Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it bad form to go to the off license three time in one day?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Chucken wrote: »
    Didn't I say it? Didn't I? Tut tut

TUT

Wut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

kneemos wrote: »
    Eight hours though.
    Eighteen cans and still coherent is an issue.

You think so?

I mean i'm completely coherent. Where's the problem?

As long as i'm at home that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Eight hours though.
    Wut.

When I posted, he was at 16 cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You think so?

I mean i'm completely coherent. Where's the problem?

As long as i'm at home that is..

32 units and 3000 calories in 8 hours... enjoy your liver while it lasts... which won't be very long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Ah it doesn't matter OP. Well as long as it's just an off licence, I wouldn't try that carry-on in a local Mace/Spar etc. I dunno why it's different, it just is.

What did you do with your day while you were drinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Off license staff see all sorts of things during a day. They aren't judging you or even thinking twice about you. Sounds like you are feeling a bit guilty though. Maybe give your body a bit of a break after today for a while. To be on the safe side you could go to your doc and have some bloodwork done. The important thing today is to not beat yourself up. None of us are perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shellakybooky

Of course its bad form to visit an off license 3 times a day. There are plenty of ones that deliver for god sake. You are waisting good drinking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bloggsyjoe

People here can sugar coat it for you all they like but 16 cans is not normal or healthy to drink in one sitting, no matter how you feel after it.

You'll do serious damage to yourself if you do that often.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Of course its bad form to visit an off license 3 times a day. There are plenty of ones that deliver for god sake. You are waisting good drinking time.

Yeah, he'll be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Just a sign of a healthy marriage.

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    It's not for us to judge what a person has to drink. If you start during the day then you will find it hard to stop and just keep on going, probably why you kept going back. You could be the kind of person who gets bored easily. As long as it's not every day you're doing it like. Guinness is very heavy to be drinking a lot of though, you will get very, very sick.

Your prediction was very much correct.

I dunno, I have had a few drinks pretty much everyday this week but I lost the run of myself a bit last night.

Someone pointed out that I must feel guilty about it, hence the thread and I suppose that's true.

I'll have to reign myself in a little in future and try not to create silly threads on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Eight hours though.

Ah,that old chestnut. Some people can drink and some people can't.18 cans over the course of the day is not a whole lot if you fall into the former category,which you obviously dont and the op clearly does.Have you never spent a whole day in a pub?20-30 pints is not uncommon amongst my peers.

Guinness is very heavy to be drinking a lot of though, you will get very, very sick.

This is a bit of a myth, I find guinness much easier to drink a lot of than most largers. It's easier on the system, less gas and less chemicals so will leave (me anyway) feeling much better the next day.

If I drank 10 pints of larger Id far worse than if I drank 15 or 16 pints of Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

your drinking style is your own business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

This is a bit of a myth, I find guinness much easier to drink a lot of than most largers. It's easier on the system, less gas and less chemicals so will leave (me anyway) feeling much better the next day.

If I drank 10 pints of larger Id far worse than if I drank 15 or 16 pints of Guinness.

It is easier to drink but its heavy and fills you up,making you less inclined to seek out some mid session soakage,essential if you wanna keep up with the big boys.

It is easier to drink but its heavy and fills you up,making you less inclined to seek out some mid session soakage,essential if you wanna keep up with the big boys.

Eat before and eat after, none of this mid-session eating for me.

20-30 pints is not uncommon amongst my peers.
    30 pints in a day?

That's almost 4 gallons of beer. :eek:

Enough to replace your entire blood volume three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

30 pints in a day?

That's almost 4 gallons of beer. :eek:

Enough to replace your entire blood volume three times.

6000 calories.

I bet they are mostly obese.

The list of health complaints this would cause makes it barely believable that someone would willingly take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bloggsyjoe

Have you never spent a whole day in a pub?20-30 pints is not uncommon amongst my peers.
    Best of luck to your peers with that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I have been wondering recently about the etiquette surrounding trips to the off license.

I visited the off license three times today, for 8, 4 and 4 cans of guiness between the hours of 4pm and just before ten.

Each time my head has told me that it's the wrong thing to do, but each time also, my heart has said "f**k it" and I have capitulated.

I was just curious as to whether your typical boardsie would take issue with this as I kind of felt a pang of shame on round three but i'm not sure that I should have.

You do this everyday? How do you manage to work? Or Is this what you spend your whole dole on?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I have been wondering recently about the etiquette surrounding trips to the off license.

I visited the off license three times today, for 8, 4 and 4 cans of guiness between the hours of 4pm and just before ten.

Each time my head has told me that it's the wrong thing to do, but each time also, my heart has said "f**k it" and I have capitulated.

I was just curious as to whether your typical boardsie would take issue with this as I kind of felt a pang of shame on round three but i'm not sure that I should have.

Beer doesn't "go off" like tomatoes or bread or ham yet people buy food for the week only to sling a load of it out. Apply this concept to the non-perishable beer and you are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Ah,that old chestnut. Some people can drink and some people can't.18 cans over the course of the day is not a whole lot if you fall into the former category,which you obviously dont and the op clearly does.Have you never spent a whole day in a pub?20-30 pints is not uncommon amongst my peers.

20-30 pints is a ridiculous amount, bordering on obscene.

Very very few people sit down and drink 30 pints in a day.

dirtyden wrote: »
    20-30 pints is a ridiculous amount, bordering on obscene.

Very very few people sit down and drink 30 pints in a day.

20 maybe but that would be my limit I would say. Stretched over the course of a full day though it's not that bad I would have thought.

Maybe I do move in strange circles!

As regards the calories etc. I don't know what it is but I drink I suppose more than most people but I'm still the same size I was ten years ago when I was 21.

6'4, 32 inch waist.

I don't exercise but I eat pretty healthy and don't drink fizzy drinks or any of that.

I do eat a lot of biscuits and such though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Guinness has a far, far less calorie count than a lot of other mainstream branded beers, and I think a lot less than some spirits with mixers even.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    Guinness has a far, far less calorie count than a lot of other mainstream branded beer

A fact very few people actually know (and don't believe when you tell them), people assume guinness is the worst of all when in fact it has the lowest calories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

A fact very few people actually know (and don't believe when you tell them), people assume guinness is the worst of all when in fact it has the lowest calories.

And what ever calories it has gets blown out of your arse with the explosive trots.

Wrong? That confirms what I said. Click on Heineken or carlsberg and they have more calories than guinness.
    And what ever calories it has gets blown out of your arse with the explosive trots.

I have to say my most enjoyable "deliveries" are after a feed of Guinness never got people fearing a visit to the toilet the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Jayzus. I always thought it was around the 140 calorie per pint mark? I know I seen that somewhere

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

Wrong? That confirms what I said. Click on Heineken or carlsberg and they have more calories than guinness.
    It has a higher calorie count than MOST of the drinks. I know because I calorie count everything.

Advertisement