Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it bad form to go to the off license three time in one day?

Options
  • 04-06-2015 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

I have been wondering recently about the etiquette surrounding trips to the off license.

I visited the off license three times today, for 8, 4 and 4 cans of guiness between the hours of 4pm and just before ten.

Each time my head has told me that it's the wrong thing to do, but each time also, my heart has said "f**k it" and I have capitulated.

I was just curious as to whether your typical boardsie would take issue with this as I kind of felt a pang of shame on round three but i'm not sure that I should have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Why not go to three different off licences? Or, just buy 16 in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I have been wondering recently about the etiquette surrounding trips to the off license.

I visited the off license three times today, for 8, 4 and 4 cans of guiness between the hours of 4pm and just before ten.

Each time my head has told me that it's the wrong thing to do, but each time also, my heart has said "f**k it" and I have capitulated.

I was just curious as to whether your typical boardsie would take issue with this as I kind of felt a pang of shame on round three but i'm not sure that I should have.

Surly by round 3 it was time to hit town

I condemn your inability to plan ahead..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just make sure you have plenty of toilet roll and air freshener in the bathroom tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

16 cans and still typing is the issue :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Could be wrong, could be right. It's all about the public image. Ltd. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Given they're in the business of selling beer I doubt there's a limit.

On another note...sixteen cans??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Rob a keg save all the travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just buy a crate, I always get a crate of beer and when it's getting low I buy another. Also means you won't have the situation at 3 in the morning and no store is open and you have to go to the pub if you want to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Stockpile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Doing it for one day means feck all.

However, if you were to do it every day for a few months without changing your clothes then you might be considered to be exhibiting worrying symptoms.

Could be wrong, could be right. It's all about the public image. Ltd. :)

How. Do. You. Do. It.

:D

Gordon wrote: »
    Stockpile.

Oh. Good evening Gordon.

Lads quick...tidy up :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did you drink all sixteen? I'd be comatose after eight!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Stop buying cans for kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

kneemos wrote: »
    Given they're in the business of selling beer I doubt there's a limit.

On another note...sixteen cans??

Apparently so..

And i've just tapped in to my housemate's supply which is a further two cans.

I believe I may well have a drinking problem.

Bu that isn't really the topic of the thread.

I should have planned ahead alright (for all you folks who suggested as much) however I kept thinking to myself that this would be the last trip, if you know what I mean?

Also when you think about it, it's only two cans per hour....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It is scientifically proven that sitting the Leaving cert while pished bumps your grades up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

You started the thread cos you knew it was wrong. 16 cans is a problem. I could drink 9 myself and I know that's a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Sleveile

Your recycling bin should be re-named "empty tinnies bin".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Forget nuclear arms, in the morning it is going to be nuclear ar$e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Of a Thursday.....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

16 cans of Guinness at home?

Jaysus, I think it's time you went full for the full Arthur.

Of a Thursday.....!

Indeed, I just know that I felt bad going in the third time. Should I have?

I don't normally care what what people think but I had a bee in my bonnet over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Also when you think about it, it's only two cans per hour....

Eight hours though.
    Eighteen cans and still coherent is an issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Indeed, I just know that I felt bad going in the third time. Should I have?

I don't normally care what what people think but I had a bee in my bonnet over this.

No you shouldn't have gone back. Drink at night until what you have is gone then go to bed. Don't come running to me with your hangover tomorrow :rolleyes:

Chucken wrote: »
    16 cans and still typing is the issue :eek:
    Eight hours though.

Didn't I say it? Didn't I? Tut tut

TUT

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Eight hours though.

Some have a higher tolerance for alcohol, like he said he's being tipping away since 4pm, not sculling off pints in rapid succession.

Some have a higher tolerance for alcohol, like he said he's being tipping away since 4pm, not sculling off pints in rapid succession.

And how does that make you feeeel?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

It's not for us to judge what a person has to drink. If you start during the day then you will find it hard to stop and just keep on going, probably why you kept going back. You could be the kind of person who gets bored easily. As long as it's not every day you're doing it like. Guinness is very heavy to be drinking a lot of though, you will get very, very sick.

Advertisement