugger"

Skid X wrote: »
    There's nothing like the rollercoaster of emotions you experience in the split second you think "wow, hot girl wants my attention ah feck she's a chugger"

Hot girls dont need to do it ,full stop.:p

I've never chugged in my life, so the 'you lot should be put down' comment doesn't apply. Well done for making a stupid assumption.

I have this thing called empathy. Those poor gits don't want to do that job, aside from one or two who do enjoy it.

Instead of doing a completely cnuty thing, how about you get on with your day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Socr57

I've never chugged in my life, so the 'you lot should be put down' comment doesn't apply. Well done for making a stupid assumption.

I have this thing called empathy. Those poor gits don't want to do that job, aside from one or two who do enjoy it.

Instead of doing a completely cnuty thing, how about you get on with your day?

Most people don't want to do their jobs, so what.

Chuggers put their self interest ahead of other people's interest. The benefit they get from chugging is more important to them than the annoyance they cause other people. So I've no problem putting my self interest ahead of them and ignoring them or telling them to fund off if needs be.

Socr57 wrote: »

Chuggers put their self interest ahead of other people's interest. The benefit they get from chugging is more important to them than the annoyance they cause other people. So I've no problem putting my self interest ahead of them and ignoring them or telling them to fund off if needs be.

I agree with ignoring them, or telling them to fcuk off if they persist.

My response was to a man who claims he goes out of his way to make people miserable.

Socr57 wrote: »

You put that better than i could .I have empathy for people with feeling for others ,but Chuggers are only thinking of themselves.

Why Chuggers are hated .https://youtu.be/oT_a6qdCwc0

Seems they hate being blanked lol.So thats my future way of dealing with them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Don't stop. Talk and walk at the same time - I've been doing it for years.

I swear some of the people on here must have the word sucker written on their foreheads.

I make eye-contact, smile politely and say "Not today". I don't slow down, I don't offer my hand and I'm never rude. Nobody ever follows me into a shop or tries me again. I'll see the same people twice on the course of my lunch break (around Parnell Street and Henry Street Dublin is fairly prime chugger real estate) and the second time they'll recognise me, smile and not bother me.

Everyone needs to lighten up. These people are salespeople. If you make it obvious that they're not going to get a sale they will not waste either their time or yours.

>>These people are salespeople<<

No vermin ,exploiting the weak ,more like .They will carry on though with people like you about .lol

>>These people are salespeople<<

No vermin ,exploiting the weak ,more like .They will carry on though with people like you about .lol
    Then only the weak should fear them.

Live and let live. Don't buy what they're selling if you're not interested.

Then only the weak should fear them.

Live and let live. Don't buy what they're selling if you're not interested.

The weak i am talking about could be your old mother or father .Thats why i hate the kunts with a passion .

The weak i am talking about could be your old mother or father .Thats why i hate the kunts with a passion .

I'd love to see one of them try to tangle with Mammy Houseboat. They'd end giving her their bank details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

You put that better than i could .I have empathy for people with feeling for others ,but Chuggers are only thinking of themselves.

Yep, but we're just emerging from a painful recession. On one hand there is a crowd, not necessarily you, that anyone on SW or worse working in the public sector are scum.

Then there are chuggers who are neither. At least they have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I remember one little prick who I ignored ran up behind me, pulled my earphones out of my ears and asked if I wanted to save the world. Had an awful day at work so had a rare rage moment that was unleashed on him.

Utterly hate the ones who call to the door. Accidentally answered the door to one thinking it was the pizza guy, she then had the cheek to get thick at me at my own door when the pizza guy came and said "You can afford pizza but like you won't even help the Syrian refugees!?!".

She also wanted me to put my bank details into her iPhone...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

This thread has me all riled up to head in to town and do some serious Chugger ignoring.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I remember one little prick who I ignored ran up behind me, pulled my earphones out of my ears and asked if I wanted to save the world. Had an awful day at work so had a rare rage moment that was unleashed on him.

Utterly hate the ones who call to the door. Accidentally answered the door to one thinking it was the pizza guy, she then had the cheek to get thick at me at my own door when the pizza guy came and said "You can afford pizza but like you won't even help the Syrian refugees!?!".

She also wanted me to put my bank details into her iPhone...........

Was she hot ? I bet not .Hot girls are not that desperate usually .

• Advertisement

Yep, but we're just emerging from a painful recession. On one hand there is a crowd, not necessarily you, that anyone on SW or worse working in the public sector are scum.

Then there are chuggers who are neither. At least they have a job.

Not a real job .Sweeping the streets would be a real job ,that i would have admiration for .A job i would gladly do myself if necessary .Chugging ? i would die first if it was compulsary .

Advertisement