Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it bad form to go to the off license three time in one day?

Options
13»

Comments

eternal wrote: »
    It has a higher calorie count than MOST of the drinks. I know because I calorie count everything.

You are counting them wrong so.

I'm not being dragged into your arguing. It has higher calories than most of the drinks.

Which beer on that list has more calories than Guinness. Guinness is 37 per 100g. All the largers are over 40 per 100g. Just read the article you linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Why not get your weeks booze in one go.

Think of it as your weekly shop

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I'm not being dragged into your arguing. It has higher calories than most of the drinks.
    If only there were some sort of authoritative source that could settle this dispute
    nox is right, stop digging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

Why not get your weeks booze in one go.

Think of it as your weekly shop

Yeah i would but what tends to happen is that i have a few and then i basically cant stop myself from keep on going. I rarely set out trying to drink so much.

Its something about myself i would like to change in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I was looking at cider, wine and spirits. All lower. The beer seems to be high too but everyone knows beer and stout is fattening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

I have read somewhere that Bulmers has more calories than a Guinness. Between Heineken and Guinness, Guinness seems to have less calories, although the links below give different readings for each for some reason.

http://andykennyfitness.ie/sugar-calories-in-beer-stout-cider/

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-drink/beers-calories-and-carbs

People say Guinness is a heavy drink, but I would disagree. The reason being because I like my imperial stouts, and Guinness compared to them would be watery or light bodied. Also, Guinness I find easier to drink compared to lagers and Bulmers due to it having less carbonation, and it fells like there is less sugar involved. I don't get that dry scaly mouth feeling from Guinness that Bulmers left in my mouth when I used to drink it.

I was looking at cider, wine and spirits. All lower. The beer seems to be high too but everyone knows beer and stout is fattening.

Cider isn't lower, it's the same or higher.

The conversation was about pints (so beer or cider) not about wine or spirits. Also the spirits are not taking into account the mixer which the vast majorly of people use with them and are hight in calories (not saying it makes them higher than a pint but it pushes them up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Yeah i would but what tends to happen is that i have a few and then i basically cant stop myself from keep on going. I rarely set out trying to drink so much.

Its something about myself i would like to change in fairness.

Feic it man, your causing no harm to nobody else, what does it matter? Unless you want to stop it yourself for whatever reason for yourself, then fair enough. These are pretty $hitty times we live in and we all need a bit of release now and again, drink is a kind of mainstream answer to those things that we all have to put up with, but there are countless other ways to pass the time as it too y'know? I wouldn't feel too bad about it all, we all got to release somehow. But if you want a change, look to your hobbies and interests that don't involve it. A lot of people nowadays feel the same.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Cider isn't lower, it's the same or higher.

The conversation was about pints (so beer or cider) not about wine or spirits. Also the spirits are not taking into account the mixer which the vast majorly of people use with them and are hight in calories (not saying it makes them higher than a pint but it pushes them up a lot.

I only drink sugar free drinks so I can't comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

I only drink sugar free drinks so I can't comment.

Such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

OP ,stop worrying about what anyone else thinks. It's none of their business what you do.
    I hope you had a good session.

Such as?

Pepsi Max, Coke Zero. If I'm out it's Bulmers Light or Coors light. I don't know what the sugar level is in them but the calories are much lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

yolo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

8,4 and 4 cans? :eek:

Jesus OP, can you not see that you have a serious drink problem?

Your drinking progression (syntax) is all wrong. It should be 4,4,8...

What would happen if you decided to go on a serious bender?

You'd end up having to make 8 or 9 trips. That's what.

16 cans is a bit mental.
    The most cans I've ever drank in one sitting was 10; once I had gotten to #7 I had to keep going until #10 so that I was able to build a nice pyramid on my desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Jaysus my dealer would tell me to F off if I called 3 times in one day. Oh wait...off licence you say...oh emm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Suppose it is one of the nice things about getting older...there is always rakes of beer and wine and spirits in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

dirtyden wrote: »
    20-30 pints is a ridiculous amount, bordering on obscene.

Very very few people sit down and drink 30 pints in a day.

Personally,I would only do it maybe twice,perhaps thrice a year.But it does happen,ask a barman.I had somewhere in the region of 12-15 pints last night,I started around 7ish came home around 3.I wasn't drunk. Merry,yes.Drunk no.

Hammar wrote: »
    OP ,stop worrying about what anyone else thinks. It's none of their business what you do.

Had a good one last night actually! Was my birthday, good fun.

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday!! This thing called getting older has made you ponder thus driving you to said off licence. The mystery has been revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

16 cans sounds like a lot on the face of it but two cans an hour over the course of afternoon/evening is manageable if supplemented by food.

I wouldn't manage 16 Guinness though.

Hammar wrote: »

Advertisement